• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
BsxSwyTCUAA7YW8.jpg:large

i hate you,

56% ;(

Who are United's central defenders anyway, now that Vidic and Rio have both gone? Evans, Smalling, and Jones? Is that it? Are they hoping to bring anyone else in, other than Vermaelen? Was a bit too busy last season to pay attention to anything but Arsenal matters.

Salvadora

Emirates Cup is going to be boss this year with Debuchy and Sanchez both making their debut.

Could see Ospina too if we wrap that up in time.

Zabojnik

Is he controlling it with his mind?

Congrats on the nickname, btw.

Conte's last picture at Vinovo

BswM9PxCMAEIZa0.jpg:large

and possibly ever with Juve. Fuck us and fuck Marotta and fuck the ungrateful fans and fuck me and fuck everyone and everything

Are we still pretending that Conte's lack of motivation or whatever it was didn't play a huge part in his decision? He wanted to leave in May. They tried to convince him to stay and knowing Marotta the most that they promised him is that they won't sell Vidal and/or Pogba, unless they ask for it. Everything else was on "we'll try" basis. I mean, it's nice to want things. We all want them. At Juve, you you're not likely to get them. Conte knew this. If Conte managed to live with it for three years, he could've lived with it for another season. Or at least resigned at the end of the season. Let's not pretend his exit is immaculate, as far as timing & respect to the club that made him big (and vice-versa, of course) & the fans that fucking adored him is concerned.
Yeah, I'm still angry at everybody.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats on the nickname, btw.

Are we still pretending that Conte's lack of motivation or whatever it was didn't play a huge part in his decision? He wanted to leave in May. They tried to convince him to stay and knowing Marotta the most that they promised him is that they won't sell Vidal and/or Pogba, unless they ask for it. Everything else was on "we'll try" basis. I mean, it's nice to want things. We all want them. At Juve, you you're not likely to get them. Conte knew this. If we managed to live with it for three years, he could've lived with it for another season. Or at least resigned at the end of the season. Let's not pretend his exit is immaculate, as far as timing & respect to the club that made him big (and vice-versa, of course) & the fans that fucking adored him is concerned.
Yeah, I'm still angry at everybody.

Hahaha Zabo <3

maybe who knows? My theory is that our mercato 'demotivated' him or something. We'll never know anyway.

he should've stayed, yes :( but now we have Allegri and we have to su--*shots himself in the head*

Clegg

define talks?

just a reminder that Marotta is our DG, not some transfer guru in the club.
I'm saying that he hasn't been wrong before so I don't see any reason to doubt his word. He's not a bullshitter. But he's only as good as his source so if that person has it wrong then he does too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm saying that he hasn't been wrong before so I don't see any reason to doubt his word. He's not a bullshitter. But he's only as good as his source so if that person has it wrong then he does too.

Marotta is our director general. The big cheese, our Dr.Cox.

he opened his mouth and said that we never sat with United for talks. How is that not enough?

maybe there's still time for table-talk, who knows? But as of right now, it never happened.

Who are United's central defenders anyway, now that Vidic and Rio have both gone? Evans, Smalling, and Jones? Is that it? Are they hoping to bring anyone else in, other than Vermaelen? Was a bit too busy last season to pay attention to anything but Arsenal matters.

Evans, Jones, Smalling. Michael Keane young one.

We have been linked to Vermaelen. Some outside rumors on Hummes (but Hummels won't happen).

Only LVG knows now.

Passenger plane shot down over Ukraine
Israel invades Gaza
Whitehouse on lockdown
Arsenal sign Debuchy

what a day

Are they actually invading or just more bonbing?

Clegg

Marotta is our director general. The big cheese, our Dr.Cox.

he opened his mouth and said that we never sat with United for talks. How is that not enough?

maybe there's still time for table-talk, who knows? But as of right now, it never happened.
I'm not saying that its not enough. What I'm getting at is that the guy who said that United had talks with Juve is usually on the ball with this sort of thing so I don't think he was lying when he said it. Whether he was lied to is a different story. But he has pretty good contacts afaik.

Herr K

Banned
Juve bros, I'd like to remind you that Allegri also said both Thiago Silva and Zlatan would remain in the club. We all know how that ended.

You club also has a shit management.

Herr K out.

wedward

Mathieu debuchy &#8207;@MatDebuchy 36m
I am glad to join @Arsenal. It is a new challenge and i really look forward to playing with my new team thank you for all your messages

We get Morgan in and we are the best looking team in the world.

Giroud, Debuchy, Ramsey, Morgan, Sanchez. Oof

I'm not saying that its not enough. What I'm getting at is that the guy who said that United had talks with Juve is usually on the ball with this sort of thing so I don't think he was lying when he said it. Whether he was lied to is a different story. But he has pretty good contacts afaik.

Time to move on from Vidal

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Everything other than the final third, we are currently in a very bad position

This is a little more than worrying.

Already have mate. I didn't think there was much chance of getting him. Conte getting sacked racked up the Muppet levels a few notched tho.

I am with you on hope after Conte resigned. Looked like that had the opposite effect though. Management moved quickly to say Vidal isn't being sold and even saying there have been no talks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve bros, I'd like to remind you that Allegri also said both Thiago Silva and Zlatan would remain in the club. We all know how that ended.

You club also has a shit management.

Herr K out.

Hahah but Galliani's and Berlu's lies are well documented. This is completely different.

the transfer window is still open and anything can happen obviously, and Conte going is a game changer. This will either really help us keep them for one more season as damage control (the fans are BEYOND pissed, they stopped our bus last night or something) or....yeah, Allegri is a yes-man and he won't say no to our president

jesalr

QPR agree fee for Caulker.

Kinda wanted him to come back, especially if we're entertaining bids for Dawson, and Vertonghen could possibly go to Barca.

Jarnet87

the plan is to bring one or two CBs in, though how high profile differs in each report. I remember towards the end of Moyes run there was talk of bringing in Alex (former Chelsea man). Under van Gaal it's been all over, from Martins Indi, De Vrj, Vermaelen, Hummels. There is belief that what we have is quality and if they could ever get games together and stay healthy then we could build a nice partnership with Evans and Jones the starters, Smalling to rotate. That is unlikely to happen with Evans and Smalling always picking up knocks and Jones throwing his body around like a rag doll.

I genuinely feared the end of days. I just woke up to a burst of thunder that lasted a minute and I thought it was a nuke from the North, until I realised I should be dead if it was.

Pointing out United's dearth of defenders is making me realize that Arsenal only have three now, with one being Vermaelen, and that I haven't seen us linked to a single one so far this summer. I loved Vermaelen, but I guess he's lost all of his and the manager's confidence; I'm pretty sure Sagna played more at CB last season than Vermaelen did. Miquel was close to the first team at one point but I haven't even heard his name in so long I don't know if he still plays for Arsenal. The manager obviously has no confidence in him making the step up even if he is still with us. So we've lost our only competent back up at central defense.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pointing out United's dearth of defenders is making me realize that Arsenal only have three now, with one being Vermaelen, and that I haven't seen us linked to a single one so far this summer. I loved Vermaelen, but I guess he's lost all of his and the manager's confidence; I'm pretty sure Sagna played more at CB last season than Vermaelen did. Miquel was close to the first team at one point but I haven't even heard his name in so long I don't know if he still plays for Arsenal. The manager obviously has no confidence in him making the step up even if he is still with us. So we've lost our only competent back up at central defense.

Real Madrid and Barca do fine without defences

Liverpool did fine without a defence

The world cup taught us you dont need a defence

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
QPR agree fee for Caulker.

Kinda wanted him to come back, especially if we're entertaining bids for Dawson, and Vertonghen could possibly go to Barca.

Vertonghen is pretty much confirmed as staying, we're offering him a new contract and Barca won't be able to afford him anyway. With 4 years on his current contract he would cost £30m. They already balked at paying less than that for their other targets.

I think Barca will get someone like Agger, someone clearly waiting for a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom