• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly like everyone in this thread.

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

Otherwise you guys are great.

Sweet, you like me. You really like me. :D

Lol as normal you're in for a surprise.

Salva you're right but fuck the United and Liverpool fans man. They aren't worth the time of day.

I sure I will be.

#Wengerout

Personally I think they're just sad cos I telling them since longtime they were finishing 4th last season. I was laughed at, castigated...mocked.

But I stood firm and I was right. Title challenge my ass.

I expect Theo to start a lot this season. We've slowly developed into a team that can not only expertly exploit, but kind of needs his sort of pace to achieve its full potential.

Yeah we are a team being built around Ozil so we do need speedy wingers/ inside forwards. But Gnabry overs speed and the ability to break down tight back fours when just relying on speed is not an option.

GorillaJu

Hi.

I don't know which post you were responding to.

Did you have a look at FPL yet?

Yeah, not too keen on many of the options available. No Suarez, Agüero has serious injury problems, don't think Costa will be as prolific in the PL, don't expect Sturridge to have as good a season next year, Southampton has been gutted thus they're a mystery.

Midfield options looking even less promising. Went with Sterling, Schürrle and Silva for the time being. RVP/Sturridge/Pelle up front. Still lots more pre-season + signings to come though so subject to change.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah we are a team being built around Ozil so we do need speedy wingers/ inside forwards. But Gnabry overs speed and the ability to break down tight back fours when just relying on speed is not an option.
Gnabry also offers the spot he'll have is with the reserves or the bench. Most likely reserves.

Personally I think they're just sad cos I telling them since longtime they were finishing 4th last season. I was laughed at, castigated...mocked.

But I stood firm and I was right. Title challenge my ass.

I think we all seriously knew we were finishing 4th. When we flopped at home to Everton at christmas it was obvious we would not win the league

Yeah, not too keen on many of the options available. No Suarez, Agüero has serious injury problems, don't think Costa will be as prolific in the PL, don't expect Sturridge to have as good a season next year, Southampton has been gutted thus they're a mystery.

Midfield options looking even less promising. Went with Sterling, Schürrle and Silva for the time being. RVP/Sturridge/Pelle up front. Still lots more pre-season + signings to come though so subject to change.

I'm rolling with Sanchez and Fabregas. And RVP early doors.

Pennywise

Sewn on there twice lol.

Bundes-GAF, what happened to that greek CB at schalke? People loved he earlier in the season.
Like Elsk said, he was out for quite some time.
A new coach came in, while he was out and he struggled.

This season, he's gotta prove that he still got it.
Anyway, there's a better greek CB now, obviously he isn't at Schalke (he's at Dortmund) and his name is Sokratis.

Abraxas

Anyway, there's a better greek CB now, obviously he isn't at Schalke (he's at Dortmund) and his name is Sokratis.

Yeah I saw Sokratis at the WC, i just remembered hearing honinstieng bang on about him, ans was surprised no move was mooted (united).

EmiPrime

I think we all seriously knew we were finishing 4th. When we flopped at home to Everton at christmas it was obvious we would not win the league

I didn't think for one minute that we would win the league either, we've been through too many implosions where we go out of every cup and drop too many points in the space of a few weeks for me to think otherwise. Despite signing Sanchez I am still not expecting more than 3rd.

Lightning

Banned
Wouldn't mind sending him out on loan to the Championship after playing the early rounds of the Capital One Cup & FA Cup.

(also depending on our injury situation)
Would be the best solution. Wenger didn't trust him last season even when both Ox and Theo were out. He needs game time.

Elchele

Also Ayhan looks much more promising than him.

Walshy

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

i can't believe you made the effort to actually copy and paste all that

strange

Wouldn't mind sending him out on loan to the Championship after playing the early rounds of the Capital One Cup & FA Cup.

(also depending on our injury situation)

So our options on the RW are Sanchez if he doesn't play on the left, Ramsey if Wenger is an idiot, Ozil if Wenger is an idiot, Ox who just isn't a true winger, or Gnabry who is German nd clearly world class

terrisus

<3

Pennywise

Also Ayhan looks much more promising than him.

Yeah, they've got a bunch of talented people.
Meyer,Goretzka,Ayhan and so on.

They still got alot of problems though, so I don't expect them to start that well.
Especially with Goretzka,Meier and other youngsters playing so much, after they had so many injured players.

Salvadora

So our options on the RW are Sanchez if he doesn't play on the left, Ramsey if Wenger is an idiot, Ozil if Wenger is an idiot, Ox who just isn't a true winger, or Gnabry who is German nd clearly world class
What

Gnabry is not clearly world class :lol.

He is a talented young player with a lot of potential. That's it.

rodvik

Who would we replace him with?

I get the don't settle for mediocrity etc argument - but I genuinely can't think of a compelling option who I think would take the job.

Oh I think there are plenty of good foreign managers out there who would love the very highly paid job of England.

Big Phil for one.

KIDA!!!!!!

Perreira might be going on the pre-season tour. He trained with the 1st team :)

Don't think he deserves it. Plus all of the players that were knocked out in the first round are joining up with the club either tomorrow or on Monday. Kagawa already flew to Manchester a couple of hours ago. Shaw, Welbeck, Rppmey, Smalling, Jones, de Gea, Mata, Nani, and Valencia are all returning.

Meanwhile, there are older youth players who will get the nod over him. Lingard, Vermijl, Keane, Thorpe, and Petrucci might go in over him.

Finally, some players from his age group outperformed him last season. Wilson, Rothwell, Janko, and Pearson will probably get the nod over him.

We'll find out in a couple of hours who will end up going.

You will fucking pay for this. What did poor Soi Fong ever do to anyone?

Don't think he deserves it. Plus all of the players that were knocked out in the first round are joining up with the club either tomorrow or on Monday. Kagawa already flew to Manchester a couple of hours ago. Shaw, Welbeck, Rppmey, Smalling, de Gea, Mata, Nani, and Valencia are all returning.

Meanwhile, there are older youth players who will get the nod over him. Lingard, Vermijl, Keane, Thorpe, and Petrucci might go in over him.

Finally, some players from his age group outperformed him last season. Wilson, Rothwell, Janko, and Pearson will probably get the nod over him.

We'll find out in a couple of hours who will end up going.

I don't think it'll be about deserve as much as who can fit Louis' visie and structuur. AP, I would guess, does so better than alot of the others.

I doubt he will go anyway and after last season I'm not sure about how talented he is anyway - but would be nice to be proved wrong and naive on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom