• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Cheers Arnie.

Anderson has already picked up some injuries since returning? He's a lost cause. Good luck trying to find a buyer for him.

wedward

Tony Barrett's new article has very little transfer related, other than us pondering an increased bid for Davies.

Focuses on Rodgers being unfazed by Suarez's departure. Wish I had his confidence.

Oh aye, yea.

That's a good shout.

Happened to us with Gotze as well. Assume the club told us we couldn't talk to him so they decided to test the waters.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He died
No idea

he played in Serie A a couple of years ago.

so yes, he died.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29106-1375122434-46_zps3f2411f6.gif

Walshy

That was him angling for a new contract though. Even there, his agent would have given us a heads up to make a bid in the first place so he would have a better bargaining position.
Yeah, I forgot he did sign a new contract not long afterwards either.

Did we ever know what happened fully with the Mkhitaryan deal? I remember we allegedly made a bid, then Dortmund swooped in and got him for a much lesser sum than anticipated.

bobito

Banned
I think i'm turning veggie, I literally have no inclination to eat meat anymore. What is happening to me!

I am already Juve.

Did we ever know what happened fully with the Mkhitaryan deal? I remember we allegedly made a bid, then Dortmund swooped in and got him for a much lesser sum than anticipated.

He betrayed us for Dortmund's higher wages

Capture01-300x270.jpg

Suen

Riviere looks strong, been a while since we had a physical presence in the box
Think it's a good signing. I thought Falcao would be responsible for most of the attack in Monaco but Riviere was a nice little surprise who had a good impact on their season. Looking forward to see more of him.

Mastadon

Banned

Wasn't there talk that Dortmund had a deal agreed with him in principal ages before we made our interest known?

That transfer saga killed a little part of my soul, I won't lie.

sohois

Liverpool have seemingly had no new transfer links since the Suarez deal was completed. Everyone was going ballistic over Bony, or Reus, or JRod, or whoever, but in terms of genuine links from the reliable guys there hasn't actually been shit - even Bony was just a line about Liverpool making an enquiry.

It's been Markovic, Origi and Moreno and that's it. I suspect that Liverpool are trying to keep other targets under closer wraps.

Happened to us with Gotze as well. Assume the club told us we couldn't talk to him so they decided to test the waters.

Didn't we bid £30m for Gotze? I remember that being surprising lol.

-----

Gonna see what the first episode of Utopia is all about. And I just watched 'To Kill A Mockingbird'

Never read the book, but man, that film is so well-made. Dat 9 min speech by Gregory Peck.

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool have seemingly had no new transfer links since the Suarez deal was completed. Everyone was going ballistic over Bony, or Reus, or JRod, or whoever, but in terms of genuine links from the reliable guys there hasn't actually been shit - even Bony was just a line about Liverpool making an enquiry.

It's been Markovic, Origi and Moreno and that's it. I suspect that Liverpool are trying to keep other targets under closer wraps.

Busy working on Reus.

Arnie

I suspect that Liverpool are trying to keep other targets under closer wraps.

No question about that.

We know we've got the entire pot to go and spend. We know that we're intent on bringing more quality in. We just need to bide our time.

Pennywise

Wasn't there talk that Dortmund had a deal agreed with him in principal ages before we made our interest known?

That transfer saga killed a little part of my soul, I won't lie.

Yeah, he wanted to join Dortmund and all the muppet shit with the property rights took quite some time.
Plus Donezk wanted more money, they knew Dortmund had their pockets full.

Salvadora

Guardian saying Van Gaal took particular note of Tom Cleverley and Smalling in training and the later could be used in the Vermaelen transfer.

Carbonox

yeh bby

0,,10278~12975115,00.jpg

Wonder what's holding up the official announcement of Janmaat? He's already been photographed holding the Newcastle shirt with his name on it alongside Pardew.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, he wanted to join Dortmund and all the muppet shit with the property rights took quite some time.
Plus Donezk wanted more money, they knew Dortmund had their pockets full.

How has he been at Dortmund? I seem to remember people were slightly disappointed with him in the first quarter of the season - did he come good?

yeh bby

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/b/fc/0,,10278~12975115,00.jpg[/MG]

Wonder what's holding up the official announcement of Janmaat? He's already been photographed holding the Newcastle shirt with his name on it alongside Pardew.[/QUOTE]

Bigger than Hulk

As for Janmaat, who knows, funny why the Debuchy/Janmaat deals have taken so long to be confirmed. Not that it matters, just a matter of time.

sohois

No question about that.

We know we've got the entire pot to go and spend. We know that we're intent on bringing more quality in. We just need to bide our time.

It's a little strange though, having been hit with a barrage of news since the beginning of the window over the various targets, and now for everything to go quiet again.

Can, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno and Origi all had fairly 'standard' cycles, with interest reported, bids made and players signed (or not) over a short period. But hardly anything for a while now.

Barzul

Bigger than Hulk

As for Janmaat, who knows, funny why the Debuchy/Janmaat deals have taken so long to be confirmed. Not that it matters, just a matter of time.

It's probably a hold up on our end. Guarantee it. We've told you guys to hold off on the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom