• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle still in for Grenier. Had a bid rejected apparently.

We're going in HAM.

A Sissoko, Tiote, Grenier, de Jong, Cabella midfield. pls. Too powerful for Pardew to handle. We need a new manager for that.

I hear Moyes is looking for a job.

YfPhA2n.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit, what a surprise!

I can understand him, wanting to go out after winning the biggest title there is.

On the other hand, Germany still needs him in France!

wow, legitimately shocked

He'll be 32-33 in France, so might as well retire on a high now.

cannavaro_italy1.jpg

Tegris

The Vidal/Pogba/Reus story in the Mirror made me laugh, but they got a click out of me so I suppose their writer did his job. I'd love a 'marquee' signing but I doubt that will happen now. Lovren/Davies/Remy future, here we come.

David Nugent was the first name on my fantasy team sheet. Feeling confident this year.

#TheDifference

Danny Ings is on mine. I'm finding it difficult to find any value this year though, particularly up front.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Makes sense. Why sign Vidal when you haven't given Anderson a proper chance?

Anyway, you're too late now, Liverpool are signing Vidal and Pogba.

oh so now Liverpool are in too

tumblr_n6tigyUADh1qcsunko1_500.gif

my back is running out of backstabbing spots

He played some football game with one of the kids at this event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsyo31kIgAArf_x.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/da7c7ac242dc6046ebb3a387800ec741/tumblr_n6tigyUADh1qcsunko3_500.gif

Hindle

Banned
Roy is not of sound mind. Expect Lampard to still be getting called up in 2 years also.

England will have trouble qualifying for Euro 2016 under Roy. The players have no desire whatsoever to play for him. It showed at the WC. When we inevitably lose or draw our first few games, he'll be sacked.

It was interesting that Louis pointed out Carricks absence yesterday, like he just had to get it in.

Might have been applying some pressure to Woodward to get deals done and pay the asking price for Vidal which is about £40m I guess because they emailed us and said hi Manchester United we want to sell Vidal this is the asking price what's up Yurt?

I don't mind Lahm retiring to be honest.

Think he's gone a bit insane with his "I'm a DM now" bullshit. It could have hurt our WC run and would most definitely had caused trouble in the future.

Salazar

Reports say LVG likes to have a squad of 20 players. Currently Man U has 37 players?

Pretty sure he doesn't like Phil Jones splitting his skull on an advertising hoarding, Evans dislocating his whole lower body etc

He's not going to go super lightweight, even if we are only doing league and domestic cups.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It was interesting that Louis pointed out Carricks absence yesterday, like he just had to get it in.

Might have been applying some pressure to Woodward to get deals done and pay the asking price for Vidal which is about £40m I guess because they emailed us and said hi Manchester United we want to sell Vidal this is the asking price what's up Yurt?

Stop-Bullying-Girls-with-words-written-all-over-bodies-Jan-12-p112.jpg

text on their stomach should read

"Vidal" "Pogba" "Allegri" "Serie B" "Brown envelopes" " Morata is your number 9"

It was either that or insinuating that Carrick is more of a key player than Rooney.

Linius

Was looking at some Destiny stuff, it looks like a fun game. Only thing with these games is that you need a group of people to play it together. The single player is designed in a way that it's just no fun on your own. Seems like you'll be fighting off endless waves of enemies and stuff. And playing MP alone with no communication with your team mates is also no fun. For me at least, would get bored quickly. It does seem to offer a true next gen experience though, that's nice.

I wonder if the hype will die down a few weeks post release in september.

It was either that or insinuating that Carrick is more of a key player than Rooney.

Yea, that's how I read it. I wouldn't say more off but that Carrick is as important to the team currently as Rooney.

Was looking at some Destiny stuff, it looks like a fun game. Only thing with these games is that you need a group of people to play it together. The single player is designed in a way that it's just no fun on your own. Seems like you'll be fighting off endless waves of enemies and stuff. And playing MP alone with no communication with your team mates is also no fun. For me at least, would get bored quickly. It does seem to offer a true next gen experience though, that's nice.

I wonder if the hype will die down a few weeks post release in september.

Bungie knows how to build succesfuly communities, so I doubt it.

Reports say LVG likes to have a squad of 20 players. Currently Man U has 37 players?
A core of 20 I think it was. That 37 is probably including quite a few youngster types who will either go on loan or are coming to a point where they'll be let go.

The likes of Henriquez, Zaha, Powell, Lingard, Will Keane, Amos, Varela are essentially hanging on at the moment. Maybe a bit harsh on Zaha and Powell (who I still rate).

But yeah you can cut that 37 down to 26/27 or so almost automatically.

Gonna be interesting to see how Rooney is used in pre season. Pls no midfield.

Linius

Bungie knows how to build succesfuly communities, so I doubt it.

Yeah, Halo still got a ton of fans who play that shit daily. But it seems like everyone is seeing Destiny as something revolutional at the moment, game of the forever. I wonder if everyone still feels the same way once we have the game.

Hindle

Banned
I really hope LVG keeps Powell and Zaha, they have huge potential. Moyes basically destroyed them which was a shame. LVG is well known for developing youth and those two players with the right development could be world beaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom