• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, so, when all is said and done, Roma signed Iturbe for 34,5M€. Good luck with all that, I guess.
Holy shit? That's fucking absurd. Conte is fucking mad if he think's we're gonna pay 35 million for ITURBE

he's obviously talented but you don't pay that much for someone relatively unproven, that's a massive fucking gamble

edit: Fuck me I'm worse than Marotta

Walshy

I am really torn on this. Can't decide if I would rather have Morgan or Sami. What are you thinking Sal?
Don't Arsenal fans want a DM? I always considered khedira as more box-to-box.

I think Schneiderlin would be more suited, but maybe I'm wrong.

Clegg

I'd happily take any of Strootman, De Rossi, Pjanic and Nainggolan. Roma are stacked.
If we had our pick then I'd probs go for Strootman simply because he's a box to box mid we're so desperately after. Dunno how his knee injury will impact on his style of play though. LvG seems to think he can also control a game from midfield so he has that in his locker too.

King_Moc

Banned
That Sterling video is sensational. I'm scared to think of what he'll be like in 5 years if his progression doesn't go horribly wrong. Or if he leaves.

Last posts on the page fucking suck:

It isn't loading for me either. If I inspect it, it says something about duplicate headers? I see it's hosted on the GAF site.. strange.

Well, that's strange. I'll reuploaded it, is it working now?

in other news:

Philipp Lahm touched the ball 1951 times during his world cup appearances. More than any player in WC history #Maestro

Should have made another three contacts, the cunt. Would have been #history

Meier

Apparently Liverpool are going to sign Bakkali from PSV and loan him back out to PSV.

I think he's had a pretty notable falling out there. If he is signed by someone, I don't think they'd loan him back to PSV (although perhaps someone else in Holland). He has been linked to a number of clubs but most of them are on the continent.

Well, that's strange. I'll reuploaded it, is it working now?

Working now!

Blablurn

3772493-1462766665-37096.gif

Linius

I barely even know what an Iturbe is.

Also where's there some Chelsea highlights, I want to look at all those future Vitesse stars.

I still don't understand how Vitesse every thought it was a good idea to become Chelsea's training ground. They have no self respect.

Tonights goals, 1 for JT too, what a hero against League 2 Wycombe

PointedOldGrub.gif

Won't load for me. :(

I still don't understand how Vitesse every thought it was a good idea to become Chelsea's training ground. They have no self respect.

Weren't they financially pretty bad off before? and with bad league placements that has now improved as a result of all the Chelsea STARS?

I remember them having trouble with their bills and being forced to sell Claudemir cheap to us.

Linius

Apparently Liverpool are going to sign Bakkali from PSV and loan him back out to PSV.

I doubt that. PSV is looking to include him in a swap + money for Defour. And even if Liverpool will sign him, I can't really imagine they loan him to PSV. He's been an arrogant little shithead refusing to sign a new contract. PSV put him in the reserve team until he makes up his mind. They'd be wise to stay far away from him if they can sell him to anyone. Any club would be wise to stay away from him really.

Won't load for me. :(

Weren't they financially pretty bad off before? and with bad league placements that has now improved as a result of all the Chelsea STARS?

I remember them having trouble with their bills and being forced to sell Claudemir cheap to us.

I changed it to a link, seems the gif link hasn't fully worked, try it again.

The first one and in particular the last one, beauties

Salvadora

I am really torn on this. Can't decide if I would rather have Morgan or Sami. What are you thinking Sal?
Schneiderlin, easily.

Actually does the job our side has been crying out for since Gilberto left and has experience in the league. Would probably take a good bit less in wages and the transfer fee would be around the same.

Khedira is a big question mark in my mind as to what he does.

Undoubtedly it'd be more of a statement signing though.

Barzul

All I know is with Khedira or Schneiderlin next to Ramsey in our midfield, we're not losing 6 nil to teams in the league.
I hope not.

Oh yeah pretty good goals, defense of course as questionable as a team like that will be haha.

Last season we would have struggled to put them away. Fuck buying a second striker, get Bamfordinho and Brownaldo (that last one is something new I'm trying) and we'll have won the title before Jose has sat down to eat his christmas turkey

Is Bender a DM? Doesn't he play ahead/to the right of one? From the little I've seen he looks like a jack-of-all-trades B2B midfielder, and by all accounts (incl. his own), he's had a poor season. Maybe I've got him all wrong though.

Schneiderlin makes so much sense it's ridiculous tbh, he even counts as homegrown. I get why Wenger would like Khedira, as he's a leader, a big-gamer and direct, but at the end of the day we'd need to neuter a player whose best quality is charging up and down the pitch.

I'd happily take any of Strootman, De Rossi, Pjanic and Nainggolan. Roma are stacked.

Keita still looks good off the back of the few Valencia games I saw late last season, and Ucan is meant to be a huge talent. Rudi Garcia is that dude.

All I know is with Khedira or Schneiderlin next to Ramsey in our midfield, we're not losing 6 nil to teams in the league.
I hope not.

Well, if one of your players deliberately tries to cheat again by using his hand to push the ball away from goal and gets himself off then you will probably will lose 6-0 again.

Last season we would have struggled to put them away. Fuck buying a second striker, get Bamfordinho and Brownaldo (that last one is something new I'm trying) and we'll have won the title before Jose has sat down to eat his christmas turkey

I hope Bamford at least gets the chance, no idea about Brown, have not really seen him. But I doubt it.

Zabojnik

Holy shit? That's fucking absurd. Conte is fucking mad if he think's we're gonna pay 35 million for ITURBE

I'm almost hoping we sell Vidal now. Because if that was never in the cards and Conte left because of fucking Iturbe or because we didn't sign Sanchez / Cuadrado, with 30M€-40M€ mercato cash still available and with more than a month and a half of time left to spend it ... Yeaaaah, I'm sorry Antonio, but fuck that.

Linius

Yeah, obviously money was the reason behind all of this. But this construction also means they lose control over what happens with the club and they throw away their identity by becoming a Chelsea reserves team.

I'm more happy with what's going on at ADO for example. They're being bought by some Chinese company but these guys only come with money. The board and the people etc. all stay as it was. They're also going to invest in their youth programme. And they will buy players instead of setting up some loan construction with a big foreign club. It's more a long term kind of thing. Vitesse basically starts from scratch every season with four or more different Chelsea loanees.

Yeah I'll probably have it on in the background while I do something

Why you going?

Nah but I will be glued to my TV for all 5 days to watch it, just wondered if any of football Gaf watched.

Im considering going to the final day of the third test though if it lasts that long as its pretty local and I can just turn up on the day if it suits me agreed about Kerrigan, dunno why they didn't stick with Borthwick...

Im getting multi room installed on Saturday (£5.60pm for a year, damn good price) as well so if I check twitter or something I won't be a few minutes behind the actual play!

Barzul

Is Bender a DM? Doesn't he play ahead/to the right of one? From the little I've seen he looks like a jack-of-all-trades B2B midfielder, and by all accounts (incl. his own), he's had a poor season. Maybe I've got him all wrong though.

Schneiderlin makes so much sense it's ridiculous tbh, he even counts as homegrown. I get why Wenger would like Khedira, as he's a leader, a big-gamer and direct, but at the end of the day we'd need to neuter a player whose best quality is charging up and down the pitch.

Keita still looks good off the back of the few Valencia games I saw late last season, and Ucan is meant to be a huge talent. Rudi Garcia is that dude.

Exactly. looking at whoscored (I know) he played more games as a CM than at DM last season. Maybe it was due to lack of personnel, who knows. Besides he was in a team that conceded 5 goals in one game against Moyes. That has me a bit worried.

Clegg

I'd be totally fine with Arsenal signing Bender. Any midfielder that gets shat on by the Carrick/Fellaini combo gets a seal of approval.

L1NETT

Nah but I will be glued to my TV for all 5 days to watch it, just wondered if any of football Gaf watched.

Im considering going to the final day of the third test though if it lasts that long as its pretty local and I can just turn up on the day if it suits me agreed about Kerrigan, dunno why they didn't stick with Borthwick...

Im getting multi room installed on Saturday (£5.60pm for a year, damn good price) as well so if I check twitter or something I won't be a few minutes behind the actual play!

Lords is only a bus away for me as I'm back from Uni

If there tickets available I'll rock up. Lords is great.

Fuck twitter, listen to Test Match Special. Best thing on radio

Milch is now presenting news about Blablurn's favourite player Kevin Großkreutz:

Klopp: "I saw Kevin with his phone on TV and thought: I could give him a call then. But a proper talk wasn't possible."

After Draxler's Döner song yesterday, Großkreutz wrote this with a pic of him and the Bundesliga trophy on his instagram page:
"Lieber Julian, ich kann zwar keinen Döner raus rücken , aber ich kann immer wieder die Schale rausholen ;))))) so 1:1 ... SGG" [SGG meaning schwarz-gelbe Grüße]

No proper translation because it makes no sense and you guys should learn German, we're Weltmeister now.

-------
In other hilarious news, Sidney Sam said he wants to score 15 goals this season. :lol :lol :lol

Clegg

Exactly. looking at whoscored (I know) he played more games as a CM than at DM last season. Maybe it was due to lack of personnel, who knows. Besides he was in a team that conceded 5 goals in one game against Moyes. That has me a bit worried.
9-2 across the two games m8

Lightning

Banned
Schneiderlin, easily.

Actually does the job our side has been crying out for since Gilberto left and has experience in the league. Would probably take a good bit less in wages and the transfer fee would be around the same.

Khedira is a big question mark in my mind as to what he does.

Undoubtedly it'd be more of a statement signing though.
We're different it seems as I think Khedira would be awesome for us. I don't think we need a DM sitting if front of the back 4 for most of our games. There are games where that helps but for the most part it's not required provided we have intelligent midfielders which we will if we get Sami.

fuenf

Milch is now presenting news about Blablurn's favourite player Kevin Großkreutz:

Klopp: "I saw Kevin with his phone on TV and thought: I could give him a call then. But a proper talk wasn't possible."

After Draxler's Döner song yesterday, Großkreutz wrote this with a pic of him and the Bundesliga trophy on his instagram page:
"Lieber Julian, ich kann zwar keinen Döner raus rücken , aber ich kann immer wieder die Schale rausholen ;))))) so 1:1 ... SGG" [SGG meaning schwarz-gelbe Grüße]

No proper translation because it makes no sense and you guys should learn German, we're Weltmeister now.

-------
In other hilarious news, Sidney Sam said he wants to score 15 goals this season. :lol :lol :lol

he's quickly becoming my favorite player too. Löw brainwashed us all. Hope that KG statement provokes Draxler to move to Bayern. ;)

FootballFan

I hope not.

Khedira started next to gaf favourite Xabi Alonso under Mourinho and lost 5-0.

Ramsey is much better than Alonso though so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom