• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

I got the job at The Amex, in which I was reminded that I wouldn't be able to watch any of the Brighton games, but I'll probably be selling Pints, Burgers and Programmes to people that will be.

Suen

I agree, we don't really need James but we're also in for 6 titles this year. We need the depth. Should we pay the asking price? Nowhere near it.

I see Di Maria staying, Marotta & Khedira leaving. Benz will start, he was very flaky in the opening weeks but he really stepped it up later on in the season. We'll need his strength and his ability to hold the ball from the long range Kroos passes.

I hate to say it but I kind of want Casillas out, Mourinho was right. He's lost his touch. He was terrible last season, almost cost us the CL title. I would be okay with either Lopez starting or Navas taking over.

Isco is a fan favorite, but so was Ozil, so I can't rule out the possibility of him leaving. Although I enjoy watching him with modric on the field as well. We should keep him as we'll need the depth this season.
Di Maria should stay because we need that depth when we're in for so many trophies. Just raise his salary and keep him happy. Morata is done, Khedira could leave but it's not going to be a big loss for Madrid, there are good players to replace him and he's not even among the best in the squad anyway. Benz won't be up to the job, not when you consider the ratio of goals scored to balls received for him. He looks good because we have players like Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria assisting him. If we didn't have them where would that put Benz? He's decent and a good backup but I really think we need someone better in that position. We've used ADM in the middle last season and if we stick with 4-3-3 I don't see why we couldn't try using him there again. I would want James just to replace Benz but it's still too early and as mentioned price is insane. If we can survive on Benz and Di Maria the first half of the season we'll have Jese recovered, hopefully he can find the same form we had last season.

Regarding Casillas we should be fair. He mostly did fine in CL but did some big mistakes, but we wouldn't know how he'd perform if he played every week. Just based on current form of our GKs I'd stick with Navas and Lopez though.

I'd love to see Isco flourish in Madrid but let's admit that Ancelotti's plans on using him out of position hasn't done good things. Perhaps a loan to Milan would be good since they were interested?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You are to Sandro what jtb is to Ba.

Sandro is our only player with an actual personality. I don't like losing characters from the squad, they might not have been amazing but Parker, Gallas, Dempsey, they had passion and guts and never lost a game 6-0. Too many of our current players are soft and bland like Paulinho and Chadli. Sandro is a fighter and they are the players we should be keeping.

"Lots of players are really impressed by what we are doing as a club and really excited about coming to Manchester United Liverpool," says David Moyes Brendan Rodgers.

Pachimari

There's actually rumors of us selling Isco, probably with a buy-back, but I don't put much in those reports yet.

Also have in mind, Perez is a business man, and have warned a Özil-like sale, and Di María fits this bill. He could be sold to finance James. I actually believe James is already a done deal, if not close to it.

Casemiro have also gone on loan to FC Porto who have a buy option on him, while we have a buy-back clause until 2017.

Khedira want to stay with the arrival of Kroos but let's see.

I think we'll have these for next season:
Isco, James, Kroos, Xabi Alonso, Illarramendi, Modric for 3 spots. Maybe Khedira, he's a bit up in the air at the moment.

I also believe Benzema have to start next season. He is instrumental, just like Marcelo, Cristiano, Bale and Modric. We need him. He is the perfect striker for our team. James could be back up for the fake-9 position and also play in midfield or on the wing if we go 4-3-3.

Suen

I wonder what Atletico's players will be like when they're not playing under Simeone any more.
Cunts, like they were before and now as well.

There's actually rumors of us selling Isco, probably with a buy-back, but I don't put much in those reports yet.

Also have in mind, Perez is a business man, and have warned a Özil-like sale, and Di María fits this bill. He could be sold to finance James. I actually believe James is already a done deal, if not close to it.

Casemiro have also gone on loan to FC Porto who have a buy option on him, while we have a buy-back clause until 2017.

Khedira want to stay with the arrival of Kroos but let's see.

I think we'll have these for next season:
Isco, James, Kroos, Xabi Alonso, Illarramendi, Modric for 3 spots. Maybe Khedira, he's a bit up in the air at the moment.
Oh Casemiro deal with Porto already went through? I liked him but there's so much compeition in the team that I think this is better for him. I'm surprised no other La Liga team went for him but Porto is probably a better choice than most of them.

Pachimari

Cunts, like they were before and now as well.

Oh Casemiro deal with Porto already went through? I liked him but there's so much compeition in the team that I think this is better for him. I'm surprised no other La Liga team went for him but Porto is probably a better choice than most of them.

I also like Casemiro but yeah, we are filled. Porto is a great choice though, so let's see how he develops.

sohois

You are to Sandro what jtb is to Ba.

---------------Ba
Neymar-Kagawa-Pepe
-------Sandro-Diaby
Rekik-Fuck-Knows-Kelly
-----------Mannone

Football Gaf's "if only they had the chance" first XI
I include Mannone for when he gets benched by Pantilmon

edit: just realised that Neymar has a shit ton of chances, so I guess we could also call it neogaf's overrated by fan XI

There were alot of good Nigerian players who didn't make the World Cup squad for whatever reason. Ikechukwu Uche is our best player but was left home. The AFCON winning squad had more quality and Brown Ideye was part of that. Missed a sitter in the final though, lol.

I have no idea if £10m will prove to be worth it, but hopefully it does. He was a hit in France for Sochaux but then moved to Ukraine, i.e. fell off the map. As a player he's cut from the same cloth as Odemwingie in that he can play both flanks and up top. Similar sort of physique and just as athletic.

Barzul

There were alot of good Nigerian players who didn't make the World Cup squad for whatever reason. Ikechukwu Uche is our best player but was left home. The AFCON winning squad had more quality and Brown Ideye was part of that. Missed a sitter in the final though, lol.

I have no idea if £10m will prove to be worth it, but hopefully it does. He was a hit in France for Sochaux but then moved to Ukraine, i.e. fell off the map. As a player he's cut from the same cloth as Odemwingie in that he can play both flanks and up top. Similar sort of physique and just as athletic.

Wait you're Nigerian too?

Tc91

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 2m
Sky sources understand Didier Drogba could return to Stamford Bridge next season, possibly in a player-coach role.

Everyone is tagging @Arsenal in the replies haha.

why, he is barley going to get playing time

s1.jpg

Sandro is our only player with an actual personality. I don't like losing characters from the squad, they might not have been amazing but Parker, Gallas, Dempsey, they had passion and guts and never lost a game 6-0. Too many of our current players are soft and bland like Paulinho and Chadli. Sandro is a fighter and they are the players we should be keeping.

Despite his recent injury problems I think it would be a mistake to sell

Sandro smashing the ball into the top corner whilst De Gea stands in awe and Cleverley bows at his feet is basically the defining image of the third millenium

Hixx

Times think we've agreed a £14m deal for Borini.

lol £14m

We can't afford that. If it is somehow true, it'll be a compromise of the £8m guaranteed and with shit loads of clauses.

But it won't be true.

Salvadora

I just don't know who we are in for anymore.
You have got an incredibly easy fixture list at the beginning of the season so you can basically go up to the last day with no bother.

Give LVG a bit of time to assess the situation.

Don't think the 3/4 weeks quote was accurate but he will want to have a look.

sohois

Borini and Aspas could well end up going for £20million then.

Liverpool bring in Lambert and Remy for £12million.

Technically Aspas is just a loan, so you can feel free to replace him with Assaidi for £7million.

Nice business really

Borini and Aspas could well end up going for £20million then.

Liverpool bring in Lambert and Remy for £12million.

Technically Aspas is just a loan, so you can feel free to replace him with Assaidi for £7million.

Nice business really

Also lots of players are really impressed by what Liverpool are doing as a club and are really excited about going to Liverpool.

Hixx

pls we will not give you £14m
KuGsj.gif

We have spent <£5m net in each of the last 3 summers - so this transfer alone would triple that and we need another 5 players.

omgkitty

are there any actual links to Javi or is this just wishful thinking?

because if wishful thinking, then Pogba

Wishful thinking. There was a time when people thought Javi was gonna leave so most people said "Oh well Arsenal should be interested." but nothing has been rumored about him leaving so I doubt he is.

pls we will not give you £14m
KuGsj.gif

We have spent <£5m net in each of the last 3 summers - so this transfer alone would triple that and we need another 5 players.

Here's this player we don't want and loaned to you for a season. We naturally expect you to pay more for him than we paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom