• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
At best he's gonna be used to make up the HG player quota for the Champions league

When you have a club willing to spend 30+ million on Fabregas/Matic etc etc...he has no hope of getting any minutes bare some token Capital One Cup Appearances

Think Bamford will get the boot this summer too

Derby should take him on again

Normally I would agree but thinking more long-term (which is what the club are doing currently) JT isn't far away from retiring or leaving and after that we have 2 players trained in the nation for league and CL purposes - Fabregas and Cahill. So the club is going to be up to 6 spaces down on our CL/PL quotas (even with filler if they aren't good enough we will effectively be a place down)

Considering in the past we had a mix of: JT, Lamps, J Cole, A Cole, Bridge and others etc its completely unviable, so the two options are: use some of the talented players coming through the ranks or buy some english players (which is partly why I wanted Shaw).

The club does have some talented players coming through, they've been very successful at youth level, I'm not saying we will flood our team with young players who are world class and all that - because it won't happen, but picking out the few that they think have the talent to play for the team is certainly possible, personally I was disappointed Kalas went out on loan, I thought he looked very good in the 2/3 matches he played and was worth a punt but the club wanted to guarantee first team football.

The problem as I see it is that the players we have that are talented and are of age to come into the first team training - Chalobah, Baker, Ake, Bamford, Omeruo (not saying all would "make it" but those are the ones the club consider to be talented) are getting loaned out mostly to championship teams when they should be looking for premier league loan deals, although perhaps after what happened with McEachran we are reluctant to do that incase they don't get played, who knows.

Also, we needed to buy players at the prices of Matic and Fabregas because we still need quality players in the team to compete.

I know the whole "Chelsea don't do youth thing" but that was at a time when to be honest very few of our younger players were actually any good, I mean how many of them do you hear about at the top level of football now? Obviously not helped by us not playing them but still, most of them didnt get very far because they also just weren't talented enough

Some great material on Twitter today.

gVRaoro.jpg

Allegri might've asked Abate to Milan. 8m euros. Not sure what a RB incapable of crossing could do at Juve, but okay.

The Gold Tie is ready then.

It starts.

Now please sign Mexes, Constant, and Muntari, and Allegri might go down in history as a legend for Milan after all.

Zabojnik

I totally understand, and I'm glad it went this way. It's like a slap in the face to our directors

they failed to deliver on their promises (and lost Iturbe over 1 or 2 millions, now that's just fucking pathetic) and he felt cheated.

Yeah, okay. I can understand why he did it, if that's the case. I just don't think that's all there is to it. Imo, he wanted to quit in May/June and was hoping for a big club to come calling. No one did and so he decided to stay for one more season. I'm sure Marotta & Agnelli fucked him over, but that's nothing new, even for him. That's how we operate. What did he expect, really?

But with all that, there's this whole other side to it. He's a Juventino. Juve made him the manager he is today. The club stood beside him, unwavering, during the whole Scommessopoli fiasco, as did the fans. So he wouldn't have had a (highly) competitive squad this season. So fucking what? He's got 20+ year long career as manager ahead of him. Would it have killed him to stay for one more year, as per the contract he signed?

I get it. It's the whole mix of things that did it. And maybe he was right to step down. He should've done it in May, that's all.

There's this guy, with hair as white as snow (and a small just as white goatee), and borderline midget living in the same building as me. My guess would be he's about 40, he runes a lot and stuff, very much into keeping himself healthy. Anyway every single time he meets me out outside in town or anything, he insists on fist bumping me. This is the most awkward thing ever in public, we are both extremely white, and he might actually be an albino midget... and he just wants to fist bump.

Dear football GAF, how do I tell him this is not alright, he just did it again to me this morning.

Hixx

There's this guy, with hair as white as snow (and a small just as white goatee), and borderline midget living in the same building as me. My guess would be he's about 40, he runes a lot and stuff, very much into keeping himself healthy. Anyway every single time he meets me out outside in town or anything, he insists on fist bumping me. This is the most awkward thing ever in public, we are both extremely white, and he might actually be an albino midget... and he just wants to fist bump.

Dear football GAF, how do I tell him this is not alright, he just did it again to me this morning.

Accidentally punch him in the face.

Mastadon

Banned

You need to change it up so he becomes uncomfortable and actively tries to avoid you. Try giving him a big hug next time you see him.

It's the only way. Midgets are notoriously persistent.

Stop being a cunt and just fist bump him, it probably makes his day.

Jarnet87

Allegri selling Pirlo would be the official death knell of Juventus. You'd think he would learn his lesson after selling him the first time, but nope.

Fist bump The little fella. Then buy similar clothings. He can be your De Vitto like on twins

You sure it is just not you walking past a mirror?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, okay. I can understand why he did it, if that's the case. I just don't think that's all there is to it. Imo, he wanted to quit in May/June and was hoping for a big club to come calling. No one did and so he decided to stay for one more season. I'm sure Marotta & Agnelli fucked him over, but that's nothing new, even for him. That's how we operate. What did he expect, really?

But with all that, there's this whole other side to it. He's a Juventino. Juve made him the manager he is today. The club stood beside him, unwavering, during the whole Scommessopoli fiasco, as did the fans. So he wouldn't have had a (highly) competitive squad this season. So fucking what? He's got 20+ year long career as manager ahead of him. Would it have killed him to stay for one more year, as per the contract he signed?

I get it. It's the whole mix of things that did it. And maybe he was right to step down. He should've done it in May, that's all.
Yeah, fair point.

I guess he was just too fucking angry after the Iturbe deal (or Vidal, if you want to believe the English press)

why did we accept the resignation though? :lol we could've pulled a Lotito/Udinese

FootyGAF, we should buy the now-officially-bankrupt and relegated-to-Serie-D (yes, that's actually amateur-level) Siena. Start counting your coins.

http://i.imgur.com/XHjuDvx.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I totally would if it meant one night with their vice-president

[IMG]http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fedelissimoonline.it/img_notizie/thumb1/d4d5d73c1f70e74a45708b230c9d0641-28148-46d0d2d6a80d48706aa3d793de24ca67.jpeg

Zabojnik

All the jokes about Inter and Milan imploding caught up to them. Good riddance

You know, it may feel like it, it may even seem like it, but it's not actually the end of the world for us. I obviously can't say this for certain now, but it's very likely that Juve will end up competing for the scudetto. Milan is still a big ?, Inter is still a big merda.

You know, it may feel like it, it may even seem like it, but it's not actually the end of the world for us. I obviously can't say this for certain now, but it's very likely that Juve will end up competing for the scudetto. Milan is still a big ?, Inter is still a big merda.
I see you are at the bargaining stage. Getting closer to acceptance. :p

Considering Juve is now dead, we will buy Marchisio, just so that Immobile doesn't feel alone here in Germany.

We will not pay much, pls understand

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo are you reading Alessio Tacchinardi's timeline? :lol he's DYING! I think he's gonna check himself into rehab any moment now

zsl7Gto.jpg

You'd probably need to pay more for a night with Ms Mezzaroma than the club itself at this point.

AHAHAHAHA *DEAD* :(

I'll miss her <3 I'm sure she won't mind sleeping with me anyway, we both like the same shitty rock bands

Hixx

I don't get it. They let Conte go then less than 24 hours later they get Allegri. That's what you do if you feel your new manager is a coup, not when you Moyes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom