• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Thank God for that. Felt like I was getting mindfucked.

Serious question. If Diaby somehow stays fit next season, do we need Khedira? I say no. I think that's why we should prioritize Schneiderlin. Plus he's French. I want the French-German balance to be maintained.

I don't think Diaby will come into consideration, we've been burned too many times (through no fault of his own). It looks like the Khedira thing is off (if it was ever really on in the first place) and Schneiderlin would be a much better fit anyway.

Barzul

Ozil has a lot of followers on twitter. 7.5m approx. I think that's the most of any player we've had.

I don't think Diaby will come into consideration, we've been burned too many times (through no fault of his own). It looks like the Khedira thing is off (if it was ever really on in the first place) and Schneiderlin would be a much better fit anyway.

I don't know why, I just feel like this will be the season, similar to how RVP just stayed fit in 11-12. I'm not sure why. And I don't know who I'd prefer coming in for Ramsey. A fit Wilshere or Diaby.

K1LLER7

Vidal's been talking again. Basically the same stuff he's been saying before.

"Heard the rumours about Man Utd and Real Madrid, job of my agent to sort those things out. I'm just chillin on vacation."

"You can't say I've completed a cycle at Juve. If I stay, I intend to continue doing things well.

K1LLER7

He played some football game with one of the kids at this event.

Bsyo31kIgAArf_x.jpg

EmiPrime

I don't know why, I just feel like this will be the season, similar to how RVP just stayed fit in 11-12. I'm not sure why. And I don't know who I'd prefer coming in for Ramsey. A fit Wilshere or Diaby.

Few things would make me happier. He deserves a bit of luck; a model professional despite everything that has happened to him.

Carbonox

facking thunderstorms

I have work in 5 hours. I can't sleep in this shit.

Level 5 in Destiny though. The limit is still level 8 though? Boo. Game is so much fun though so w/e.

wedward

Haha

Just wait until we sign Schneiderlin. Our team next season is going to rock!

If we get Scheiderlin in I think our best 11 is probably our most complete since 06.

Since then we have always had a huge glaring weakness in our 11.

Don't think we do anymore. Debuchy is probably our worst player and I think he is solid.

If we get Scheiderlin in I think our best 11 is probably our most complete since 06.

Don't think we do anymore. Debuchy is probably our worst player and I think he is solid.

It depends how Sanchez gets on as the #9. If he doesn't do well I'm assuming he will take Walcott's place.

wedward

It depends how Sanchez gets on as the #9. If he doesn't do well I'm assuming he will take Walcott's place.

Even with Giroud I think we are more complete than we were in the past. Grioud is average. We pretty much always had at least one player who was absolute shit in the 11. Alumina for a while.

Or played a player before he was ready/kids.

Barzul

Even with Giroud I think we are more complete than we were in the past. Grioud is average. We pretty much always had at least one player who was absolute shit in the 11. Alumina for a while.

Or played a player before he was ready/kids.
Giroud isn't shit IMO. He just played way too many games.

wedward

Like I said boys, average. Maybe a bit above average. Think he will be great off the bench and in cup games. He has played 98 games for Arsenal in 2 years. That is too many.

Lightning

Banned
Giroud is an amazing team player and excellent on defence. He isn't a great finisher, neither is Sanchez, but his all round collective game is good. The problem is he is asked to play do much that the work rate drops, finishing gets worse, that's why someone needs to work with him, deputise for him occasionally.

Joel Campbell can fill this role perfectly. Either Sanchez or Walcott are going to get game time up front, I'm almost certain of that.

Giroud goes back for every corner, tracks back, works his ass off and as a result plays too many high intensity games. Also tough as steel, doesn't get injured much.

I honestly like everyone in this thread.

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

Otherwise you guys are great.
I like you too bro. Hi five

valeo

I like our squad this year too. Then I look at Chelsea - especially their first XI.

And I shit bricks.

Like I said boys, average. Maybe a bit above average. Think he will be great off the bench and in cup games. He has played 98 games for Arsenal in 2 years. That is too many.

You know nothing, wedward.

Giroud is one of the best I have seen at holding the ball up and playing other, more creative players in. The only improvement on that we will get is if we had signed someone like Suarez.

I don't know many other strikers that would've done as well as he did considering he had literally 0 backup (Sanogo doesn't count).

Plus he's so good looking it makes other teams melt.

wedward

I like our squad this year too. Then I look at Chelsea - especially their first XI.

And I shit bricks.

You know nothing, wedward.

Giroud is one of the best I have seen at holding the ball up and playing other, more creative players in. The only improvement on that we will get is if we had signed someone like Suarez.

I don't know many other strikers that would've done as well as he did considering he had literally 0 backup (Sanogo doesn't count).

Plus he's so good looking it makes other teams melt.

He is a striker and he is an average finisher. Yes his hold up play is pretty good and he is very good at bringing other teamates into the game, but he is average to below average at the most important part of his job.

hiroshawn

Banned
Ozil has a lot of followers on twitter. 7.5m approx. I think that's the most of any player we've had.

Diaby. He is better than Wilshire.

valeo

Giroud is shit, Alexis is so much better.. If I were a Culerdo I would be pissed they sold him

Erm, Giroud and Alexis are completely different types of players. Sanchez isn't a great goal scorer.

He is a striker and he is an average finisher. Yes his hold up play is pretty good and he is very good at bringing other teamates into the game, but he is average to below average at the most important part of his job.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/England-Premier-League

Giroud is #6 on the best premier league players list; if we're talking pure stats. Saying he is an average finisher is ridiculous - he's quite a good finisher, actually.

The main difference between Giroud and 'top' strikers like Suarez is that he doesn't provide enough direct assists. He also struggles away from home.

I laughed when people were hoping Benzema would come; when in reality he's barely an upgrade on Giroud, and he's got a more punchable face.

GQman2121

Banned
OddMorsel mentioned yesterday that we might be reluctance--for one reason or another--to sell Liverpool Ryan Bertrand. I have to wonder if that's also what happened with Demba Ba. There are a number of teams that could have used a player with his quality and experience in the league.

wedward

Erm, Giroud and Alexis are completely different types of players. Sanchez isn't a great goal scorer.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/England-Premier-League

Giroud is #6 on the best premier league players list; if we're talking pure stats. Saying he is an average finisher is ridiculous - he's quite a good finisher, actually.

The main difference between Giroud and 'top' strikers like Suarez is that he doesn't provide enough direct assists. He also struggles away from home.

I laughed when people were hoping Benzema would come; when in reality he's barely an upgrade on Giroud, and he's got a more punchable face.

Tired of this discussions.

Most interesting thing. Debuchy was the highest rated RB.

Wilshere at his best was better than Diaby at his best.

Herr K

Banned
I honestly like everyone in this thread.

Except Arnie, ATF487, bjaelke, bonesmccoy, CaramaC, Cerebral Assassin, danwarb, Dark Machine, Darth Sonik, DJmizuhara, elseanio, Feorax, Fry, FuturusX, jamieson87, K444WSR, labadal, Lord Snow, Mastadon, MarshMellow96, odd_morsel, operon, PaulLFC, PJX, Seep, severin, Shogun PaiN, Skoptsie, sohois, tri_willy, Vard, Yenrot, everthustodeadbeats, Sane_Man, PowerTaxi, subtles, Shagwell, mil6es, Dazzler, Xhenxhefil, Coldplay619, Commander Jameson, Walshy, Terrisus, King_Moc, TeddyBoy, Tegris, Mascot, theapg, SUEN, BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero, lensoftruth, SUEN, Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jarnet87, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, Superman, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, Fergie, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer, FlutterPuffs, Diablo Rosso, M_Night, Atticus Forest, cartoon_soldier, SUEN, Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, Tubie, matush_svk, pulga, thehypocrite, Phantast2k, Milchmonster, deroli, Kenka, Pennywise, Antioch, Blablurn, Sikaffy.gif, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde, Ser Goje, Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan, Yager, Karel and Freewheelin'

Otherwise you guys are great.
I'm great. Praise the sun.

GorillaJu

OddMorsel mentioned yesterday that we might be reluctance--for one reason or another--to sell Liverpool Ryan Bertrand. I have to wonder if that's also what happened with Demba Ba. There are a number of teams that could have used a player with his quality and experience in the league.

That's the conclusion I came to personally. Spurs, Everton and Arsenal would all benefit from Ba.

Lightning

Banned

Stuff those discussions man.

We're finally getting a team we can have some confidence in. I'm pumped for the upcoming season.

valeo

Because you're wrong, buddy. *pat pat*

We are looking better but we're still a 2nd gk, 4th CB and perhaps a striker + CDM away from challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom