• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
180714151354.png

Not bad. Pogba on the bench ofc.

omgkitty

How do people think LVG will do in his first season? I'm thinking he will get 4th.

He'll start off really well with all the United fans muppeting saying they're gonna win the league. Then he will drop off and United will either get 4th or miss out barely and get 5th.

Gambit

Backstabbing Ballack, acting like a cunt towards his former coach Völler and so on.

That's something Schweinsteiger or someone else would have never done.

to be honest, the rest of the team seems to have been pretty damn happy with the Ballack thing. It was well-known that nobody could stand him at Euro 08 already, and his welcome in 2010 wasn't exactly warm either.

Lahm just said what all the players seem to have thought. If anything, that's honest, not backstabbing.

The autobiography really was a joke, though. You are right in that regard.

Hindle

Banned
He'll start off really well with all the United fans muppeting saying they're gonna win the league. Then he will drop off and United will either get 4th or miss out barely and get 5th.

He's well known for having slow starts with the clubs he's managed. Can't afford to do that this time.

Salvadora

How do people think LVG will do in his first season? I'm thinking he will get 4th.
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs.

fourth and fifth could switch but I think that is a pretty solid prediction even without seeing any of them play a minute of competitive football and the transfer window still open.

How far off are QPR from doing a Portsmouth?

They'd have been in big trouble if they failed to get promoted, their wages are that of an Everton-tier club I think, and their income is fuck all, so they needed the financial boost of promotion, with the financial boost of doing it through the playoff a nice bonus for them in the end.

They should be fine now even if they get relegated again, as long as they put a stop to the stupid contracts

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we make some decent signings then 2nd-4th is a definite possibility.

If it stays as it is... 4th(maybe)/5th

You buy this guff about no new signings for a month?

What's with this new confidence United fans have in not being shit again this season? Genuinely curious as until this week it had been all doom and gloom on the United forums I check out. Is that just the hype wave around LVG or is Luke Shaw gonna star bangin' them in from the fullback position? It couldn't have been ALL Moyes last season.

WJD

You buy this guff about no new signings for a month?

Nah. Do think LVG is taking his time to assess the squad in his own way and at his own pace though. From the relatively little I know of him though I imagine he'd much prefer to try to turn Cleverley into a semi-decent player again and bring youth players through, rather than go and spend £50m on someone like Vidal.

LegoArmo

He'll improve the results against the shite teams (Moyes was breaking records from 50 years ago), and the customary 4-6 points from Arsenal should be enough. Still get battered off City, and possibly Liverpool, which will sting.

DBT85

He'll get 4th.

It'll be, in my opinion, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United in the top 4.

United have only the league and cups to focus on and now actually have a manager that has won before, and Liverpool without Jaws and with CL football will struggle for the top 4, unless they get booted early.

They'd have been in big trouble if they failed to get promoted, their wages are that of an Everton-tier club I think, and their income is fuck all, so they needed the financial boost of promotion, with the financial boost of doing it through the playoff a nice bonus for them in the end.

They should be fine now even if they get relegated again, as long as they put a stop to the stupid contracts after they've signed Johnson

FTFY

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how good Sterling will be next year, his development is fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom