• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Marotta said our mercato had absolutely nothing to do with Conte leaving. He wanted to leave in May, they more or less convinced him to stay, he went on vacation, came back, there was another meeting, he told them he didn't feel up to it.

Probably PR bullshit and I'm sure our mercato had a lot to do with it, but yeah, that's not how you do it.

I fear you may be right. Why are Juve owners doing this to the team?

Because they'd rather pour hundreds of millions into F1 and Ferrari. Fucking Elkann, I hope Gianni & Giovanni Agnelli come back as zombies and fucking END YOU.

rbjyzr.gif

iYRSN3BhxbD55.gif

Meier

Am I crazy or was it a little callous for Juve to officially hire Allegri that quick? It comes across as more calculated when it's done like this. I know the season is coming up soon but at least give Conte a day or two. Sheesh!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri "I understand the skepticism of the fans. I hope to conquer them with work, respect and professionalism."

tumblr_n0ur50v3b11smhoruo1_250.gif

Let's fill in the timeline a bit:

4 July: Massimo resigns as Siena president
5 July: Conte is motivated
6 July: Valentina says, "Run away with me."
15 July: Siena goes bankrupt and is relegated to Serie D; Conte has other motivations

http://i.imgur.com/ZOfih3v.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't blame him then [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3AQmK.gif

Am I crazy or was it a little callous for Juve to officially hire Allegri that quick? It comes across as more calculated when it's done like this. I know the season is coming up soon but at least give Conte a day or two. Sheesh!

They have a season to plan for and if Conte isn't going to be there for it they can't hang around to save his feelings. Seems like a smart move to me personally to get it done asap

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We're just trying to keep things quiet.

#believe

No more believing, it would be insulting to Vidal if the club said openly they are not interested and then went after him, comes across very poorly.

This is not going to happen.

This is a nightmare guys, he's utterly fucking clueless. They just told him "look we're not gonna sign anyone, tell the fans we're gonna focus on the Champions League and whatever" and sent him out, he probably didn't even get any sleep last night.

I just wanna kill everyone. Marotta especially.

btw watching the Luis Enrique confe at FCB, these bitter english asked if the Suare signing somehow made the club a normal club. lol I dont care about the mes que un club motto, but asking that when you can ask about football just shows deep inside the English media will miss Luisito Suarez.

Great signing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta, Juve CEO: "Vidal is our player, big clubs asked for him but he'll stay and he's happy here. We’ve never put him up for sale"

No more believing, it would be insulting to Vidal if the club said openly they are not interested and then went after him, comes across very poorly.

This is not going to happen.

We haven't said we're not interested, just that we've made no contact
yet.
Have to get the deal done without someone else swooping in.

Barzul

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano 1m
Marotta, Juve CEO: "Vidal is our player, big clubs asked for him but he'll stay and he's happy here. We’ve never put him up for sale" #MUFC

edit: beaten

Marotta, Juve CEO: "Vidal is our player, big clubs asked for him but he'll stay and he's happy here. We’ve never put him up for sale"

I dont believe that, I have a feeling they backpedal after Conte resigned, and as fan control measure they are not going to sell him now, why would a winner like Conte leave then?

Vidal to the EPL
Conte resigns,
As a way to save face "Vidal isnt going anywhere"
a week or so from now "Vidal wanted to go after Conte's departure, so we had to sell"
Juve pays 40m for Gareth Barry.

btw watching the Luis Enrique confe at FCB, these bitter english asked if the Suare signing somehow made the club a normal club. lol I dont care about the mes que un club motto, but asking that when you can ask about football just shows deep inside the English media will miss Luisito Suarez.

Great signing.

You won't be saying that when he takes a chunk out of Messi.

Meier

They have a season to plan for and if Conte isn't going to be there for it they can't hang around to save his feelings. Seems like a smart move to me personally to get it done asap

I mean.. it's not like he can't do all of that without being formally unveiled. You can do things privately. Just feels like a knife in the back to me. It's not like Allegri is some Juve legend or something -- shouldn't they have considered interviewing Zidane or something? It's a strange move for it to be done this quickly.

I mean.. it's not like he can't do all of that without being formally unveiled. You can do things privately. Just feels like a knife in the back to me. It's not like Allegri is some Juve legend or something -- shouldn't they have considered interviewing Zidane or something? It's a strange move for it to be done this quickly.

They might have known about it for a while... and who knows if they called up Zidane and asked, it's just pointless speculation. Of course a decision shouldn't be rushed, but there's no need to push it back just to save anyones feelings, the season is starting soon enough, don't waste time.

Zabojnik

I'm sorry, but if even half of what Marotta said is true - that it was entirely Conte's decision based on his lack of motivation & energy - then the knife is Conte's and it's in our back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom