• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

There might not be a better value for money buy than Remy this window.

Spurs/Arsenal and Liverpool should all be triggering that release clause. In Arsenal's sake you'd have to imagine Wenger has someone big up his sleeve if they aren't interested.

He's on a 80k/wk contract and probably wanted more. We probably didn't want to match his wages.

L1NETT

Whoever gets Remy gets a hell of a deal and a cracking player

Wenger should have got him a year ago instead of sticking with Donkey-roud

Would be mint at Anfield. Fits Brendan-ball much better than Lambert imo

Pachimari

I can't see Pogba arriving here this summer myself, but this forum have their contacts so I trust them, as they have been 100% correct before.

Kroos is in. Navas and James are close. So we at least need a striker and we could be set. Falcao have been mentioned many times but I don't think we'll go for him either. After all Ancelotti did say a young prospect.

5? Cheers

He's on a 80k/wk contract and probably wanted more. We probably didn't want to match his wages.

Again, value for money wise that doesn't sound unreasonable at all. He scored a good amount of goals for us last season, and we were fucking god awful. He'd ship a ton in the current Arsenal side.

Barzul

We should cash in on Campbell if it means we can get a better striker. I have no idea who though. Remy option is gone.

Again, value for money wise that doesn't sound unreasonable at all. He scored a good amount of goals for us last season, and we were fucking god awful. He'd ship a ton in the current Arsenal side.

Oh no I agree. I'm a bit puzzled why it was an issue, given his relatively low transfer fee.

sohois

I can't see Pogba arriving here this summer myself, but this forum have their contacts so I trust them, as they have been 100% correct before.

Kroos is in. Navas and James are close. So we at least need a striker and we could be set. Falcao have been mentioned many times but I don't think we'll go for him either. After all Ancelotti did say a young prospect.

Got nothing on Turok_ITK though.

I bet they don't bold their announcements like that Arsenal poster used to do either.

We should cash in on Campbell if it means we can get a better striker. I have no idea who though. Remy option is gone.

Oh no I agree. I'm a bit puzzled why it was an issue, given his relatively low transfer fee.

I can't think of anyone decent from the Top 5 leagues available.

Barzul

I'd love to see Pogba in Madrid.

There's 3 options as I see it:

1) Arsene has a bid for a massive striker planned (unlikely IMO)

2) He's planning on experimenting with his current attacking force and trying something a bit different (fairly likely)

3) He's mental (likely)

Salvadora

Insecurities, Viva.

Wenger was dead on when he pegged him as being afraid of failure.

And Chelsea looking like a second choice would leave him with egg on his face. Egotism innit.

GQman2121

Banned
I would be completely fine with Pogba landing in Madrid if it meant a cut rate price on Modric, who I consider to be in the worlds eleven. He's 29 in September so his days in Spain are numbered.

Pachimari

He's one of the weak points including the CBs, except for Varane.

He is not a weak point..
He even secured his place after the Champions League where he had a great run.

Carvajal finally FIXED our right back problems.

Pepe have been super solid this season. No need to replace him. Only if it were by Varane.

Got nothing on Turok_ITK though.

I bet they don't bold their announcements like that Arsenal poster used to do either.

They don't bold their announcements, in fact one of them have stopped feeding them information, because nobody believe him. But this one guy reported Cristiano, Kaká, Xabi and Benzema before any media outlet. But it doesn't matter, just wanted to share the reports.

Arnie

This Davies saga is doing my head in, in the last few minutes the Telegraph, Sky and Mail are all saying he's about to join us.

Would be nice to have an announcement before the friendly tomorrow.
Echo said we haven't got him.

Hope Sevilla stop flirting and just sell us Moreno. The thought of Bertrand is killing me.

Remy is a fucking sublime backup to Sturridge, though. Dead happy with that and the Borini business.

Destiny is dull.

Anything to these De Jong ruhmaz?

Herrera, De Jong and Vidal would be sensational.

Herrera and De Jong would be...hmm.

When's Bebe leaving. I feel sorry for him. He basically got laundered. Mendes needs to get locked up.

Hindle

Banned
To wind up arsenal fans

- Spain
- money
- other good players
- history
- huge chance of trophies
- El Clasico

Madrid spent the biggest part of 11 years irrevelent in Europe tho. You'd also think the fact so many players go there and decline would put people off.

jtb

Banned
this transfer window is quickly turning into yet another disaster. we need to sign Remy and I will only accept us not buying him if it's because we're actually secretly in for Griezmann.

Wilbur

Banned
Anything to these De Jong ruhmaz?

Herrera, De Jong and Vidal would be sensational.

Herrera and De Jong would be...hmm.

When's Bebe leaving. I feel sorry for him. He basically got laundered. Mendes needs to get locked up.

Would be well happy with De Jong to be honest. Not many better at shutting down an opposition midfield, and I think he's underrated as a player anyway (if not still great). Like you say, obviously if we got him and someone of Vidal's calibre it'd be sublime.

Always thought City were a bit mad getting rid of him. And since then they've bought Fernandinho, Fernando, Garcia and Rodwell.

Arnie

this transfer window is quickly turning into yet another disaster. we need to sign Remy and I will only accept us not buying him if it's because we're actually secretly in for Griezmann.

They're completely different players.

One's a winger/inside forward and the other is a full blooded number nine.

Probably wages. We've just cleared £200k+ from our bill so we're fucking flush.

dat Sturridge/Remy swag dance

Pennywise

He is not a weak point..
He even secured his place after the Champions League where he had a great run.

Carvajal finally FIXED our right back problems.

Yeah after Arbeloa and others fucked up.
Doesn't mean he's worldclass.

Problem I've got with him, he's to slow.
With Ramos or Pepe as CB, they haven't got enough speed.

Madrid got so many options in the offense, they should get some for the defense as well.
Allthough Carlo made alot of smart choices, this is something Madrid should take care of.

Well, it's not like they've got problems similar to Barca D:
Still, it would be smart to strengthen the defense.

jtb

Banned
They're completely different players.

One's a winger/inside forward and the other is a full blooded number nine.

Probably wages. We've just cleared £200k+ from our bill so we're fucking flush.

dat Sturridge/Remy swag dance

I know they're different players. if we get Griezmann, we shove Sanchez up front. if we get Remy, Sanchez plays on the left.

Yeah after Arbeloa and others fucked up.
Doesn't mean he's worldclass.

Problem I've got with him, he's to slow.
With Ramos or Pepe as CB, they haven't got enough speed.

Madrid got so many options in the offense, they should get some for the defense as well.
Allthough Carlo made alot of smart choices, this is something Madrid should take care of.

Well, it's not like they've got problems similar to Barca D:
Still, it would be smart to strengthen the defense.
Imagine ic we got rid of Johnson and reina too

Scum

5? Cheers

I'll have him at Spurs if no one wants him.

GQman2121

Banned
Anyone linked with these guys?

Q3TioBg.gif

Salvadora

Wenger spoke about how he was going to use him and it came across like he planned to play him through the middle when Walcott returns at the end of September.

That's why we are not signing Remy.

Or Griezmann, for that matter.

Lightning

Banned
The silliness of this is amazing.

Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Podolski, Cazorla, Sanchez, Campbell all vying for 3 positions and not enough. Need Griezmann or failure..

Giroud is our main striker next season, he won't be replaced. Don't like it? Tough luck. Enjoy bitching pointlessly for 12mths.

Wilbur

Banned
Remy is probably a tad underwhelming in terms of 'we need to replace Suarez', but he's a real good player, can play in two or three positions and is lightning quick. 8m would be a steal provided his wages aren't too high.

Still think Liverpool need to sign someone that can win them shit the way Suarez could (with the caveats that there isn't many around that can do that and that I haven't seen very much of Can and Lazza).

Lallana and Lambert are squad improvements but not first team improvements; regardless of how much we spent on Herrera and Shaw and whether or not they're the top class players we're crying out for, they definitely improve our first team. Not sure if Liverpool have done that (again, Markovic has good hype so will probably prove me wrong).

To be honest we all pale in comparison to the work Chelsea have done this summer. Courtois, Luis, Fabregas and Costa all in for 25m or so after the Luiz sale. Madness.

jtb

Banned
Wenger spoke about how he was going to use him and it came across like he planned to play him through the middle when Walcott returns at the end of September.

We still have a gaping hole on the left flank. Podolski is shit.

King_Moc

Banned

Nah, it's because he prefers Toxteth to London, innit.

Yen

Has Andre Alexander Shaquille Wisdom got a loan move yet? Think he'd be decent backup right now, probably better than Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom