• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Germany are the team of the tournament and Germany's best players have been Hummels, Khedira, Neuer and Muller.

Messi is the best player at the WC but the player of the event so far is Hummels or Neuer for me. Fuck this "only strikers can be MOTM" shit.

FootballFan

Messi so far in this WC:

Bosnia
- Bosnia own goal directly from his free kick
- again vs Bosnia late in the 2nd half, one of the goals of the tournament and the winning goal.

Iran
- 92nd minute winner, one of the goals of the tournament.

Nigeria
- Goal majestically taken ffor the early lead.
- Free kick goal vs Nigeria. Amazing.

Switzerland
- Dribbles past a player and sets up Di Maria for an easy goal in extra time.

Belgium
- Pressures Kompany off the ball, dribbles around 3 players, passes to Di maria who then gets it to higuain for the goal.
(Di maria screwed up what would have been the assist of the tournament in this match too)

Netherlands
- Scores crucial first Pk in the shootout. Worst game so far.

I'd say that's a damn fine performance so far. Müller has probably been the best but messi is definitely top 3.

pulga

Banned
Muller
Robben
Hames
Neymar
any of the GOAT gks
Hummels
Kroos

all have looked better than Messi to me

edit: anyway you guys continue at it, i have to be up in like 2 hours FML

GorillaJu

:lol Kroos. He's an opportunist. Great finishing but like his performances for Bayern he is inconsequential to how the team plays. Khedira has been the best German midfielder.

Probity

Germany are the team of the tournament and Germany's best players have been Hummels, Khedira, Neuer and Muller.

Messi is the best player at the WC but the player of the event so far is Hummels or Neuer for me. Fuck this "only strikers can be MOTM" shit.

Müller with 5 goals and 3 assists at the moment, while being our primary attacking player, has been incredibly fantastic. World Cup player no doubt, he loves big games. That said, Hummels has been a complete ROCK in the defense, and his two headers have been fantastic. Only Neuer made up for his absence against Algeria, and has been a great goalkeeper as always.

Out of the Germans, I don't really know who to pick as the best of the tournament, we've really complemented each other on the field as a team, which is great. I know who has been our worst though, but so does everyone.

Messi been pretty damn clinical for Argentina though, I applaud that man for his work dragging them to the semi-final for Romero to save the day for the final.

:lol Kroos. He's an opportunist. Great finishing but like his performances for Bayern he is inconsequential to how the team plays. Khedira has been the best German midfielder.

Khedira was steaming pile of shit in the Ghana game and was promptly dropped for the U.S.A., Algeria games.

Muller
Robben
Hames
Neymar
any of the GOAT gks
Hummels
Kroos

all have looked better than Messi to me

I think Robben, Hummels, and James were better.
Muller is about the same.
Disagree on Nerman.
No way has Kroos been as good as Messi.
Most of the great keepers didn't last as long due to being eliminated and they are even more dependent on their teammates. For example, Neuer has been excellent and has done nothing wrong, but 2 of the games didn't have much to do.

pulga

Banned

Khedira has played one good match you ridiculous sock puppet.

Completely inconsequential hahahaha you do realize he by far has the most passes played AND highest percentage of those completed for Germany, right?

Seems like getting banned completely scrambled your brains, or you actually went blind lol

GorillaJu

Messi so far in this WC:

Bosnia
- Bosnia own goal directly from his free kick
- again vs Bosnia late in the 2nd half, one of the goals of the tournament and the winning goal.

Iran
- 92nd minute winner, one of the goals of the tournament.

Nigeria
- Goal majestically taken ffor the early lead.
- Free kick goal vs Nigeria. Amazing.

Switzerland
- Dribbles past a player and sets up Di Maria for an easy goal in extra time.

Belgium
- Pressures Kompany off the ball, dribbles around 3 players, passes to Di maria who then gets it to higuain for the goal.
(Di maria screwed up what would have been the assist of the tournament in this match too)

Netherlands
- Scores crucial first Pk in the shootout. Worst game so far.

I'd say that's a damn fine performance so far. Müller has probably been the best but messi is definitely top 3.

Messi has been good enough that if his team win the tournament he will get the credit, which will go a long way to combat the argument that you can't be the goat without a World Cup championship.

Germany v Argentina though what a boring ass final. Holland v Germany would be worse but yeah. At least it's hard to call who are the favorites though, which is nice. I really like the German players and team but I'm kind of hoping for an Argentina win just because I think Messi is the best footballer of all time and I need this stupid "but he's never won a World Cup" defense out of the way.

pulga

Banned
even the Roongod agrees

YkdioFs.png

has he done one for Messi? I rest my case.

pulga

Banned
Messi has been good enough that if his team win the tournament he will get the credit, which will go a long way to combat the argument that you can't be the goat without a World Cup championship.

Germany v Argentina though what a boring ass final. Holland v Germany would be worse but yeah. At least it's hard to call who are the favorites though, which is nice. I really like the German players and team but I'm kind of hoping for an Argentina win just because I think Messi is the best footballer of all time and I need this stupid "but he's never won a World Cup" defense out of the way.

COMPLETELY INCONSEQUENTIAL

Br9Tg1SIAAApvWc.png

go to bed ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayneRooney/status/177501243822968833

"Messi is a joke. For me, the best ever."

I rest MY case m8.

2012, when Messi was still alive bae

(i cant believe you bothered to go through Rooney's timeline lol)

Probity

Khedira has played one good match you ridiculous sock puppet.

Completely inconsequential hahahaha you do realize he by far has the most passes played AND highest percentage of those completed for Germany, right?

Seems like getting banned completely scrambled your brains, or you actually went blind lol

Kroos has been extremely important too the German offense with his central role, but really only since Lahm was moved back and Khedira was able to hold the space beside him. Overall, Toni makes a majority of easy passes and only risks the long ones on open players or set pieces, so of course his percentage will be high. Also, being in the center, he has a shit ton of opportunities for passes anyways, which makes that post somewhat accurate.

Either way, he wasn't extremely vital up until the France game, since he wasn't being used in his best possible way. Without Khedira stepping up in the spot, Kroos wouldn't look as good as he does.

Still, he is a great player and has been clinical these last two games, I don't disagree with saying he has been the best midfielder, only because Müller is being considered a forward and he has been great with our set pieces before he became the pass-master.

pulga

Banned
Jesus Christ plug your transparency is simply illuminating. It's like a giant fucking disco ball of stupidity.

Hahah you're gonna call me out on stupidity after you claim a player with 406 total passes, 91% accuracy, etc, etc is completely inconsequential?

Again, go to bed, you're having a shocker. Losing Suarez must've done your head in, it's okay.

omgkitty

So, I wanted to ask for some advice or rather if someone had been in a similar situation. My friends just laugh it off as no problem and I don't really want to talk about it with my family, so here you go, guys. I have to get up early tomorrow, so don't expect an answer in the next few hours. Thought I might as well post it now since it's already done, though.

I think I have some kind of fear of commitment and it's really annoying me lately. See, I've never been in a proper relationship. Because I spent the whole day playing games and watching/playing football in my teens and since I went to university, I've enjoyed the single life and being (more or less) completely independent way too much. In fact, I still enjoy the single life but I feel like I'm missing out at the same time. I'm 22 now, people I went to school with already get married and shit and here I am having not a single experience of a proper relationship.

But while I'd love to start something serious, I can't. Since I've started thinking about it, my head has started to go crazy and I always do stupid stuff lately. Like, if I meet someone at a night out, I "run away" in the morning at the latest. And it's like I'm back to my 14-year-old self when sober in that regard. If there's a girl I'm interested in on a train/class/whatever giving obvious signals, I do fuck all. I don't know why. Hell, there's this girl who I think is cute as fuck in one of my classes for almost two months now, I still haven't done shit. It's not about my confidence, I have no trouble with girls in general but I panic at the thought of "she's nice, that could be working". It's bothering the hell out of me but I don't know how I could change it. Already considered that I could be afraid of getting hurt but I must admit I enjoy being miserably every now and then way too much, so I doubt that's the main problem.

I know there are obvious and simple answers, like "just go for it", but I've been on this for a few months now. And I don't really know what else to expect as an answer but, well yeah, maybe someone has a good idea before I have to go to a psychiatrist :lol

I'm 25, overweight and don't give a fuck about anyone besides myself. I don't have any of your problems because I don't think any girls are interested in me and I refuse to do anything about my predicament. Getting married at 22 is bullshit. Basically just think of me and my sad shitty life, and say "Man that fucking omgkitty keeps wanting to steal Reus from us and he's just a sad fat turd who's stuck in a shit hole like Tennessee. I'm gonna go fuck this girl and be happy because fuck him!" Go to school and think about that. You'll definitely go talk to her then. Don't be a sad piece of shit like me for the rest of your life. Go fuck some hot bitches and be happy before the next thing you know you're 40 and all alone and hate yourself.
Give us Reus

Probity

COMPLETELY INCONSEQUENTIAL

Br9Tg1SIAAApvWc.png

go to bed ;)

2012, when Messi was still alive bae

(i cant believe you bothered to go through Rooney's timeline lol)

I FUCKING KNEW ÖZIL WASN'T PLAYING POORLY. WHY DIDN'T I LOOK FOR STATS BEFORE. Damn it. I have been trying so hard to defend him and this helps a ton. He gets a lot of hate and the only logical reason I can think of is because his bug eyes at this point.

He hasn't been 2010, but he has been good.

pulga

Banned
That jaw looks like the jaw on Plug's cartoon Ronaldo avatar.

So since Yurt is asleep, how does his sister look like?

i dunno but here is what being completely inconsequential looks like

2402124_big-lnd.jpg

OK OFF TO BED FOR SERIOUS NOW, enough muppeting <3 maybe Odd will join me as he clearly needs sleep

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Some people are already sitting themselves at the thought of Messi winning the wc lol.

Im pretty sure Germany will win by 2-3 goals, but you never know! I'm happy with either team winning unlike most other times.

Barca won 2010 wc.

Bayern to win 2014 wc would be cool.

Messi involved in 7/8 argentina goals.

Incredible. Leading em into wc final.

Well, sure he did fuck all through most of the match but Messi DID set up Palacios against Cillesen in that play left him one on one with GK and Palacios wasted it horribly. Match should've ended there.

GorillaJu

Christ, dont be completely fucking daft next time you decide to commit to the keyboard lol

BsGaOpwIAAADChh.jpg

inconsequential

craque means crack ok, as in world class, if you need further explanation

You have offered nothing to this argument. You posted pictures of passing statistics (who the fuck cares? Tom Cleverley has excellent passing statistics. Leon Briton has excellent passing statistics) and a picture of a (Brazilian?) broadsheet which I can't even read.

You offer only CAPITAL LETTERS, the word "bae", and a rampant, obvious agenda.

pulga

Banned
Stop embarrassing yourself, Odd. Jesus Christ just admit you were wrong
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Now let me go to bed. Sleep for me, sadly, is not inconsequential

Edit: By the way, what agenda? I listed Kroos as a player which has impressed me more than others at the WC, then you proceeded to post absolute dogshit, which I will obviously retort with facts and figures. Am I supposed to stay quiet whilst you post the most embarassing of posts this side of RAWK?

I think not.

GorillaJu

Look at these eyes. He's got the best of Navas' features to boot.

BqM6onoIgAAP4Ri.jpg:large

I'm convinced that camera had it's white balance set while pointing at a fire truck. If that is his true eye color then he's got some awesome green hair to go with it! I admit he has a charming clumsiness though.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Edit: By the way, what agenda? I listed Kroos as a player which has impressed me more than others at the WC, then you proceeded to post absolute dogshit, which I will obviously retort with facts and figures. Am I supposed to stay quiet whilst you post the most embarassing of posts this side of RAWK?

I think not.

When you wake up you'll be on my ignore list. Good night, bae.

wedward

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I think not.

Ozil leads Kroos in 3 out of 5 of those stats.

You said ozil has been shit.

lol. But now those stats mean something when talking about Kroos.

I FUCKING KNEW ÖZIL WASN'T PLAYING POORLY. WHY DIDN'T I LOOK FOR STATS BEFORE. Damn it. I have been trying so hard to defend him and this helps a ton. He gets a lot of hate and the only logical reason I can think of is because his bug eyes at this point.

He hasn't been 2010, but he has been good.

i thought he was great with real madrid, tons of assists

admittedly i only catch him on tv nowadays when arsenal plays chelsea, but from what i've seen of him this tournament there's no reason to bash the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom