• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

What's with this new confidence United fans have in not being shit again this season? Genuinely curious as until this week it had been all doom and gloom on the United forums I check out. Is that just the hype wave around LVG or is Luke Shaw gonna star bangin' them in from the fullback position? It couldn't have been ALL Moyes last season.

Well for one LVG is the type that will go apeshit on players if they fail to deliver. Unlike Moyes who just said we played well.

Also United's team isn't that bad on paper. Our offensive players are great if on-form/motivated. Just need one very good midfielder and CB and we are back in the title race.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bs1KXiNCYAA7Gmc.jpg

Utter disdain

Hindle

Banned
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs.

fourth and fifth could switch but I think that is a pretty solid prediction even without seeing any of them play a minute of competitive football and the transfer window still open.

If City sell Toure then I think they'll suffer a setback. He has been the spine of their title winning seasons.

Well for one LVG is the type that will go apeshit on players if they fail to deliver. Unlike Moyes who just said we played well.

Also United's team isn't that bad on paper. Our offensive players are great if on-form/motivated. Just need one very good midfielder and CB and we are back in the title race.

Don't know about that.

I agree that our squad is better than people generally consider it - but it's still not a title winning squad. Even if dreams come true and we get Vidal and Hummels, the other squads are still better. They are just two players at the end of the day. City and Chelsea have far more quality than us.

And what we've lost is alot of knowhow. That counts when it comes to winning things. Sure - we still have alot of experienced players who have won alot but considering there are stronger teams than us about, it requires leadership to climb the table and challenge and we don't have that right now.

At the moment I expect us to be involved in a tight battle below the top two which IMO are a lock. If we manage to sign some good players I'll be very confident but right now, nothing more than cautious optimism.

K1LLER7

Herrera and Rafael gonna be BFFs.

Think Kagawa will thrive under LVG, if he looks to play a similar style to Barca/Bayern's passing game.

Though he had a good finish to the season when he played with Mata. Hope we see some more of that.

Barzul

Walcott is expected to be back in full training by the end of August!!

We may see Sanchez up front sooner than we expected.

He won't be starting games till end of September then. Wenger will ease him in real slow. I like that we took the long approach, could have rushed him in. I actually think he'll be a better player post ACL. The long rest would have done him good.
Coquelin has been give the number 34.

All our worst fears are coming true.

No dm.

He's still with us? Didn't we ship him off to Germany?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
One day Herrera will grow a manly spanish beard, then he will be complete.

I think thats whats keeping him out of Spains national team

Meier

If City sell Toure then I think they'll suffer a setback. He has been the spine of their title winning seasons.

I honestly think we'd be fine without him but it's kind of irrelevant as he's come out today and apologized and he and his agent have confirmed he'll be with the club this season.

Mr Cola

We wore blazers at my school, felt like a boss playing for the school team and arriving all dapper and such.

I love the United blazers.

Please i hope we get him. We'd also have the most attractive team in England if we do. 3Sixty we'll give you Sanogo on loan, you know you want the Nogo.

Goonerettes would go mad. We would also steal all the female fans from other clubs.
Only the cute ones.

Good draw for us in the CL to get AEL Limassol. Should pound them. Other Russian clubs got good draws too. We're overtaking France in the coefficient this year and getting dat 3rd CL spot back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom