• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty more loans but no chance of first team football. Wasted potential, look at what Hughes and Barkley are doing, settled with regular game time.

Mug for signing that contract.

At the very least, he's guaranteed a good payday (he might be on as much as £20k a week) and he gets loaned out and first team experience - given his talent wherever he goes he is likely to play. Of all the players we've got in the ranks below he is the one I think will get a chance in the years ahead

rvy

Banned
Bsqg35ECIAAMo2l.png:large

998BC381F6849E8A9AB3397E75E9C7A3.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Telegraph:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to make a second bid for Ben Davies after it emerged Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £10million fee with Swansea City.

Rodgers is weighing up an improved offer for the Wales international after his opening £8million bid was rejected in what appears a straight battle between Liverpool and Spurs.

Swansea are understood to have agreed a deal in principle with Spurs for the left-back, who is set to be pulled out of Garry Monk’s squad for the friendly against Chivas Guadalajara in Milwaukee on Wednesday night.

But Davies is aware of Liverpool’s interest and would welcome the opportunity to speak with Rodgers if they match the Spurs bid.

Levy get this shit locked down. If we lose Davies to Liverpool I'm going to kill you.

L1NETT

At the very least, he's guaranteed a good payday (he might be on as much as £20k a week) and he gets loaned out and first team experience - given his talent wherever he goes he is likely to play. Of all the players we've got in the ranks below he is the one I think will get a chance in the years ahead

At best he's gonna be used to make up the HG player quota for the Champions league

When you have a club willing to spend 30+ million on Fabregas/Matic etc etc...he has no hope of getting any minutes bare some token Capital One Cup Appearances

Think Bamford will get the boot this summer too

Derby should take him on again

Suen

Dear Susan, who the fuck is Mikael Ishak and why is Copenhagen interested?
Some Swedes call(ed) him the next big talent from Sweden. After Parma signed him last year I became an expert after watching a few of his youtube videos, he looks ok (for his age anyway), not that special imo. We sent him out on a loan like we do with anyone that isn't 30+ but I have no idea how he performed in Crotone.

Since he's not really Swedish by origin that means he might actually be good, let that motivate you.

Clegg

Are the likes of Vidal, Pirlo et al really likely to leave Juve now that Conte is gone? I can't see the board, even Juve's one, willing to accept a mass exodus.

Zabojnik

Pirlo wants to meet with the directors too

good thing we're good at lying and empty promises innit.

I'm sorry, Yurt. I blame Conte as much as I blame our management. We'll see once the whole truth comes out, but for now ... Who the fuck leaves the club on the second day of the pre-season?

Are the likes of Vidal, Pirlo et al really likely to leave Juve now that Conte is gone? I can't see the board, even Juve's one, willing to accept a mass exodus.

I don't think a mass exodus will happen right now, but at the very least it'll be a season full of tensions inside our squad. Which is never a good thing.

sohois

Telegraph are reporting that Spurs have agreed a £10m fee for Ben Davies. I hope we match it if the Moreno deal is truly dead.

I can't help but wonder if we miss out on Davies then the club would just be forced to go buy Rodriguez, who is just a much better option. Seeing as Chelsea have taken leave of their senses and refuse to weaken Liverpool further with Bertrand, he would be one of the only options left at LB.

Carbonox

Another one through the door, he's not going to set the league on fire but it's nice to have attacking options once again.

Onto a first choice striker now!

these feels

these feels of joy

Rumour is that we're interested in Benteke and Aston Villa are willing to talk. Benteke, Riviere and Cisse. I would be fucking chuffed with that. Lacazette excites me more but he's too difficult I think.

Telegraph:

Levy get this shit locked down. If we lose Davies to Liverpool I'm going to kill you.
If they match the bid then what can you do? Of course he'd join Liverpool.

I can't help but wonder if we miss out on Davies then the club would just be forced to go buy Rodriguez, who is just a much better option. Seeing as Chelsea have taken leave of their senses and refuse to weaken Liverpool further with Bertrand, he would be one of the only options left at LB.
Why would they do that if they find the fee for Moreno and Davies prohibitive. Is weird that nobody had tried to sign him though. If nobody goes for him this summer I'd bet City do next.

Mastadon

Banned

Why would they do that if they find the fee for Moreno and Davies prohibitive. Is weird that nobody had tried to sign him though. If nobody goes for him this summer I'd bet City do next.

Well we were willing to pay £18m for Moreno. Can't imagine Rodriguez would go for that much. £15m maybe?

these feels

these feels of joy

Rumour is that we're interested in Benteke and Aston Villa are willing to talk. Benteke, Riviere and Cisse. I would be fucking chuffed with that. Lacazette excites me more but he's too difficult I think.

Benteke will be a non starter I think, we won't pay the fee anyway.

Lacazette is the one I'd be most excited for out of the strikers we've been liked with, but I can't see it either, not with Liverpool being strongly linked now. Hopefully we get someone decent sorted soon!

I'm just fucking thrilled Shola is no longer an option.

sohois

It's not that they can't pay, it's that they won't. Liverpool have a value for a player in mind and will not budge if the clubs won't accept. It's why Salah didn't get wrapped up and the reason for a number of other protracted sagas. Rodriguez would be a lot more expensive but if Liverpool value him as such then it's no issue.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm sorry, Yurt. I blame Conte as much as I blame our management. We'll see once the whole truth comes out, but for now ... Who the fuck leaves the club on the second day of the pre-season?

I totally understand, and I'm glad it went this way. It's like a slap in the face to our directors

they failed to deliver on their promises (and lost Iturbe over 1 or 2 millions, now that's just fucking pathetic) and he felt cheated.

Carbonox

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Gaal Drogo is actually Woody's replacement, Conte is being brought in as manager, he single-handedly gets the likes of Pogba and Vidal to sign for United, the Dothraki start their assault on King's Landing.

Woody was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

The massive sinkhole in Siberia? That's United leaving their mark on the Earth (so they picked a wasteland of a country) via their satellite. Promotional material because they're gonna leave their mark on the Prem.

Suen

Allegri might've asked Abate to Milan. 8m euros. Not sure what a RB incapable of crossing could do at Juve, but okay.

The Gold Tie is ready then.
First you made Conte quite to install Allegri and now you're sending your trash to Juve. BerlusconiGoldtie is a genius.

Sure, you can have him on loan. Otherwise, he'll just rot away his youth behind Higuain and Michu.
Loan with option to buy. He's probably too expensive to buy for us, we aren't even buy Cassani for 500k or something :lol

When is Erick Thohir's rich twin bro buying Parma. I've waited too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom