• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

I told you he was crap. It would be better playing with 10 men. He scored 3 goals in 21 games, none of which were in the league and 1 of which was against Arsenal so it doesn't really count. He's lazy as well and doesn't contribute towards the rest of the team.

Fake edit: I just looked your team up. You have a player called Oliver McBurnie. He should start every match. Great name.

McBurnie is a local academy prospect, looks decent but needs to hit the weights sharpish

Apparently Angelo Balanta also looking a bit dog in pre season

Sigh

Zabojnik

If we go by the way FX promoted the show before and during it's run..... never.

I read an interview with Donal Logue and he was saying they're trying to do *something* with the IP, maybe a movie, he mentioned something about a blu-ray release I think. There's still hope. I have to have it on blu-ray. Pls.

Slizz

I read an interview with Donal Logue and he was saying they're trying to do *something* with the IP, maybe a movie, he mentioned something about a blu-ray release I think. There's still hope. I have to have it on blu-ray. Pls.

Yeah, Blu-Ray is fine. I really don't need a movie unless it was like 6 years in the making.

Even though it was 1 season I enjoyed the ending for what it was. For a one-off series it is pretty fantastic.

McBurnie is a local academy prospect, looks decent but needs to hit the weights sharpish

Apparently Angelo Balanta also looking a bit dog in pre season

Sigh

John Fleck is our ticking fat bomb which needs to have a handler during the summer months to keep an eye on him. He's one of those players you know will balloon after they retire.

Lightning

Banned
I think Debuchy will surprise many alongside Gibbs, Mertesacker and Koscielny. Very solid defence.

Playing alongside the Arsenal defenders will improve him a lot from what Newcastle saw. I thought he was very solid in his French performances keeping Sagna on the bench during his last world cup.

Zabojnik

Yeah, Blu-Ray is fine. I really don't need a movie unless it was like 6 years in the making.

Even though it was 1 season I enjoyed the ending for what it was. For a one-off series it is pretty fantastic.

Ends almost perfectly, imo. You get closure, that's what it's all about. BLU-RAY NAO.

Slizz

Ends almost perfectly, imo. You get closure, that's what it's all about. BLU-RAY NAO.

Open-ended closure

image.php

Sanchez DONE, Debuchy DONE for #Arsenal - 1 huge 1st team signing still being worked & then it's squad additions #InArseneWeTrust #happy

Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 11m
I can't say who the huge 1 for #Arsenal is, but its not 1 being worked on, it's 1 that we'll sign #options #choices we're a #bigclub

Gibbs agent

Barzul

Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 18m
Sanchez DONE, Debuchy DONE for #Arsenal - 1 huge 1st team signing still being worked & then it's squad additions #InArseneWeTrust #happy

I can't say who the huge 1 for #Arsenal is, but its not 1 being worked on, it's 1 that we'll sign #options #choices we're a #bigclub

Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 2m
What is GREAT is that amongst the agents throughout the world #Arsenal is considered a winning club now & players listen to them

Wonder who it is. Got to be Khedira or Schneiderlin. Good to know that Arsenal mindshare is improving among players. We have money now, finally won something and have world cup winners in the squad. It really is looking up. Wish Sagna had stayed.

wedward

Gibbs agent

While I don't doubt what he is saying, that guy is a huge bullshitter. Got everything wrong last summer.

Cavani doe.

Kevin Kyle is working as a ship cleaner: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-10k-a-week-scotland-rangers-star-3871174

Screen-Shot-2014-07-16-at-222049.png

Sources say he’s a “good lad” who works hard and is popular with his workmates. And when the Record asked dad-of-three Kevin about his new job, he said: “I’m trying to provide for my family.

“I have to work at some point to put food on the table.”

Kevin won 10 caps for Scotland, scoring once, and also starred for Sunderland, Rangers, Hearts, Coventry and Kilmarnock.

But like many other footballers who hit the big time in their youth, he fell victim to a gambling addiction.

He has admitted blowing £7000 a week on bets when his problem was at its worst.

And in his later years in the game, he gave up his time to warn young players about the dangers of spending too much time in the bookies.

3sixty warning tale.

Ultimatum

Banned
Wonder who it is. Got to be Khedira or Schneiderlin. Good to know that Arsenal mindshare is improving among players. We have money now, finally won something and have world cup winners in the squad. It really is looking up. Wish Sagna had stayed.

balotelli confirmed

Lightning

Banned
idk, just the feeling I get from those tweets.

We will see.
All I reckon we'll see from this point is a midfielder come in, back up goal keeper and that guy from Atletico on loan.

Would be very surprised if there are any others, Squad is too large for attacking options. Best signing is still that fitness coach. That's brilliant.

Sterling is the most promising youth I have seen.

Woah, calm down :p

Needs to improve his finishing which will come with time, and aerial crossing accuracy/power. Floats it onto the centrebacks head too often, but that will hopefully be remedied by Rodger's tactics which don't rely at all on having an aerial presence in attack in open play, and don't rely on Sterling just staying on the wing and peppering the box with crosses.

Like, I watch Chamberlain play and I get the feeling that he's determined to force the ball into the goal at some point in the move. Don't get that feeling woth Sterling yet, could just be an aesthetic thing though as he seems to stroke the ball around trying to do things perfectly while Ox is always playing at 100mph which combines with his ability to keep pace while outsrengthening players and makes him look unstoppable sometimes.

Think Sterling is too small to ever develop such strength to do that without dropping a step, but he is hugely strong for his frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom