• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

It's trolling because he's implying that the only thing that Arsenal have over Liverpool is the city where they play. How are you not getting this?
Why could that not be the only reason Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool and is simply a statement of fact..? It's very reasonable.

And by the way, the reason I posted it was not questioning the validity of what Rodgers said. It was simply because he was commenting on Sanchez and I find that interesting.

Barzul

Wenger can point and say look at the players I've developed. Fabregas, Viera, Henry, RVP etc. What does Rodgers have? Raheem Sterling? Yeah no doubt London was a big factor but I won't pretend like it was the only one. It was the chance to play with Wenger, Ozil and in London vs Rodgers, No Suarez and in Liverpool. And in a team that has been way more consistent in the last 5 years. But enough of this. We got our man, that's what matters.

Barzul

Why will he be easier to get?

We actually want to keep him, whilst madrid couldn't give 2 fucks about SammyK

He's never played CL. We'd a be a significant upgrade, we'd probably pay him more. Unless you want a player who doesn't really want to be there. Besides, you sold Shaw and Lallana. I'm sure if we pay a respectable amount, a deal can be done.

Farhat Raza ‏@farhat8 4s
@theowalcott Hey Theo can you stop tweeting cos Arsenal-GAF are shitting up the thread whenever you say anything cos youre a #bigclub

Salvadora

I'm a bit hesitant to even muppet over Schneiderlin given that there are no reliable sources linking him to Arsenal.

Maybe he took that Southampton's fan's advice on the beach in Rio.
Farhat Raza ‏@farhat8 4s
@theowalcott Hey Theo can you stop tweeting cos Arsenal-GAF are shitting up the thread whenever you say anything cos youre a #bigclub
Wish you would go back to the way you were before.

Much better poster back then.

wedward

It won't happen. There's not even one concrete link to him. Just fan muppetery

Akh ‏@RilwanLucas 3h
@DeanLDN22 wat position is the quality signing in

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 1h
@RilwanLucas Schneiderlin if we can convince Southampton to sell. Top player imo.

Just order your jersey now.

I'm so jealous of all those Nike kits. Adidas made a total hash of our home, away and third kits this year. Just an absolute disaster.

I would take Adidas over Puma.

Nike are on another level though...suddenly. They've gone back to basics it seems, what with the retro World Cup shirts/crests and the minimalist designs for 14/15.

Arnie

I wonder if ShogunDarius wanked himself to death over the latest Liverpool transfer gossip?
It's only the Mirror.

Reputable sources are just talking about the Remy and Davies stuff.

I'd be fairly content with both but I would wank myself into oblivion over either.

Not in this heat.

omgkitty

the reason why Jenkinson is staying is because he is damn good. I would not assume Debuchy will be first choice. I think it'll be very even this first season, like Monreal and Gibbs.

Jenkinson was most likely going on loan because Wenger wanted him to play week in week out. Manquillo would be backup and only play a handful of games and if he was on loan, it's not our player to waste. Since we couldn't get a buy clause in for Manquillo, we've walked away and we'll stick with Jenkinson as the backup. He will not be the starter.

Clegg

It's only the Mirror.

Reputable sources are just talking about the Remy and Davies stuff.

I'd be fairly content with both but I would wank myself into oblivion over either.

Not in this heat.
Tony Barrett says you've yet to spend any if the Suarez fee. Could see a decent squad developing if all of it is spent.

L1NETT

I watch Lyon once in a blue moon but that Gonalons bloke looked decent enough

He's also French

Seems like Wenger bread and butter

What's the latest Liverpool transfer talk I should be excited about then?

Davies and Remy would be tidy little signings

Davies especially

Nothing woop-worthy though

We were linked 2 seasons ago. Nothing came of it.

Gotcha

Probably will cost a lot if he's their skipper

jtb

Banned
Jenkinson was most likely going on loan because Wenger wanted him to play week in week out. Manquillo would be backup and only play a handful of games and if he was on loan, it's not our player to waste. Since we couldn't get a buy clause in for Manquillo, we've walked away and we'll stick with Jenkinson as the backup. He will not be the starter.

Jenkinson will win the job in pre-season, keep the trophies coming with an Emirates Cup/Community Shield double, play 50 games this season, and never look back.

Arnie

Tony Barrett says you've yet to spend any if the Suarez fee. Could see a decent squad developing if all of it is spent.
Aye but unless it's spent correctly it's all a bit of a red herring.

Like, Remy and Origi and Lovren are all players to spend the money on but I'm not massively excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom