• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Yeah but some of the bugs are ridiculous after three betas. Constant lock ups, messages reverting to SMS for no reason, hard locks and then instant battery drain after a reset. I could go on.

I had iOS6 & 7 Beta and never experienced anything like this.

The risk you take with pre-release software. Same thing happened on Windows Phone. 8.0 GDR3 beta was basically RTM, 8.1 beta was far from it.

Suen

Ideally, we get Remy and ship both of them out on loan.
Remy is definitely a better option than the two just based on experience but part of me wants to see Campbell being given a try, at least for less important games where results won't affect us as much. I suppose it's better to send him out on loan for his own development though.

Roma have officially signed Iturbe.

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/corporate_iturbe/

Sorry, Juve bros!
damn

He's shit anyway.
:lol and your avatar hahahaha

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It is widely reported that five ultras representatives were allowed to enter Vinovo for private talks with the club directors, including director general Marotta and Allegri himself.

The meeting lasted only a few minutes.

What is this guys, support the manager! Don't be like Manchester United.

:lol but srsly, 'meeting lasted only a few mins' LOOOOOOOOOOL I can only imagine :lol

Sorry, Juve bros!

Yeah it was unofficially announced last night before Conte's resignation! I still don't think he's worth 25-30 million :/ he's no fucking Sanchez, not even close.

Lightning

Banned
Campbell is unproven as a goalscorer. If Wenger wants to keep him around as a squad player, playing on the wing, getting games up front in the cup, that's fine by me. But Sanogo is made of glass and shit. the Giroud-era was a fun little diversion. but now I want a competent striker up front. why even bother spending 50m this summer if we're just going to end up watching Giroud play another 50 games up front for us. we need Remy imo

Campbell is not ready to play as a lone striker. relying on him up front for the occasional game when Giroud is hurt or tired is going to be Bendtner all over again.
Remy is worse than Giroud and I'm sure Sanchez or Walcott are going to be playing through the middle a bit. Both can't play on the right wing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The music combined with what they are actually doing (throwing balls around) has me in fucking stitches.

If you look close enough you can see the title challenge

wedward

has to be the most promising 19 year old in world football, right

?

Liverpool have the most promising 19 year old prospect in Sterling and the most promising 25 year old prospect in Lallana.

Crazy.

People who rate Remy ahead of Giroud are in for a rude awakening.

Zabojnik

Sorry, Juve bros!

€22m + €2.5m in add-ons. 5 year deal. This number is about 5m less than the Juve guys were expecting they'd pay... man, that's rough. What a squad Roma have built.

Apparently it's that + 10M€ to the third-party owners. Verona only had 70% ownership of Iturbe.

So it's really more like 30-35M€. Goodbye, Benatia!

Also, Evra and Morata are still on.

jtb

Banned
Remy has pace and Remy can finish. Our midfield will create chances that he will score. He'll be fine until we can get an actual good striker.

Meier

Quoting myself so this doesn't get missed. Arsenal have 14, Chelsea have 10, United 18, Everton 24 and Spurs 20 for the record.

The Daily Mail did a pretty interesting study a few weeks back which showed the number of English players clubs have brought through their academy that played for their first team. Richards and Sturridge weren't included in our list since we paid small compensation fees for them back in the day, but City had 14 total (none recently of course). By the same metric, Liverpool had 13.

Here is the piece for those interested: http://tinyurl.com/q3d86zw

Unrelated, but it's amazing that Porto gave away so much money. Iturbe's buy-out clause was €40m I believe. I'm certain they could have loaned him out for another year and got at least €30m themselves. Strange they let a falling out with the player dictate leaving so much money on the table.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently it's that + 10M€ to the third-party owners. Verona only had 70% ownership of Iturbe.

So it's really more like 30-35M€. Goodbye, Benatia!

Also, Evra and Morata are still on.

Allegri The Abyssbringer wants Abate and Astori
KuGsj.gif

Ginter is giving Klopp so many possibilities.

Weltmeister defense:
Weidenfeller
Großkreutz-Ginter-Hummels-Durm

Jogi defense:
Weidenfeller
Sokratis-Ginter-Hummels-Subotic

Stulaw

Ipswich 0-0 West Ham Utd.

Gave the players a run out I guess, Vaz Te seemed to have a lot of chances, Zarate only had half an hour on the pitch.

They're off to New Zealand next.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we are genuinely in for Stroot that would imply we are not going to go heavy on a CM this window surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom