• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Two things

a) Im sure he said that he couldnt come in January because of the Dutch team, which is crazy if we actually wanted to change out Moyes then.
b) He had a dig at Rooney :eek:

Two things

a) Im sure he said that he couldnt come in January because of the Dutch team, which is crazy if we actually wanted to change out Moyes then.

Wasn't that during the holiday question? I think he was talking about taking a sabbatical until January but instead he wanted to join straight away (now).

Linius

Two things

b) He had a dig at Rooney :eek:

I think he said he couldn't come in january 2015 because United are the biggest club and you don't let them hang. He would have enjoyed having a half year off between jobs though.

I read yesterday it was between Atletico and Monaco (especially if Rodriguez leaves)

We're being linked with Khedira, Benatia and Varanne and we just pinched one of Reals physios as well
Yeah Monaco are the other favourites. Makes more sense to me for him to go there but they play in France lol Griezmann seems like he wants a move to England instead. I like him a lot but no idea why we would buy him when we have Hazard on the left and Schurrle/Willian on the right, unless one of those two is getting sold.

paddypower: Not sure you know this, but Louis van Gaal has a murky past.
BswLsdTIUAAJ9ZN.png

Quite funny from Paddy Power

GQman2121

Banned
Not hyped at all for Destiny PvP, maps look too small and cramped. PvE will be boss though

I'm a bit sceptical that the clans will work though with only 20 or so members, there might not be much overlap in the times that we play and/or the levels that we're at.

Like if I could only play at 1AM BST, and was Level 3 while everyone else is already Level 10, it probably wouldn't work for me

I thought the PvE stuff was very repetitive. Yet, I guess we were having fun just dicking around. It felt very one dimensional though and I don't think that makes for a good game.

The Rooney/Carrick Answer:

Van Gaal: "I am not always convinced of the experience of players. I have said a lot of times in the media, Clarence Seedorf was 16 years old, I let him make his debut for Ajax. He was sometimes more experienced than a player of 30-year-old.

"It is dependent on the personality. You mentioned Wayne Rooney, but there is for example Michael Carrick. He is injured, that is in my opinion a big blow because he is an experienced player.

"It is very important we have experienced players, not only in age but as a human being. My philosophy is not only the football player but in total."

Pennywise

Louis van Gaal on Wayne Rooney and the experienced players: "I am not always convinced of the experience of players because I have said a lot of times in the media, a boy like Clarence Seedorf was 16 years old and I gave him his debut at Ajax and sometimes he was more experienced than a player of 30 years old. It is always dependable on the personality. You named Rooney but Carrick was injured on the last day or the day before that it is also a big blow because he is an experienced player als
Adam Marshall, 16:28 BST

When asked how excited he is to take the job, he replied: "It's difficult to describe. I have been here two days and met a lot of people. When you see those kind of people, loving the club, it is a big family and they expect a lot of me. They are very excited to meet me. Can I fulfil that expectation? I think I can do it but because of the greatness of this club, it is also much more difficult than at another club."
Adam Marshall, 16:26 BST

"I have a strong philosophy and every year I have trained is confirming that philosophy," he added. "Sir Alex also had a strong philosophy and I think it was a very good one." The Scot called him to congratulate him on getting the job and they had a coffee and something to eat together. "We always had a glass of wine when the lights were out. We know each other well. I will drink coffee and wine with him!"
Adam Marshall, 16:25 BST

When asked about his style, he replied: "I'm democratic, empathetic to human beings. Of course I have a strong personality, but the other characterisics are more important. That's the key of my personality." Those who say he is autocratic is "unfair because the media want to show that part of the personality. When you repeat that, everybody thinks like that."

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Expectations have been slightly dampened by him having to wait and assess the squad before bringing in more.

Clegg

Carrick being out for a while is a massive blow. He was poor last season, but he's still a quality player on form. Need a new cm signing so.

Linius

Expectations have been slightly dampened by him having to wait and assess the squad before bringing in more.

That's his philosophy. Anyone could have told you that. He likes to work with young players and mindless buying doesn't suit him. Expect to see more of your talents getting chances.

Jarnet87

Gaal completely ignoring Rooney. He's as good as gone. yes Gaal yes, ship him off to France.

Carrick hurt is a nightmare. I'd imagine even if we did sign Vidal or another midfielder Carrick would still play a big part. Now we desperately need to bring in someone. Lewis plz, Vidal plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom