• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

If Totti told me to bend over and pull down my underpants for a right good rodgering, I would do it with all my heart. He probably told Iturbe just that.

Well sorry for being positive about it. :/ He didn't really put a foot wrong this summer.

Don't worry about it. Debuchy was decent at the World Cup. Was a bit hit-and-miss the second half of last season but during the first half he showed legitimate class. The guy is hot and cold but a decent RB to have all the same. He'll do well for Arsenal I think. Playing for a better team will hopefully bring out the consistency more.

Salvadora

Don't worry about it. Debuchy was decent at the World Cup. Was a bit hit-and-miss the second half of last season but during the first half he showed legitimate class. The guy is hot and cold but a decent RB to have all the same. He'll do well for Arsenal I think. Playing for a better team will hopefully bring out the consistency more.
This is good logic.

pic1.jpg

:(

Show me your FM2014 team, Laboured.

#FuckUnited

SoiPfI8.png

It's going to be too easy, I probably can't even be bothered to finish the season

Darmian and Caulker was replacement for Ivan who got angry for whatever reason... but then I realized Madrid wanted to sell Varane too, so now I got too manyt CB's.... AAAAAARGH, time for 5 at the back. Managed to sell Torres and Mikel though, so got good money overall. and Cech just flat out accepted being a back up when I told him

EmiPrime

If Totti told me to bend over and pull down my underpants for a right good rodgering, I would do it with all my heart. He probably told Iturbe just that.

I won't, some people just want to be knobs about it. That's what I am hoping from him!

Well it's true. It's not good logic.

Sagna was our old right back, Debuchy has been keeping him out of the France starting XI for some time and he had a good tournament. Why shouldn't I be positive about him?

Displace Gnarby from what? The bench? Gnarby can't even displace Ox.

Theo's record is pretty good.

Aside from last year he played 43, 46, 38 games the past 3 seasons.

Gnabry is already a better winger in every single aspect than Theo except finishing, and Ox is an average winger. Theo might be the worst footballer
in relation to skill and all that jazz
on the team other than Mert.

Scum

#FuckUnited

SoiPfI8.png

It's going to be too easy, I probably can't even be bothered to finish the season

Darmian and Caulker was replacement for Ivan who got angry for whatever reason... but then I realized Madrid wanted to sell Varane too, so now I got too manyt CB's.... AAAAAARGH, time for 5 at the back. Managed to sell Torres and Mikel though, so got good money overall. and Cech just flat out accepted being a back up when I told him

Ramires tutoring?

ngDCi9a.png

Ah shit, time for work ;(

edit: yes he is Sal. Gnabry has the ability to beat players based on attributes other than speed. Theo can't do anything other than knock the ball forward and run

Ah shit, time for work ;(

edit: yes he is Sal. Gnabry has the ability to beat players based on attributes other than speed. Theo can't do anything other than knock the ball forward and run

No he really isn't. It's hard to say how badly the injury has affected Walcott, but if he finds his form, even when he hasn't been very consistent, he is a good bit better than anything Gnabry has shown so far.

Sagna was our old right back, Debuchy has been keeping him out of the France starting XI for some time and he had a good tournament. Why shouldn't I be positive about him?

I never said you shouldn't be positive over the signing. I like the signing actually. I'm just saying the logic used was poor.

Zabojnik

I have no idea why Juve act like cheap assholes all the time. I just don't get it.

You have to understand where Juventus come from as a club. Historically, we've never been a spending club. The Agnelli family, our owners, are one of the richest families in Italy (and elsewhere I suppose). But they also own Fiat, a hugely influential and politicized company that has seen its fair share of ups and downs (more downs than ups) over the past 100+ years of continued exsistence. The Agnellis, the recently(ish) departed Giovanni and Gianni especially, have always had this - for the lack of a better expression - aristocratic-progressive way about them. Yes, we're rich & powerful, but spending 50 billion lire on a football player, when hundreds of Fiat workers live in constant fear of getting sacked, just wouldn't do.
Besides, it's cheaper to just bribe the refs, amirite?
Okay, that may be romanticizing it a bit, but you get the gist of it. And so they've always financed Juve, always with moderation. The 90s saw a slight change of course. The Agnellis decided that they wanted Juve to become a proper self-sustaining club (or as close to anyway), since they had enough problems with Fiat. Enter "La Triade" - Moggi, Giraudo & Bettega. For a while there we were doing great, business was booming, Serie A was at the top.

Then the big recession of Italian football started. Then came Farsopoli, which was another huge blow both to our club and calcio in general. All the while the Abramovics and other ultrarich oilgarchs came out of the woodwork and started pouring money into football and there's no way a self-sustaining club of our mould could ever compete with that. As far as Juve's ownership goes, Gianni and Giovanni Agnelli, both true to God Juventini in love with their father's club, passed away, and the company went to the other brench of the family, the Elkanns. John Elkann doesn't give a shit about Juventus and would rather invest 400M€ in fucking cricket (true story) or F1 / Ferrari than spend a tenth of that on Juve. Lapo Elkann ... nevermind. Andrea Agnelli, our current president, is a Juventino through and through, but one without the wallet. Could Exor, the investment company controlled by the Agnelli family, blow 100M€ on Juve on a yearly basis? Easily. Will they? Absolutely not. And so here we are today. Going by on what we make in a decadent league, with next to no help from our owners.

It's easy (and fun!) to blame it all on poor Marry, but our problems reside much further above.

Theo is a bust and some if you have to stop defending players just because they are on our team. Theo is a very good finisher from close range, but without his speed he is an average player. Gnabry shows so much more than Theo.

I can't wait for Sanchez to show just how average Theo is.

feel

James wasn´t valued at $61M when he went to Monaco. They only paid that for him because Porto sold him on a package with Moutinho so they could up James´s price and lower Moutinho´s because Sporting had to receive a fraction of Moutinho´s transfer.
Lol we are fucking assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom