• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The thing I hate about silly season is you can't really talk shit. These signings are like armor for Arsenal fans, like it's protection from banter. They forget what happens when actual football is played. When the season starts and you're on the wrong side of another 6-0, things will go back to normal.

Salvadora

The thing I hate about silly season is you can't really talk shit. These signings are like armor for Arsenal fans, like it's protection from banter. They forget what happens when actual football is played. When the season starts and you're on the wrong side of another 6-0, things will go back to normal.
Who are you responding to?

pic1.jpg

:(

Considering the Adidas deal they just inked, Nike went the lazy route to spite them I think.

PS: DHL wasn't shit this time around and got my package to me safely but we'll see how next month goes when I get another Amazon Japan shipment...

Wilbur

Banned
Hahahahaha Emi I'm sorry that's absolutely dumb as shit logic

How were France arguably the second best side at the World Cup? Argentina, Costa Rica, Colombia and Holland all looked better.

Oh my. Debuchy's a solid signing. No more. No less.

And Salva please stop being so sensitive <3 just remind viva that you're eating a sandwich before 9 and he'll simmer down until we buy Vidal

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Great post Triglav

What I don't and will never get is preferring to spend 40 or 50 million on 2 or 3 good players over 1 genuinely world class. There's absolutely no excuse for that, and instead of paying three players 1.5-2m each we can pay him 6-7m. Is it risky? Of course, but it's not like buying 2-3 good players is working for us anyway. :(

Our 50 million transfer budget is decent, but we always end up burning it away on useless cunts

Quoting for the new page

You have to understand where Juventus come from as a club. Historically, we've never been a spending club. The Agnelli family, our owners, are one of the richest families in Italy (and elsewhere I suppose). But they also own Fiat, a hugely influential and politicized company that has seen its fair share of ups and downs (more downs than ups) over the past 100+ years of continued exsistence. The Agnellis, the recently(ish) departed Giovanni and Gianni especially, have always had this - for the lack of a better expression - aristocratic-progressive way about them. Yes, we're rich & powerful, but spending 50 billion lire on a football player, when hundreds of Fiat workers live in constant fear of getting sacked, just wouldn't do.
Besides, it's cheaper to just bribe the refs, amirite?
Okay, that may be romanticizing it a bit, but you get the gist of it. And so they've always financed Juve, always with moderation. The 90s saw a slight change of course. The Agnellis decided that they wanted Juve to become a proper self-sustaining club (or as close to anyway), since they had enough problems with Fiat. Enter "La Triade" - Moggi, Giraudo & Bettega. For a while there we were doing great, business was booming, Serie A was at the top.

Then the big recession of Italian football started. Then came Farsopoli, which was another huge blow both to our club and calcio in general. All the while the Abramovics and other ultrarich oilgarchs came out of the woodwork and started pouring money into football and there's no way a self-sustaining club of our mould could ever compete with that. As far as Juve's ownership goes, Gianni and Giovanni Agnelli, both true to God Juventini in love with their father's club, passed away, and the company went to the other brench of the family, the Elkanns. John Elkann doesn't give a shit about Juventus and would rather invest 400M€ in fucking cricket (true story) or F1 / Ferrari than spend a tenth of that on Juve. Lapo Elkann ... nevermind. Andrea Agnelli, our current president, is a Juventino through and through, but one without the wallet. Could Exor, the investment company controlled by the Agnelli family, blow 100M€ on Juve on a yearly basis? Easily. Will they? Absolutely not. And so here we are today. Going by on what we make in a decadent league, with next to no help from our owners.

It's easy (and fun!) to blame it all on poor Marry, but our problems reside much further above.

Considering the Adidas deal they just inked, Nike went the lazy route to spite them I think.

PS: DHL wasn't shit this time around and got my package to me safely but we'll see how next month goes when I get another Amazon Japan shipment...

It's in their best interest to make the best kit possible because the only way they will receive the money back is by selling as many shirts as they can.

They just came up with a shit design.

wedward

By the way, there is a fine line between "banter" and shitposting.

Most the time we are just posting about Arsenal. Sure, sometimes we take it a bit too far and really muppet out, but it's all in good fun and pretty harmless.

Arsenal fans in this thread rarely bring up other teams.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Serious question, where can I, or can I, get a on demand subscription to Premier League via the Web?

I do not have a cable TV service, only high speed internet.

Thanks ahead of time!

Salvadora

But Viva wasn't shitposting at all tbf. I find all the bantz to be funny anyway, no need to be a Debbie downer over it.
Mate, he didn't used to try and troll Arsenal GAF with Laboured 90% of the time before.

Just calling a spade a spade.

Didn't intend to derail the thread or anything, but thought it needed to be pointed out. Cus', in all honesty, it's not really working if it's completely transparent.

It's in their best interest to make the best kit possible because the only way they will receive the money back is by selling as many shirts as they can.

They just came up with a shit design.

Of course it is, as had they gone with this design instead:

manchester-united-2014-15-new-home-kit.jpg

then I think it would sell better. But alas, they came up with the 2-second photoshop logo and are stuck with it until Adidas designs a non-crap kit with the Chevy logo.

Wilbur

Banned
Serious question, where can I, or can I, get a on demand subscription to Premier League via the Web?

Thanks ahead of time!

are you American? Not sure if NBC let you sign up just online.

Mate, he didn't used to try and troll Arsenal GAF with Laboured 90% of the time before.

Didn't intend to derail the thread or anything, but thought it needed to be pointed out. Cus', in all honesty, it's not really working if it's completely transparent.

If it's not working why do you keep responding to it

Messi is a great player, but if he couldn't dribble or shoot he wouldn't be.

Take away messi's speed and he is still great. Take away his shooting and he is still great. Totti hasn't had speed for 10 years and is still great.

You just have to look at Michael Owen. A player whose speed was his biggest attribute and when that was gone he was finished.

Theo has no skill or technique. His passing and crossing are average and he got a lot of assists because of RVP finishing skills.

wedward

Laboured's trolling always comes off as Laboured trying to get a pat on the head and a "well done, son" from his dad(Viva)

Daddy Viva.

Laboured is definitely the sidekick.

Take away messi's speed and he is still great. Take away his shooting and he is still great. Totti hasn't had speed for 10 years and is still great.

You just have to look at Michael Owen. A player whose speed was his biggest attribute and when that was gone he was finished.

Theo has no skill or technique. His passing and crossing are average and he got a lot of assists because of RVP finishing skills.

His best season was 2012-2013. RVP wasn't at the club...

I don't see your point. He has speed. Who cares what kind of player he would be without it. He will probably be sold in a year anyway. I agree he is limited, but he is good at what he does and we need a player like that in our squad.

late night muppetry:

- Sunderland wants to buy Atletico's Cristian Rodríguez (why? he's not good at all).
- Jeremy Mathieu wants to leave Valencia and apparently asked the club to accept Barcelona's 15 million bid (Valencia is asking for 20 million).

Thanks ahead of time!

If you have an email address from your network provider, you should be able to sign in with that I think.

I have U-Verse (I'm in California) so if I want to stream anything, I just sign in with my mom's email and stream on any of the network services (ABC, ESPN, etc.).

Wilbur

Banned
I don't keep responding to it?

I addressed it there and rarely quote him when he's playing the role of Archbishop of Banterbury.

And I wasn't even referring to Viva with that post anyway!

Who else trolls with laboured?!

Laboured's trolling always comes off as Laboured trying to get a pat on the head and a "well done, son" from his dad(Viva)

Daddy Viva.

:lol

ATF487

Thanks ahead of time!

The premier league doesn't provide a streaming service, which is just another reason why it's inferior to MLS.

If you're American, you could stream every game if you had a TV subscription that included NBC Sports Nework. Or if you knew someone with a cable subscription, you could have them give you an email address from their account; I watch games via an email address from my dad's account since I also don't pay for cable TV at the moment.

I wouldn't say it's trolling tho if it's the truth.

wedward

I honestly like everyone in this thread.

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

Otherwise you guys are great.

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

Fuck yeah, I'm not in there.

Daddy Viva.

His best season was 2012-2013. RVP wasn't at the club...

I don't see your point. He has speed. Who cares what kind of player he would be without it. He will probably be sold in a year anyway. I agree he is limited, but he is good at what he does and we need a player like that in our squad.

Yes, he scored a lot of goals that season. But as a provider he was better with RVP because he knew to get to the line and cut it back into the box for RVP.
although I though know how many assists or key passes he got in either season

Yes he is a good squad player, but should only be used as a late sub to take advantage of tiring defences.

Abraxas

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel

Sewn on there twice lol.

Bundes-GAF, what happened to that greek CB at schalke? People loved he earlier in the season.

I expect Theo to start a lot this season. We've slowly developed into a team that can not only expertly exploit, but kind of needs his sort of pace to achieve its full potential.

Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom