• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
It's about quality, not quantity. We need a team that can survive a 50+ game slog of a season but we also need a team that can actually win against good opposition, something we have been woefully inept at the past few seasons.
But we wouldn't have extended Cazorla's contract if he wasn't staying and he came out and said as much. Podolski is on high wages to sit around and do nothing. Are we really in such a luxury position that we can upgrade Podolski who unless injuries is not a starter anyway? I don't think we are.

We can't ship these players out now. Too late for that. Whenever Arsenal have done that, they've done it at the start of the window. They won't do that now.

But you have to factor in an inevitable injury crisis and the strain of playing 3 games in a week.

Just not convinced our strikers compare to any of the other top clubs, quality wise.

Sanchez could go a long way to solving that if he fits.
It will need to be a major injury crisis. Remy won't help us compete with shit. That's just another number signing. Pointless when I already pointed out we have too many numbers.

You won't bench Giroud for Remy. That's dumb.

Arsenal have 5 attacking positions. Giroud is going to play unless injured or rested. Özil is going to play unless injured or rested. Sanchez is going to play unless injured or rested. Ramsey is going to play unless injured or rested. That leaves 1 position for Walcott, Podolski, Rosciky, Cazorla, Ox, Wilshere to fight for. That would require either a lot of rest or a lot of injuries. That's not even including Gnabry, Sanogo, Campbell, next Cesc Zelalem etc... Yet add more? Arsenal fans are too greedy.

Aye, that's the problem there m9

Giroud should be a backup

Barzul

I just want us to sign a really good DM this window. Next window, maybe even in Jan, Poldi will be gone. This might be the season where Theo gets his wish and plays as a striker. He was pretty good in that Spurs game he got hurt in.

Salvadora

It will need to be a major injury crisis. Remy won't help us compete with shit. That's just another number signing. Pointless when I already pointed out we have too many numbers.

You won't bench Giroud for Remy. That's dumb.
It's a quality thing.

Send Sanogo on loan somewhere because he's nowhere near ready for the top level (if ever) and take advantage of Campbell's inflated World Cup price by selling him.

Then it becomes much more simple.

Sanchez, Giroud, Remy. Two of which are capable of playing in multiple positions. We compete in 4 competitions, play a shitload of games every season and should be going far in every one of them.

Meier

Massively under rated.

Will Clyne or Chambers slot over to LB now? Or do you guys have another one coming through?

Saints are a weird team. I don't think I ever even saw the name Steven Davis but it looks like he had a pretty good year last season in FPL and played in most of their games.

WJD

Should I be shaving my nipples as well as my armpits? This long term relationship stuff has left me wild and untamed.

3Sixty

Will Clyne or Chambers slot over to LB now? Or do you guys have another one coming through?

Saints are a weird team. I don't think I ever even saw the name Steven Davis but it looks like he had a pretty good year last season in FPL and played in most of their games.

Matty Targett will start at LB I reckon. I hope.

m8 Steven Davis scored twice against city our first season back

Meier

Has everyone here seen how Ibe creates the goal against Brondby? Because you all should.

Fuck signing players just promote this lad.

#team360

That bit at 1:23 where he turns and runs and then cuts into get his shot off is really impressive. A shame about how his mom spelled his name wrong though. Jordon with an O?!

Matty Targett will start at LB I reckon. I hope.

m8 Steven Davis scored twice against city our first season back

Good to hear about Targett. All of your midfielders are white. They just blend together to be one non-distinct midfielder.

3Sixty

She doesn't care either way, this is for me and I'm a sensitive soul.

What if I go for a swim and I'm getting changed and everyone sees my hairy armpits and points and laughs because it's not normal and I cry and

Y'see.

Nipples shaved for me. All my hair is super dark and im light skined so looks ming

Salvadora

Daily Mail saying Lukaku is going to join Everton permanently for £23m.

Paper is gash but I've read that the guy reporting it, Dominic King, used to work for the Liverpool Echo and has ties to Everton.

Would be a brilliant signing if they could pull it off.

Suen

What if I go for a swim and I'm getting changed and everyone sees my hairy armpits and points and laughs because it's not normal and I cry and

Y'see.
Just shave it or trim it, whichever that suits you best. Van Gaals armpits are shaved.

Y'see.

Then shave everything.

I did. Better to know and judge than merely postulate on such follicle based matters.

GQman2121

Banned
I think Arsenals first four matches (Palace, CL, Everton, CL) are going to say a lot for how they'll line up for the season barring injuries. Arse will stay with the whomever is in form even if that means the bench for the big money signings.

Daily Mail saying Lukaku is going to join Everton permanently for £23m.

Paper is gash but I've read that the guy reporting it, Dominic King, used to work for the Liverpool Echo and has ties to Everton.

Would be a brilliant signing if they could pull it off.

26 mil? That better be incorrect. But oh well, this surely means another striker comes in, with the way Lukaku has been talking shit lately it's no surprise he's leaving. Still sad to see it happen though.

Wilbur

Banned
Seriously though, i feel a much bigger connection to the players the come through the academy.

And those that came up through the league with us, which is why i want Morgan to stay and Fonte to keep starting even though hes probably not really good enough.

Welbz <3

Salvadora

I think Arsenals first four matches (Palace, CL, Everton, CL) are going to say a lot for how they'll line up for the season barring injuries. Arse will stay with the whomever is in form even if that means the bench for the big money signings.
Mate, do you not remember Aaron Ramsey persistently playing despite poor form, or more recently Wilshere?

Arsene will do what he always does.

you forgot Lewa m8

We really don't need more players, we're full. Now is time for Guardiola to work his magic and make us even worse than last season

:lol

I honestly forgot about Lewa. Pep will kill him, anyway, so why bother.

And you really need another CB m8. It's basically Boateng and Dante, Badstuber will obviously struggle to get back in form and Martinez doesn't really wanna play there. It's pretty bad for a club like Bayern to be honest.

The fact that Milan think that we would ever be interested in awful players like Mexes or Zapata as part of a player exchange is offensive. The fact that they can't afford to buy Criscito straight up is sad though.

GQman2121

Banned
26 mil? That better be incorrect. But oh well, this surely means another striker comes in, with the way Lukaku has been talking shit lately it's no surprise he's leaving. Still sad to see it happen though.

But he just changed his profiles online to reflect being apart of our club! He loves us!!

f43wYkX.jpg

Mate, do you not remember Aaron Ramsey persistently playing despite poor form, or more recently Wilshere?

Arsene will do what he always does.

I suppose so, but he has more toys now.

sfetzO6.png

Elchele

:lol

I honestly forgot about Lewa. Pep will kill him, anyway, so why bother.

And you really need another CB m8. It's basically Boateng and Dante, Badstuber will obviously struggle to get back in form and Martinez doesn't really wanna play there. It's pretty bad for a club like Bayern to be honest.

I honestly thought we were going to sign Ginter in the end. Don't know what Pep has planned for next season to be honest. Looks like the 3-4-3 from the DFB Finale will continue and with that formation even Contento could end up playing as one of the 3 CBs

Maybe we end up signing Godín, who knows.

Arnie

Weird one, though.

If Everton didn't get Champions League football last year then they certainly won't this time.

Funny that he snubbed Spurs to go there, though.

Great signing like.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we had the best fitness coaches in Italy (and one of the best in Europe)

they were all replaced with Allegri's men

this is a fucking nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom