• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Van Gaal shows his priorities: "Losing 7-1 is the same as losing on penalties.”

Also, martin indi off due to yellow not injury.

K1LLER7

LVG: "You shouldn't have players play a match for third place. There's only one award that counts, and that's being world champion.”

True say Louie. Just come to Manchester

GorillaJu

I want a striker who can play wider, so we don't have to shove Sturrudge there to keep the new guy happy. Remy is the only one I can think of who'd fulfil that role properly

Rather have someone who is comfortable in 4-4-2, since in our 4-3-3 we have two players acting as a striker and one as a winger.

Sanchez and Reus are players who fit the bill. Can play out wide or as a second striker in a two-striker system. Firmino sounds like this type as well but I dunno enough about him.

I don't wanna see us go crazy spending money this year. The team doesn't need THAT much to improve. Yes a new CB and full backs (LB in particular), and we'll need another top class striker.

We're set for wide players anyway IMO. Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Coutinho, and we'll have Ibe coming in. He'll have some game time for certain this year. All players who can comfortably play on the wing. Would rather have someone who prefers the center over any more wide men.

And we need another keeper. Mig is good but not great. A top team should have a great keeper.

FootballFan

LVG: "You shouldn't have players play a match for third place. There's only one award that counts, and that's being world champion.”

True say Louie. Just come to Manchester

Yep. Seriously, unless you are like Costa Rica or one of the smaller nations, it's just not something to celebrate. Yay 3rd.

pulga

Banned
He won them two games in the last minute you berk.

against powerhouses Iran and Nigeria was it? dont even remember, he's been Ozilesque for the majority of the tournament

I'm not even hating, I'm just saying #truthfacts. Muller is easily the Man of the Tournament.

K1LLER7

against powerhouses Iran and Nigeria was it? dont even remember, he's been Ozilesque for the majority of the tournament

I'm not even hating, I'm just saying #truthfacts. Muller is easily the Man of the Tournament.
James, Robben, Muller

Any of them 3.

I'll give it James because nobody expected him to play so well.

Jarnet87

Rather have someone who is comfortable in 4-4-2, since in our 4-3-3 we have two players acting as a striker and one as a winger.

Sanchez and Reus are players who fit the bill. Can play out wide or as a second striker in a two-striker system. Firmino sounds like this type as well but I dunno enough about him.

I don't wanna see us go crazy spending money this year. The team doesn't need THAT much to improve. Yes a new CB and full backs (LB in particular), and we'll need another top class striker.

We're set for wide players anyway IMO. Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Coutinho, and we'll have Ibe coming in. He'll have some game time for certain this year. All players who can comfortably play on the wing. Would rather have someone who prefers the center over any more wide men.

And we need another keeper. Mig is good but not great. A top team should have a great keeper.

Smart that you want to limit spending as you will be dropping out of the Champions League next year.

Smart that you want to limit spending as you will be dropping out of the Champions League next year.

Wouldn't even matter, as long as we don't go overboard on wages. We're spending money that's essentially in the bank, we're not pulling a Leeds and making financial moves dependent on the prospect of future financial gain

pulga

Banned
I need to wank and Im out of toilet paper

h a l p
wtzgU.gif

Hngggg

I want more.

MORE.

yeah i know you want more of me you creepy obsessive old fart. you give me the shivers ugh

6.5 successful dribbles and 3.5 key passes per game on top of 4 goals and an assist?

Argentina's scored 8 goals total this whole tournament!

More often than not I wish I could peek into an alternate universe where Moyes was still in charge of Manchester, mostly for the embarrassing things he used to say and do.

FootballFan

6.5 successful dribbles and 3.5 key passes per game on top of 4 goals and an assist?

Argentina's scored 8 goals total this whole tournament!

Hnggg more.

Pls.

Don't forget he played a huge part in the Belgium goal too. Forced Kompany to lose the ball, dribbles around 3 players and passes to Di maria.

And vs Bosnia his cross caused the own goal.

7 goals out of 8 involvement with Messi.

"fuck-all"

Hngggg

pulga

Banned
plug I love you but if Messi did fuck all in the WC then Ronaldo didn't even travel to Brazil.

well duh, captain obvious. why are you bringing cristiano into this? you're as weird as the old person now, ronaldo is long gone. we're debating Messi

Here is the United/Chevy ad I mentioned I saw on TV earlier today (shocked me). This is definitely unprecedented.

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/spot-chevy-unveils-manchester-united-kit/294023/

Didn't realize that Nike officially announced they wouldn't renew their deal with United either. Going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Supposedly Nike doesn't want to match the Adidas price, which means that Adidas has actually put a bid forward.

Supposedly.

FootballFan

Some people are already sitting themselves at the thought of Messi winning the wc lol.

Im pretty sure Germany will win by 2-3 goals, but you never know! I'm happy with either team winning unlike most other times.

Barca won 2010 wc.

Bayern to win 2014 wc would be cool.

Messi involved in 7/8 argentina goals.

Incredible. Leading em into wc final.

Still think Robben's outperforming Messi tho. Robben's dribbling is the only legitimate threat Holland's shown since the Spain game, and whereas Argentina's already accepted that Messi's their best bet and puts him in the best position to succeed whenever, wherever, Robben has to deal with goobers like RvP and Sneijder.

But Messi's got one more game and Robben does not. :/

GorillaJu

I can't wait to harass KidA daily when Warrior wins the bidding for United's next kit design.

You guys seriously want Uniqlo? There is nothing redeeming about Uniqlo's designs. They are the epitome of boring. They are meant to just sink into the background so the "showpiece" jacket or whatever you spent money on grabs more attention. They'll be even more boring than Nike's designs which might actually be boat sails repurposed as football kits, or Adidas' nauseatingly safe blend of classic sport motif on "who gives a fuck anyway" Wal-Mart-quality v-neck. Though props to Adidas on sticking Yohji Yamamoto's name on a shirt. I like the YY Real kit even though there's nil chance that Mr Yamamoto himself actually gave the shirt, which was probably designed by an intern, more than a passing glance.

'pretty good' tells your everything

you can't even bring yourself to write a plain, forceful 'good'

'pretty good' is basically saying 'adequate'

"hows your sandwich kida?"
"eh pretty good"

pls

The last match was the only world cup match where he wasn't playing well. I can't believe you're rewriting history already.

I can't wait to harass KidA daily when Warrior wins the bidding for United's next kit design.

You guys seriously want Uniqlo? There is nothing redeeming about Uniqlo's designs. They are the epitome of boring. They are meant to just sink into the background so the "showpiece" jacket or whatever you spent money on grabs more attention. They'll be even more boring than Nike's designs which might actually be boat sails repurposed as football kits, or Adidas' nauseatingly safe blend of classic sport motif on "who gives a fuck anyway" Wal-Mart-quality v-neck. Though props to Adidas on sticking Yohji Yamamoto's name on a shirt. I like the YY Real kit even though there's nil chance that Mr Yamamoto himself actually gave the shirt, which was probably designed by an intern, more than a passing glance.

Adidas kits are boring too. The difference would be that Uniqlo wouldn't use those shit 3 stripes.

$$$$ matters, except if Warrior win. Then I will hate the money flowing in. I'm sorry, but I would rather suck off Brenton's cum inside a yak's anus than be associated with Warrior.

Suen

well duh, captain obvious. why are you bringing cristiano into this? you're as weird as the old person now, ronaldo is long gone. we're debating Messi
Because you often use him as a reference point you toothless donkey shit, that's why I brought it up. Fuck you plug.

pulga

Banned
The last match was the only world cup match where he wasn't playing well. I can't believe you're rewriting history already.

Adidas kits are boring too. The difference would be that Uniqlo wouldn't use those shit 3 stripes.

But I'm not. I'm just saying he's been underwhelming. Not even in the Top 5 players of the WC, imo.

FootballFan

But I'm not. I'm just saying he's been underwhelming. Not even in the Top 5 players of the WC, imo.

Who are the top 5 in your very unbiased opinion m8?

I'd say someone who was directly involved in 7 out of 8 goals for the team in the final would probably be somewhere up there. Just my opinion though.

GorillaJu

$$$$ matters, except if Warrior win. Than I will hate the money flowing in. I'm sorry, but I would rather suck off Brenton's cum inside a yak's anus than be associated with Warrior.

Pucker up, cutie.

2901513_f520.jpg

In the knockout rounds he got the assist that won the match against Switzerland. The very next match against Belgium, he played well. He didn't directly contribute to the goal, but he was part of it drawing in 3 defenders. He also would have had the GOAT assist of the tournament if Di Maria didn't fuck up that chance.

I don't need to explain the group stages as everyone knows how good he was in those matches.

And just because I think he did well, doesn't mean I think he's been the best player in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom