• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

While I love Corporal Jenkinson, Arsenal has to be a meritocracy.

Think Manquillo on loan and Jenkinson off to Neuchâtel or somewhere like that would make sense. He needs minutes and isn't getting them here.

We can make a decision about his future next season.
Christ, Ozil is ugly

Christ, Sanchez's hair is shit

Christ, Debuchy looks awkward

Christ, that's a good team
odd morsel, add William and Carbo to the Arsenal supporters section please.

Such a bundesface. Cavani is anything but one dimensional.
I don't think I've ever seen a truer statement on GAF.

It's clear that anyone who makes a claim like that has literally never seen even one match he played for Napoli. Not one. On top of being great at headers, tap ins, and long balls, he also has excellent pace, incredible strength, and is easily the best defending forward in the world.

Anyone who doesn't want him on their team is either incredibly ignorant or incurably delusional.

Wilbur

Banned
Cavani is better than Lewandowski. And Falcao. And Costa.

I would say Cavani is a top five striker (the others are top ten pls don't fear):

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
RVP
Cavani

I would love Cavani at Arsenal. It's just impossible, we would have needed to poor all the Sanchez money into that deal and sell Giroud for more money to make a deal happen.

It's impossible now, we can't afford him this summer anymore.

Not true Arsenal had some of the highest cash reserves before the new kit and TV money deals we can definitely afford him whether we will spend that big again is another matter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Flabberghastly is a Napoli fan btw so there you go

It's clear that anyone who makes a claim like that has literally never seen even one match he played for Napoli. Not one. On top of being great at headers, tap ins, and long balls, he also has excellent pace, incredible strength, and is easily the best defending forward in the world.

Anyone who doesn't want him on their team is either incredibly ignorant or incurably delusional.

1610766_10152364514627713_26868036782422280_n.jpg

ibzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Barzul

I would love Cavani at Arsenal. It's just impossible, we would have needed to poor all the Sanchez money into that deal and sell Giroud for more money to make a deal happen.

It's impossible now, we can't afford him this summer anymore.

Honestly as the window drags on, I think he can be gotten on a bargain i.e around 35 million pounds. PSG have to sell this summer if they sign Di Maria. They have to sell big. Or else they face being barred from the CL next season.

Wilbur

Banned
Incurably delusional :lol

Fuck I forgot about Ibra. Maybe he's there and RVP/Cavani are below (or if you don't count Ronaldo as a striker) (I do)

inky

Cavani is better than Lewandowski. And Falcao. And Costa.

I would say Cavani is a top five striker (the others are top ten pls don't fear):

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
RVP
Cavani

Swap RVP with Ibra and I agree.

I like Cavani a lot. Definitely top 5 for me as well.

wedward

Not true Arsenal had some of the highest cash reserves before the new kit and TV money deals we can definitely afford him whether we will spend that big again is another matter.

Some of those cash reserves are going towards upgrading Colney.

I don't think they want to dip into them too much.

Honestly as the window drags on, I think he can be gotten on a bargain i.e around 35 million pounds. PSG have to sell this summer if they sign Di Maria. They have to sell big. Or else they face being barred from the CL next season.

If Cavani goes to another oil club for 35mil... Then I think we can get more people onto Arnie's conspiracy theory.

Fuck Napoli though, he looked better in the pink shirt.

odd morsel, add William and Carbo to the Arsenal supporters section please.

Mate we've spoken about this. My Dad and his family going back years are all Arsenal fans, he tried to raise me as one but I stayed true.

I'll always be rooting for Arsenal to do well though, just not when you play us haha.

Salvadora

Mate we've spoken about this. My Dad and his family going back years are all Arsenal fans, he tried to raise me as one but I stayed true.

I'll always be rooting for Arsenal to do well though, just not when you play us haha.
We are just after giving you £12,000,000

is that not enough

is that

is

wedward

He's off at the end of the season thankfully.

As much as I love him, it's insane that we have a player on the books that hasn't been fit in eons.

Watch him stay fit, have an ok season, get an extension and then tear his acl the day after he signs.

Just watch.

Meier

James wasn´t valued at $61M when he went to Monaco. They only paid that for him because Porto sold him on a package with Moutinho so they could up James´s price and lower Moutinho´s because Sporting had to receive a fraction of Moutinho´s transfer.

James' release clause was €45m ($61m). Sporting fans like to tell themselves the figure that Monaco paid for him inflated and Moutinho's value was decreased in kind so that they can be annoyed at Porto, but the reality is of course that Porto would not have sold James for a penny less than that if he weren't "bundled" with Moutinho.

GQman2121

Banned
He wants to leave PSG exactly cause he doesn't like the wing. He's not coming to Chelsea, but if lets just say he did for fun, it would be Costa out there on the wing I think.

Basically, they would find a way to make it work. If he's available then clubs should to their due diligence and see what it would take. As you mentioned, his agent has been running his mouth.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love how all the speculation about our signings has died down

No infact i dont like

Not

One

Bit

omgkitty

He's off at the end of the season thankfully.

As much as I love him, it's insane that we have a player on the books that hasn't been fit in eons.

Imagine if Diaby pulled a Ramsey this season and stayed fit and was banging them in every week? It's sad because Diaby when fit is actually a damn good player.

Salvadora

Imagine if Diaby pulled a Ramsey this season and stayed fit and was banging them in every week? It's sad because Diaby when fit is actually a damn good player.
He has that Yaya quality of being able to run through a midfield like it isn't there and at a canter.

jtb

Banned
the likelihood of Diaby having an injury free season ever again and PSG getting banned from the CL next season are exactly the same: zero.

Meier

Cristian Rodriguez has had an interesting career. Played at quite a few big clubs, has a ton of caps, but has never really been considered a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom