• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

If Shelvey has a good season again, with more consistency, is he in with a shout to be given a chance with England? Our CM options ain't great.

England need to get rid of all their older players and go pure youth. Similar to what Klinsmann did with Germany. They might fail, but players like Gerrard, Rooney and co should be phased out of the team. They haven't acheived anything significant. Might as well stick with youth. The also need a new manager, and if they had balls, they'd hire someone like Conte who is available and not stick with Hodgson. Wenger would really be the ideal English manager. He knows the countries youth system in and out, too bad he wouldn't do a co-manager job.

Bs1L__JCcAEQJh1.jpg

What are you doing

it's a good picture though you gotta say

Jarnet87

With no RVP on the tour I wonder where van Gaal will play Rooney. No shocked to see no Powell, Gaal probably thinks he's shit. James Wilson's omission is though given how much the staff last year loved him.

Thanks! I got the code but what's the site you use?

Sign up at fantasy.premierleague.com. You can opt out of all the spammy rubbish.

Click on the Home tab and click on 'Pick your team' in the large banner (or go to fantasy.premierleague.com/squad-selection)

Choose your squad and click on 'Enter team'.

You'll then be shown your squad (you can design your kit here as well), click on 'Create and join leagues' underneath the Global leagues box on the right hand side.

Click Join League> Private League> Next> enter the FF code> Join private league.

And you're done :p

England need to get rid of all their older players and go pure Youth. Similar to what Klinsmann did with Germany. They might fail, but players like Gerrard, Rooney and co should be phased out of the team. They haven't acheived anything significant. Might as well stick with youth. The also need a new manager. If they had balls, they'd hire someone like Conte who is available and not stick with Hodgson. Wenger would really be the ideal English manager. He knows the countries youth system in and out, too bad he wouldn't do a co-manager job.

Gerrard should have retired already, its been weeks since we went out of the World Cup, makes me think (unsurprisingly) he isn't going to do it and then he'll hold on to the captaincy too I bet.. The rest the old guard except Lampard are already gone and if he signs for NY then he'll be definitely done.

Rooney is 28(?) I have no problems with him sticking around from a talent point of view, but we need to stop playing all these strikers. 4-2-3-1 if they must use it, we need two wingers, someone in the number 10 role and a striker. We can't fit Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck into the same team with that formation and we should stop trying. If they want to play 1, pick one, if they want to play 2, pick two in a formation that works (4-4-2 if necessary), and if they really want to play all 3, then go 4-3-3.

Sign up at fantasy.premierleague.com. You can opt out of all the spammy rubbish.

Click on the Home tab and click on 'Pick your team' in the large banner (or go to fantasy.premierleague.com/squad-selection)

Choose your squad and click on 'Enter team'.

You'll then be shown your squad (you can design your kit here as well), click on 'Create and join leagues' underneath the Global leagues box on the right hand side.

Click Join League> Private League> Next> enter the FF code> Join private league.

And you're done :p

Thanks man! I'm picking my squad now

Linius

How would you compare it to the incredibly overrated Rise?

I remember liking it when I saw it at the cinema but never seen it again since. I'll have to rewatch to say anything valid about it. I don't want to lose my good taste club membership, please understand.

Barzul

Gerrard should have retired already, its been weeks since we went out of the World Cup, makes me think (unsurprisingly) he isn't going to do it and then he'll hold on to the captaincy too I bet.. The rest the old guard except Lampard are already gone and if he signs for NY then he'll be definitely done.

Rooney is 28(?) I have no problems with him sticking around from a talent point of view, but we need to stop playing all these strikers. 4-2-3-1 if they must use it, we need two wingers, someone in the number 10 role and a striker. We can't fit Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck into the same team with that formation and we should stop trying. If they want to play 1, pick one, if they want to play 2, pick two in a formation that works (4-4-2 if necessary), and if they really want to play all 3, then go 4-3-3.

I'd drop Rooney to the bench honestly. Play Sturridge up top, with Sterling on the left and Ox on the right. Henderson and Wilshere as the pivot and someone like Barkley in front of them. Defense would be a bit tricky, but Flanagan on the right?, Cahill and Jagielka in the middle with Shaw on the left. That team is young, but play that team in every friendly and let the players get used to each other.

England need to get rid of all their older players and go pure Youth. Similar to what Klinsmann did with Germany. They might fail, but players like Gerrard, Rooney and co should be phased out of the team. They haven't acheived anything significant. Might as well stick with youth. The also need a new manager, and if they had balls, they'd hire someone like Conte who is available and not stick with Hodgson. Wenger would really be the ideal English manager. He knows the countries youth system in and out, too bad he wouldn't do a co-manager job.

The FA should offer Rodgers a ridiculous contract. I hope they don't, but they should.

Call me a sentimental twat, but so much of international football is about making sure the mood of the camp is positive, with the right amount of confidence without it spilling into arrogance. Rodgers seems like an expert at getting players into a state of mind where they can give you another level that they didn't seem capable of, while Hodgson is an expert at getting players to play at a level below that which they show every week at club level.

Meier

Really...like really?

I think we have a deep enough squad to get by without even signing a replacement, but realistically it's not like we wouldn't immediately reinvest the £35-40m we'd get from PSG. We'd either go for Vidal, Pogba or Barkley -- Barkley seems the most likely given recent chatter.

Zabojnik

I remember liking it when I saw it at the cinema but never seen it again since. I'll have to rewatch to say anything valid about it. I don't want to lose my good taste club membership, please understand.

To be fair, I think I saw Rise half asleep, but I distinctly remember not caring about it.

Barzul

The FA should offer Rodgers a ridiculous contract. I hope they don't, but they should.

Call me a sentimental twat, but so much of international football is about making sure the mood of the camp is positive, with the right amount of confidence without it spilling into arrogance. Rodgers seems like an expert at getting players into a state of mind where they can give you another level that they didn't seem capable of, while Hodgson is an expert at getting players to play at a level below that which they show every week at club level.

Rodgers is a good shout too. He's English too right?

Maddox

England need to get rid of all their older players and go pure youth. Similar to what Klinsmann did with Germany. They might fail, but players like Gerrard, Rooney and co should be phased out of the team. They haven't acheived anything significant. Might as well stick with youth. The also need a new manager, and if they had balls, they'd hire someone like Conte who is available and not stick with Hodgson. Wenger would really be the ideal English manager. He knows the countries youth system in and out, too bad he wouldn't do a co-manager job.

Are you talking about 2006? Germany probably had a similar average age to what the England squad had at this years tournament.

Rodgers would be a fool to even consider the England job. Even if he would get crazy money, it's not a job for him or anyone his age, they are on their way forward, England job is for old senile twats.

Barzul

Are you talking about 2006? Germany probably had a similar average age to what the England squad had at this years tournament.

Yeah that's the one. And did they? I remember the team being pretty young with guys like Poldi and Schweinsteiger playing major roles. I was 14 too, so my memory might be a bit hazy.

Yeah that's the one. And did they. I remember the team being pretty young with guys like Poldi and Schweinsteiger playing major roles.

Think that tournament was the beginning of their transition. Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Podolski had already stamped down their positions in the team, with others waiting in the wings to take over from the old guard

L1NETT

Slizz is that the manc dude who is playing in NFL

Was on the set of corrie too

Wanna say his name is iike Manachik or something like that

Barzul

Goal says Liverpool are going for Isco. That actually makes sense. But where does Lallana play? On the right? Next to Henderson?

Slizz

Slizz is that the manc dude who is playing in NFL

Was on the set of corrie too

Wanna say his name is iike Manachik or something like that

Nah its an NFL Player Cam Wake.

The Miami Dolphins owner is doing his best cross marketing because he also sponsors the Guinness International Champions Cup with the final being in Miami.

Walshy

I disagree with that. England need to go for a good knock-out manager like an Benitez or Hiddink whilst the FA revamps and puts much needed effort into grassroots football.

The idea that Greg Dyke has, of winning the World Cup in Qatar 2022 and reaching the semi-finals of Euro 2020 is mental.

Despite not ever actually winning a knockout game in the European Championships (England have only ever progressed once, that was through a penalty shoot-out on home soil), I have no idea what Dyke thinks is going to happen in five years that will revoloutionise English football. Wilshere, Walcott and Jones will still be in their twenties at that time. To change youth development you need to be doing it from the bottom – getting at kids who’re currently eight years of age. England’s aim should be 2030 and 2032. The FA are ten years out if they want to change things. The real problems lies with coaching, no English coaches can compete tactically, that why it would be best getting in a knock-out manager like a Hiddink or Benitez, whilst the FA develops some decent coaches.

Nah its an NFL Player Cam Wake.

The Miami Dolphins owner is doing his best cross marketing because he also sponsors the Guinness International Champions Cup with the final being in Miami.
You going?

United/Madrid at The Big House is going to be amazing. Incredible stadium.

Maddox

Yeah that's the one. And did they? I remember the team being pretty young with guys like Poldi and Schweinsteiger playing major roles. I was 14 too, so my memory might be a bit hazy.

You're probably right, i was a similar age too, they picked right as the young ones they took then are the most experienced players they just won the world cup with. I think we seen that the first game when young Raheem was given a major role and excelled at it, then the next he was shifted from that position to make way for St. Wayne.

Although i don't agree with this notion of playing copycat to whoever has recent success, you're just gonna end up playing catch up to whoever is the next big thing. It's more important to find your own identity with the players you have got, rather than trying to mirror what someone else has.

Hindle

Banned

Tony Pulis would be my pick. What he did with Crystal Palace last season was impressive. His teams are very hard to play against as well.

Edit. Short term, I think he'd get us competing again.

Slizz

You going?

United/Madrid at The Big House is going to be amazing. Incredible stadium.

Definitely going, the Final last year was some of the best football I've seen live and it was CR7 and Mourinhos first meeting since Mou left..

Hope United make it to the final.

L1NETT

Pretty sure the bloke who did Discus for us at the Olympics is playing in the NFL. Lawrence something or other. Terrible with names me

Think he is at one of the Cali teams

I disagree with that. England need to go for a good knock-out manager like an Benitez or Hiddink whilst the FA revamps and puts much needed effort into grassroots football.

The idea that Greg Dyke has, of winning the World Cup in Qatar 2022 and reaching the semi-finals of Euro 2020 is mental.

Despite not ever actually winning a knockout game in the European Championships (England have only ever progressed once, that was through a penalty shoot-out on home soil), I have no idea what Dyke thinks is going to happen in five years that will revoloutionise English football. Wilshere, Walcott and Jones will still be in their twenties at that time. To change youth development you need to be doing it from the bottom – getting at kids who’re currently eight years of age. England’s aim should be 2030 and 2032. The FA are ten years out if they want to change things. The real problems lies with coaching, no English coaches can compete tactically, that why it would be best getting in a knock-out manager like a Hiddink or Benitez, whilst the FA develops some decent coaches.

Hiddink is a good shout

Benitez would be hounded out of the job after his first loss, I fear. Think he'd do a great job though with his philosophy of finding the system that best fits the most, and best, players.

TeddyBoy

Goal says Liverpool are going for Isco. That actually makes sense. But where does Lallana play? On the right? Next to Henderson?

3sixty said Lallana plays best as part of midfield rather than part of the front three. That would make sense for us as it's been reported we want more gaols to come from midfield next season.

Isco would be a great signing but I can't see Madrid selling him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom