• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
BsqrG4fIQAAX9KS.png

Someone

help
gyi3P3f.gif

Lets get Khedira.

Blablurn

Decided to sell my second cellphone. If I got the money I want I'm going for this nice PS4 headset.

fR74kCo.jpg

It looks badass. 100 bucks tho.

Fergie

Banned
Decided to sell my second cellphone. If I got the money I want I'm going for this nice PS4 headset.

fR74kCo.jpg

It looks badass. 100 bucks tho.
Checked if the microphone is decent?

I'm thinking of one as well but need a general good consensus on quality of the mic.

K1LLER7

None, thankfully

I started Killzone: SF earlier, and gave up after half an hour.
Never liked Killzone, or the majority of FPSs.

I think the ending hinted at what could have been for that game really. Misses opportunity.
I played the game on and off. Started it 3 months ago lol. Story was great and the ending too. Didn't see it coming tbh. Never played the first 2, but I think I'm sure i've seen that "under water city" in Bioshock 1. Nice touch if it is.

Rhaegar

Quick question. How do you Americans watch games? Is there a website that you use that is either free or subscription based?

The Premier League rights are held by NBC Sports Network, which is available on most cable providers. They show several games per week and also make every game available to watch either online or, if your cable provider has arranged for it, via overrun channels on your TV. Essentially I had every EPL game available to watch live on TV or via internet streaming this last year. They also show a handful of bigger games on NBC, which is a free network.

Most of the other leagues (La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1) are on Bein sports, which is a newer channel and is on most providers but requires an extra fee for mine at least. I think they also stream. Bundesliga is on GolTV, which has the least representation on providers, but my understanding is TV rights will go to Fox Network starting in 2015-2016.

Meier

United States U17 player Christian Pulisic to Borussia Dortmund.

Anyone knows something about him ?

Not familiar with him but you could ask in the American soccer thread. A few of those guys are pretty clued in about the youth players. I guess our guy Joseph Gyau who signed for BVBII the other day played the full 90 in Dortmund's friendly yesterday. Junior Flores had 2 assists for the second squad -- he is definitely one of our biggest talents.

Top Drawer Soccer says Pulisic is the #2 youth prospect at the IMG Academy (soccer school in Florida where a lot of the best players move to train full time): http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-player-profile/christian-pulisic/pid-10028615. Looks like he is only 15 so that's a pretty big accomplishment.

Pennywise

Not familiar with him but you could ask in the American soccer thread. A few of those guys are pretty clued in about the youth players. I guess our guy Joseph Gyau who signed for BVBII the other day played the full 90 in Dortmund's friendly yesterday. Junior Flores had 2 assists for the second squad -- he is definitely one of our biggest talents.

Top Drawer Soccer says Pulisic is the #2 youth prospect at the IMG Academy (soccer school in Florida where a lot of the best players move to train full time): http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-player-profile/christian-pulisic/pid-10028615. Looks like he is only 15 so that's a pretty big accomplishment.

So he's an addition to our youth team, good they're already packed with talented players.

L1NETT

Gonna see if I can get tickets for United vs Swansea next month.

Booking tickets for games too.

Slightly less glamorous booking train tickets to the Bescot Stadium but hey

It's happening

I played the game on and off. Started it 3 months ago lol. Story was great and the ending too. Didn't see it coming tbh. Never played the first 2, but I think I'm sure i've seen that "under water city" in Bioshock 1. Nice touch if it is.

Play Bioshock 1 m8, best of the lot.

The Art direction in Infinite and 1 is so damn good. Just the world of Infinite is absorbing as anything and the moments when the combat got it right (large areas with rails etc) was fantastic

theapg

The Premier League rights are held by NBC Sports Network, which is available on most cable providers. They show several games per week and also make every game available to watch either online or, if your cable provider has arranged for it, via overrun channels on your TV. Essentially I had every EPL game available to watch live on TV or via internet streaming this last year. They also show a handful of bigger games on NBC, which is a free network.

Most of the other leagues (La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1) are on Bein sports, which is a newer channel and is on most providers but requires an extra fee for mine at least. I think they also stream. Bundesliga is on GolTV, which has the least representation on providers, but my understanding is TV rights will go to Fox Network starting in 2015-2016.

Thanks! I had no idea that NBC showed every PL game on their streaming site, thats awesome.

K1LLER7

It's happening

Play Bioschock 1 m8, best of the lot.

The Art direction in Infinite and 1 is so damn good. Just the world of Infinite is absorbing as anything and the moments when the combat got it right (large areas with rails etc) was fantastic
Will have a look for B-1 online. Agree, great contrast in the settings in Infinite. Hope they stick to a similar art style for the next game.

------

Gaal taking his first training session :D

L1NETT

He's an honorary member of Arsenal GAF.

And they just people who don't make Ozil jokes?

:p

Will have a look for B-1 online. Agree, great contrast in the settings in Infinite. Hope they stick to a similar art style for the next game.

Ken is gone. Bioshock lives on in name only, all future games are probably gonna be committee designed generic poop trying to emulate the originals

ugh, ps3 issue keeps happening these past few weeks, ps3 randomly stops sending any data via the hdmi cable no picture, no sound, refused to turn off without the power wire being pulled. think its dying :/

Clegg

It's happening

Play Bioshock 1 m8, best of the lot.

It's the opening game of the season so I'm unsure if there'll be many tickets going. My uncle lives in Manchester and knows some ST holders so I'll chance it that way.

EmiPrime

Meanwhile in the UK we have to watch crappy streams on dodgy websites because broadcasters here can't show 3pm KO games on Saturdays.

Slizz

NBCSN has done an amazing job with their PL coverage. It's so much better than FSC.

Meier or anyone else know when Fox's CL rights run out?

feel

What have I done?

g4IHNEL.jpg

On the subject of Vidal yes I would love him at United, have Juve looked to sell him? Yes.

Will we get him? Probably not.
Why the fuck would they go with a color version of the logo like that with reflections and shit instead of just a minimalistic white icon. Yuck.

Stubo

Toni Kroos confirms he is joining Real Madrid in £20m 'dream' deal after Germany win the World Cup
Bayern Munich man to be paid £160,000-a-week over five years
I maintain that £20m is an absolute steal for him. Really hope that LVG's B-list has some hidden gems on it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom