• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund isn't buying anything.
They finished everything with Ginter today.
So unless someone leaves, which isn't happening, rumors are bollocks.

Finally it's working and I can download.

But Reus :(

Anyone buying Cavani is doing it on pure faith that he can be as good as he was for Napoli, because he's been terrible the recent times I've seen him.

He'll cost too much to justify such faith imo

wedward

I'm having quite a bit of fun actually. Got 2 first team players in early, can get some games in before season starts.

Everything is going splendidly. Back up goalkeeper and a DM and the window can close for all it matters to me after that. I think we have a squad from that point which is good to go.

Did you see that Wenger quote about Jenks I posted?

Can't imagine we will bring in Manquillo. After hearing that the Corporal would probably be devastated to be sent out on loan and be replaced by a 20 year old.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cavani is better than Lewy and Costa, hell he's probably still the best out-and-out striker in the world, and you'll get so much more than just goals outta him.

Excluding Cristina and the tap-ins master of course.

And pls believe me, this is coming from a Cavani rape survivor

Elchele

Cavani is better than Lewy and Costa, hell he's probably still the best out-and-out striker in the world, and you'll get so much more than just goals outta him.

Excluding Cristina and the tap-ins master of course.

And pls believe me, this is coming from a Cavani rape survivor

Better than Lewa? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
You're as delusional as Juve's board.

I wouldn't have traded Mandzukic for Cavani. He's very one dimensional

Lightning

Banned
Did you see that Wenger quote about Jenks I posted?

Can't imagine we will bring in Manquillo. After hearing that the Corporal would probably be devastated to be sent out on loan and be replaced by a 20 year old.
Yep. I read it but am not fussed either way. My faith in the Corporal is minimal.

Meier

I doubt that's the fee and he's obviously talented but he's worth half that at most. and I don't know if Isco is better, but he's certainly already at the club and he deserves some playing time as well. Sure having both for cover after losing Di Maria would be nice, but not at that price, lol.

James cost well over half that when he moved to Monaco ($61m) and he's obviously increased in value significantly. The number they're quoting translates to about €80m which is of course the minimum he would cost. €85m is also being bandied about.

sohois

Why are people just assuming Cavani is available? Ibra is getting to the end of his career so I see no reason for PSG to actually sell him and it's not like they're bringing in another striker.

Besides teams might as well wait until next year and buy him once PSG are kicked out of the CL

I'm happy about getting Costa but as I said before too, I would take Cavani over any other striker that would realistically go to Chelsea, anyone judging him on Uruguay matches and a few matches in CL are crazy.

This is coming from both a Cavani rape victim, and someone who once upon a time cheered him on his adventures.

Shame he's so ugly

Why are people just assuming Cavani is available? Ibra is getting to the end of his career so I see no reason for PSG to actually sell him and it's not like they're bringing in another striker.

Besides teams might as well wait until next year and buy him once PSG are kicked out of the CL

Are people really assuming that? Everyone knows PSG won't let him go easily, but his agent and himself have been out making some noise in the last months.

Salvadora

If someone bid £100m, he would be sold.

Cavani is available for the right price.

sohois

I'm happy about getting Costa but as I said before too, I would take Cavani over any other striker that would realistically go to Chelsea, anyone judging him on Uruguay matches and a few matches in CL are crazy.

This is coming from both a Cavani rape victim, and someone who once upon a time cheered him on his adventures.

Shame he's so ugly

Are people really assuming that? Everyone knows PSG won't let him go easily, but his agent and himself have been out making some noise in the last months.

Not only do PSG have no incentive to sell him, but they can easily just stick him on the bench if he acts up. It's not like they need to care about money, or will worry about the effect on their joke of a league. It's not like Dortmund where they would conceivably sell someone like Hummels or Reus if the offer was absurd enough, PSG don't need to give 2 fucks

Salva said:
If someone bid £100m, he would be sold.

Cavani is available for the right price.

Im sure PSG are looking for a FFP patsy club to do just that, but I think Cavani would be against a move to Qatar

I agree with Wooden, Cavani could walk into almost any club in the world.

Chelsea with Cavani would scare me more than Chelsea with Costa, he'd be a special signing for Arsenal.

Shame it probably won't happen, I'd love to see him in the league.

Not only do PSG have no incentive to sell him, but they can easily just stick him on the bench if he acts up. It's not like they need to care about money, or will worry about the effect on their joke of a league. It's not like Dortmund where they would conceivably sell someone like Hummels or Reus if the offer was absurd enough, PSG don't need to give 2 fucks

Of course PSG can do what they want, but forcing a player to sit on the bench and such is not exactly good for them, in terms of getting future stars to their club lol. They don't have to sell, but Cavani and his agent has been out being bitchy in the press, it's not completely unthinkable that some clubs could get him with a high enough bid.

gun__1405608231_debuchy3.jpg

Zabojnik

Better than Lewa? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
You're as delusional as Juve's board.

I wouldn't have traded Mandzukic for Cavani. He's very one dimensional

Lewa better than Cavani? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

One dimensional, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!!!!

Am I doing this right? Either way, Cavani AT HIS BEST is most definitely a better striker/player than fucking Lewandowski.

inky

James cost well over half that when he moved to Monaco ($61m) and he's obviously increased in value significantly. The number they're quoting translates to about €80m which is of course the minimum he would cost. €85m is also being bandied about.

My fault as I didn't realize the source was in $ not €. I know what Monaco spent on him, but they like overpaying and Madrid is always going to have to overpay as well for someone they want that much.

GQman2121

Banned
Yes, I would take Cavani as a forward or winger. Whatever. He's the type of player that is a rarity right now at the top level.

In fact, I'll go out and say he's as good as Suarez and twice as ugly.

The Hamaes numbers being thrown around today make no fucking sense. £60m? What? Shitty AS reporting. There's no way he's sold to the Forbes wealthiest sports club for less than what Suarez just went for. Zero.

And what's this about Lukaku changing his profile on Instagram to include Chelsea? Last night he was linked with a move to Germany. No one knows shit.

deroli

I'm loving the bayern fans' reaction after Kroos' transfer was announced.

"he has lost my sympathy"

"he was always dislikable"

"I'm glad he's gone"

"meh we won the CL final without him"

"I never thought of him as a true Bayern player"

Day in day out they were hyping him, telling everyone how underrated Kroos is. Now that he left for a bigger club, he's just a despicable guy.

Delicious.

Playing down the loss of one of your most important players... well, at the end of the day Bayern fans are just like supporters of any other club :)

James wasn´t valued at $61M when he went to Monaco. They only paid that for him because Porto sold him on a package with Moutinho so they could up James´s price and lower Moutinho´s because Sporting had to receive a fraction of Moutinho´s transfer.

Yes, I would take Cavani as a forward or winger. Whatever. He's the type of player that a rarity right now at the top level.

The Hamaes numbers being thrown around today make no fucking sense. £60m? What? Shitty AS reporting. There's no way he's sold to the Forbes wealthiest sports club for less than what Suarez just went for. Zero.

And what's this about Lukaku changing his profile on Instagram to include Chelsea? Last night he was linked with a move to Germany. No one knows shit.

He wants to leave PSG exactly cause he doesn't like the wing. He's not coming to Chelsea, but if lets just say he did for fun, it would be Costa out there on the wing I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes, I would take Cavani as a forward or winger. Whatever. He's the type of player that a rarity right now at the top level.

Suarez is quite different, but goalscoring ability wise, Cavani is prob more consistent and shines in big games

Lightning

Banned
I would love Cavani at Arsenal. It's just impossible, we would have needed to poor all the Sanchez money into that deal and sell Giroud for more money to make a deal happen.

It's impossible now, we can't afford him this summer anymore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I would love Cavani at Arsenal. It's just impossible, we would have needed to poor all the Sanchez money into that deal and sell Giroud for more money to make a deal happen.

It's impossible now, we can't afford him this summer anymore.
Sanchsex will deliver anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom