• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
our kits are good this season, but don't buy them, don't give us any money.

BsxJ7GqIIAAZE3O.png

DP Thea?

I was trying to defend Wenger -_-

PA-175789.jpg

rvy

Banned
Roma, yes. Do it, Totti. Wonderful drama queen.

Italian players always celebrate by removing their shorts. Weird people.

wedward

yup. Khedira is Song/Jack 2.0

I think most of us are in agreement that we would prefer Bender or Schneiderlin over Khedira, aside from Lightning and Shanks who appear to be more concerned with getting a supposed "world class" player rather than someone we need.

I don't think Bender is for sale or wants to leave.

Peco

Our inability to give him a squad that could compete on the highest level in CL is probably what ultimately did it, but it didn't all happen in these past few days, it was a long time coming. He could've chosen the club, the team and the fans and decided to stick with us for another year, out of some sense of gratitude if nothing else. That's not Conte though. Ambition is what drives and fuels his passion for a project, which is why I kept telling everyone that he'll never be our Ferguson, much as we all hoped he'd be. He'd give it all, win it all (within the team's limits) and leave for another grand adventure as soon as the opportunity presented itself. It didn't in May, when he hoped it would, and so he reluctlantly let himself be convinced by Agnelli & Marry, half-believing that maybe, just maybe they'd actually manage to bring in a couple of top(ish) players a la Suarez and Cuadrado. As soon as it became obvious that our mercato wouldn't be any different than the mercatos of the past three summers (*hint* or maybe as soon as Prandelli stepped down? *hint*) he changed his mind again and decided to call it quits.

He pulled a Conte, if you would. He put himself above everyone else, not for the first time. His massive ego is a double-edged sword, it always has been. He'll make everyone beside him give 130% for as long as it's needed. He's an amazing leader and he'll always defend his players to the very end, even if it means going against the club (remember the Matri and Giaccherini conference?). Which is why everyone adores him (or fucking hates him, I guess). He'll eat and breathe and channel the club's very essence for as long as he feels the mission - his mission - has been completed, which is why I have no doubt that he'll go down in history as one of the greats. Once the mission has been completed though, then it's Conte-time again.

I don't blame him for being who he is. In fact, I love him for it. But he really, REALLY should't have waited this long to come to the decision to leave. He may have costed us a whole season, maybe more than that. We'll see. Regardless of what was and wasn't promised to him, that's not how you do it.

I have no idea why Juve act like cheap assholes all the time. I just don't get it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That is nice. I'll just give you my money for it so you can buy your gf a nice TV dinner. Juve doesn't deserve the pennies.

You take the front, I'll be wearing a strap-on so I can dp her solo.
YESSSSS thank you!

our idea of dinner lately is ordering food and eating it on my bed while watching TV shows

we pause a lot though

sohois

Tony Barrett reporting that Liverpool have switched interest to Remy from Bony since he represents better value for money.

I'm a much bigger fan of Remy than Bony so that seems a lot better to me.

I think most of us are in agreement that we would prefer Bender or Schneiderlin over Khedira, aside from Lightning and Shanks who appear to be more concerned with getting a supposed "world class" player rather than someone we need.

We do need Khedira. if Wenger is such a great coach and tactician then he should be able to get the best out of him.

best kit ever!

and LvG's comments "In my career I have never found an opponent so superior to us. I've never seen a team so strong."

Forza Louis van Gallah, guess you're alright after all. Take Vidal

IT BOGGLES THE MIND.

It really is incredible that they let Ferrari pay Kimi $50 million not to race for them, but then wont spend money any money on top signings.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
These fucking Riddler trophies. Arkham City has too much content.

I just gave up halfway though it, it's too much bullshit for a city so unappealing to look at. And this is coming from a guy who 100%'d Arkham Asylum

Salvadora

Oxlade-Chamberlain does not need a loan.

He was seriously injured for the first half of the season and will get lots of minutes on the pitch as we compete in four competitions.

I read that this year the coach was using him more of a box to box and it did not work. That is not his fault. His job would be to sit back there and shield the back four for us. it was the job Song was meant to do, but he always thought he was a striker and would wind up in the box.

it is why Bender is a better option than Sami who gets forward more.

Bender was playing as a B2B midfielder when I first saw him a couple years back. Doubt he was told to sit on a regular basis with Rolfes in the side.

In any case, Schneiderlin has objectively been the best at winning back the ball in the league in the past two seasons, and balances pressing high with dropping deep really well. Bender struggling for consistency (even by his own admission) in the Bundesliga, then coming to transform our midfield in a position he doesn't seem to play regularly seems like wishful thinking to me.

Tony Barrett reporting that Liverpool have switched interest to Remy from Bony since he represents better value for money.

I'm a much bigger fan of Remy than Bony so that seems a lot better to me.

Bony is the better overall footballer, but Remy can play out wide as well as up top, so may be the better option.

Liverpool should probably be aiming higher than both though, at least for now.

rvy

Banned
Don't listen to Timurd.

No, I said people. Human beings.

I'm expecting it to be worse in Arkham Knight. Gotta make the next one bigger, innit.
iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

iBKjbtCGofnFt.png

I just gave up halfway though it, it's too much bullshit for a city so unappealing to look at. And this is coming from a guy who 100%'d Arkham Asylum
Problem isn't the city, but I don't feel like going around waiting for interrogation guys to spawn.

Xlz1iA4.png

Suen

So the stereo bluetooth headset I bought has aptX support and iPhone 5 apparently doesn't support it (fuck off Apple). Will this make a huge difference in sound quality? Otherwise I'm returning it. Pls help me footy gaf sound experts :/

Carbonox

no Sara, no deal. Bring back the one and only Canary

She looks like she's struggling to hold in her dribble all the time when she talks. Not sure why people think she's uber hot. As if you try and kiss her and she just spews everywhere cos she can't fit everything in her mouth.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We've signed Morata

vomit in my mouth

and I'm gonna keep it inside until my whole jaw melts from the acids

Carbonox

Rambo on ITV4 will sort me out until the Destiny Beta finishes downloading.

Michael Pitt BMW advert came on again.

Insta-boner.

pls.

Gambit

She looks like she's struggling to hold in her dribble all the time when she talks. Not sure why people think she's uber hot. As if you try and kiss her and she just spews everywhere cos she can't fit everything in her mouth.

you don't like dogs licking your face?

wedward

We don't need a world class box to box world cup and champions league winning midfielder who is good defensively?????

No. We don't need another box to box midfielder. We need a midfielder who is very good defensively.

Big Sami is not that guy.

He might have the medal, but he hardly contributed to the CL.

Scum

We don't need money or loans.

We won our last 2 games a combined 10-0.

We're winning the fucking league m9s

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Oxlade-Chamberlain does not need a loan.

He was seriously injured for the first half of the season and will get lots of minutes on the pitch as we compete in four competitions.

iTsEFQMEPjIEZ.png

We've signed Morata

vomit in my mouth

and I'm gonna keep it inside until my whole jaw melts from the acids

What's happened to Bacardi then?

L1NETT

Leicester closing in on Ulloa for 7m

hmmmmm

Could be decent. Pearson definitely taking his time with getting players in. Probably a wise move, look at Sunderland and Palace at the start last year for issues with bloated squads

Think Albrighton is a shrewd move, not sure on Upson.

omgkitty

Fuck it. Let's just buy Blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom