• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

iirc LVG has only done 1 training session.

There was a double session yesterday and one of the other LVG guys took the first and he took the second.

Today was a day off for the players before the trip. Except perhaps Anderson who was pictured driving in, probably for a move.

Clegg

Yeah. It was a bit odd that he spoke about Carrick the way he did in response to that question actually. Like he just ignored Rooneh and said yeah Carricks out for 3 months.

Oh well.
I'm guessing that he saw Carrick as an important part of the team. In that presentation you linked to earlier LvG talked about the triangle in midfield giving the best balance with the point of that triangle pointing towards your own defence. Basically a deep lying conductor is extremely important for him. Carrick's the only player we have who can do that job. Unless we bring someone new in ofc.

Currently waiting for my package from Amazon Japan (bought the Persona Q OST) but my god, why do they have to use DHL to ship from Japan to the US (specifically California)?

I've had nothing but trouble from the morons at DHL and yet Amazon Japan continues to use them. If only their competency in Europe actually translated well here in the US, then maybe I'd be okay with them.

Scum

I needed a new one anyway, I think.

SgYahwF.png

I think he's done 3.

Apparently they were scared. Most of the guys get back tmrw so he will be able to fully appreciate just how shit most of them are.

They were scared to make eye contact. The way it should be :p

YES RA'S!
That's why I'd love to have him at Spurs. Light a fire under the bunch of soppy cunts we have.

Clegg

The team flies out tomorrow iirc. Today was a rest day for the players and a chance for them to say goodbye to their families. And a chance for LvG to talk face to face to Woowar about how he wants to shape the team

Arnie

On 8% on the the destiny install, painful wait
I'm not really sure why everyone's suddenly so excited about it.

The Alpha was okay, I suppose. Merely that, though. Nout earth shattering.

This isn't like the Modern Warfare beta or the Halo 3 beta. In fact from a competitive multiplayer standpoint this game is well behind those two.

I'm guessing that he saw Carrick as an important part of the team. In that presentation you linked to earlier LvG talked about the triangle in midfield giving the best balance with the point of that triangle pointing towards your own defence. Basically a deep lying conductor is extremely important for him. Carrick's the only player we have who can do that job. Unless we bring someone new in ofc.
Yeah he was pretty poop last season but one of the few midfielders we have who had a chance of being useful I think.

I very much hope the 3 weeks to assess players stuff was just a throwaway comment. The season starts in 4 weeks.

mil6es

This isn't like the Modern Warfare beta or the Halo 3 beta. In fact from a competitive multiplayer standpoint this game is well behind those two.

I didn't get to play the Alpha so this is going to be my first taste of the game so really I'm going in with a fresh slate

L1NETT

Don't think the PvP is the selling point for most, at least I hope not. Doesn't look that exciting

Think the idea of an actually interesting to play Borderlands with a dash of Guild Wars + Halo and great production values does sound very enticing

Clegg

Yeah he was pretty poop last season but one of the few midfielders we have who had a chance of being useful I think.

I very much hope the 3 weeks to assess players stuff was just a throwaway comment. The season starts in 4 weeks.
And you don't want Woowar attempting to make deals with only a few weeks left of the transfer window. Would lead to more tears. He must have an idea of who he wants to bring in. United's weaknesses are very well known at this stage.

scently

And you don't want Woowar attempting to make deals with only a few weeks left of the transfer window. Would lead to more tears. He must have an idea of who he wants to bring in. United's weaknesses are very well known at this stage.

This is why I earlier asked where we are planning to deploy Vidal if we were really in for him. What I think we need is a deep lying playmaker/pivot in the same way that Carrick does for us or a purely Defensive mid. I guess this is why Strootman is his perfect midfield player, as he seem able to combine both attribute rather well, and more besides.

This is why I earlier asked where we are planning to deploy Vidal if we were really in for him. What I think we need is a deep lying playmaker/pivot in the same way that Carrick does for us or a purely Defensive mid. I guess this is why Strootman is his perfect midfield player, as he seem able to combine both attribute rather well, and more besides.

Please buy Verratti. Save him from France.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm new to this team/league, but how would you rate this signing?

A short term signing. He is 28 years old if I remember correctly. Not the world class long term player i wanted
De Sciglio
, but someone who will do a dependable job until one of our younsters mature or we sign someone in a few years.

Salvadora

Debuchy is probably the best we could have done given the circumstances.

He will do the job, no more, no less.

I'm not thrilled about it but we can now focus on other areas of weakness in the squad.

Godslay

Banned
A short term signing. He is 28 years old if I remember correctly. Not the world class long term player i wanted
De Sciglio
, but someone who will do a dependable job until one of our younsters mature or we sign someone in a few years.

So basically a veteran to hold the position down until someone better comes along. That's good. Always need guys like this regardless of the sport it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom