• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Chiriches (passport problem), Adebayor (illness) and Sandro (no idea why) didn't travel with the squad to the US. Perhaps Sandro is about to be sold, or perhaps MoPo's intense training sessions have claimed their first victim.

I'd probably keep Fellaini unless the money is immediately put to use in one of the big targets (a great CM or CB). He's probably worth more to keep than United would get for him after the ridiculous fee they paid.

Remember how when you have a bad break up, throwing out things from the ex can make things better? Fellani has to be thrown out that way to officially get rid of Moyes era.

Arnie

I want a group of death.

I want to play the biggest teams in the biggest games and I want to go there. I want to travel to Dortmund or Munich or Barcelona or Rome and so on and so forth.

Don't want to go to Madrid, though. Been. It's shit.

Abraxas

Greiz/Reus----Sanchez----walcott

Wengie pls.

------

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if we have ended our pursuit of Remy in favor of wellbeck. Its a shame really, because Lukaku should be the one we're chasing.

Scum

So Chiriches (passport problem), Adebayor (illness) and Sandro (no idea why) didn't travel with the squad to the US. Perhaps Sandro is about to be sold, or perhaps MoPo's intense training sessions have claimed their first victim.

Ugh. I hope it's just an injury. I want Sandro to stay.

jtb

Banned
Greiz/Reus----Sanchez----walcott

Wengie pls.

------

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if we have ended our pursuit of Remy in favor of wellbeck. Its a shame really, because Lukaku should be the one we're chasing.

Remy is fine.

fuck Welbeck

Welbeck is brilliant. I don't like you.

Welbeck-penalty-miss.gif

Meier

Meier, your assessment is one that ignores everything that has happened in the past.
Keep hope alive, Arnie. That's all we as a species can do. But back on earth, Sterling only got a chance to play so consistently because Liverpool had some really shitty players and couldn't sign Champions League level talent due to years of mismanagement and poor results. Times are different now. You can expect to continue to spend £20m on a 20 year old before you look to bring them through the youth ranks.

The Daily Mail did a pretty interesting study a few weeks back which showed the number of English players clubs have brought through their academy. Richards and Sturridge weren't included in our list since we paid small compensation fees for them back in the day, but City had 14 total (none recently of course). By the same metric, Liverpool had 13.

GK: N/A

Jon Flanagan (11- ) Martin Kelly (07- ) Jamie Carragher (96-13) Stephen Warnock (02-07)

David Thompson (96-00) Steven Gerrard (98- ) Jay Spearing (08-13)

Neil Mellor (02-06) Michael Owen (96-04) Robbie Fowler (93-01)

No of seasons in the top-flight: 22

No of English graduates to appear five or more times for club in the Premier League: 13

Here is the piece for those interested: http://tinyurl.com/q3d86zw

Slizz

Welbeck is frustrating. Always gets the ball in a decent position and inevitably gives it away, or misses the target..... Damn feels like I'm describing Gervinho, except I think Gervinho has better ball skills....

jtb

Banned
With Campbell we don't need either.

Focus solely on defensive signings. We have enough attacking players.

Campbell is unproven as a goalscorer. If Wenger wants to keep him around as a squad player, playing on the wing, getting games up front in the cup, that's fine by me. But Sanogo is made of glass and shit. the Giroud-era was a fun little diversion. but now I want a competent striker up front. why even bother spending 50m this summer if we're just going to end up watching Giroud play another 50 games up front for us. we need Remy imo

Campbell is not ready to play as a lone striker. relying on him up front for the occasional game when Giroud is hurt or tired is going to be Bendtner all over again.

dc89

It is still a beta to be fair.

Yeah but some of the bugs are ridiculous after three betas. Constant lock ups, messages reverting to SMS for no reason, hard locks and then instant battery drain after a reset. I could go on.

I had iOS6 & 7 Beta and never experienced anything like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom