• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Ozil leads Kroos in 3 out of 5 of those stats.

You said ozil has been shit.

lol. But now those stats mean something when talking about Kroos.

Weddy when I see Ozil holding the World Cup, I'll feel like a proud papa. He grew up with us, he's our baby. Parents need to enforce tough love on their children to motivate them to better themselves.

When you wake up you'll be on my ignore list. Good night, bae.

Does this mean I wont get to see anymore of your asinine posts?

Wait, no, it doesnt. I guess I'd have to add you to mine.

But I wont, since I'm not a complete fucking goober :lol

wedward

Weddy when I see Ozil holding the World Cup, I'll feel like a proud papa. He grew up with us, he's our baby. Parents need to enforce tough love on their children to motivate them to better themselves.

So you have no response. What a surprise.

pulga

Banned
So you have no response. What a surprise.

The hell am I supposed to respond to that? Ozil is the playmaker, he's supposed to have better stats than Kroos in those areas you absolute putrified mango.

positions how do they work

I don't know what pulga is even arguing about at this point. :(

Meier, Odd called Kroos "inconsequential" to Germany's game, and I simply proceeded to prove him wrong by posting stats, a man of the match picture and an unbiased brazilian newspaper article which proves Kroos is indeed not "inconsequential".

Note that Im not even arguing he's the best german player or midfielder, I'm merely pointing out he's not inconsequential :lol

Hell, even FIFA thinks he's pretty good :lol

3yxWK4Y.png

omgkitty

Meier, Odd called Kroos "inconsequential" to Germany's game, and proceeded to prove him wrong by posting stats, a man of the match picture and an unbiased brazilian newspaper article which proves Kroos is indeed not "inconsequential".

You guys have all shit on Ozil multiple times a day every day for the last 10 months or so. Go to bed.

Probity

i thought he was great with real madrid, tons of assists

admittedly i only catch him on tv nowadays when arsenal plays chelsea, but from what i've seen of him this tournament there's no reason to bash the guy

I didn't watch him much with Real Madrid, but only because I don't have a reliable outlet in a language I understand for the league. I heard and saw good things regarding stats though, and when I did see him play I was good with it. Mostly I watched him play with the National team and recently Arsenal, and I used to see him play for Werder a while back.

He got bashed starting around mid season with Arsenal when he got into bad form, tired from not being adjusted to the lack of break in the Premier League. This is very understandable, I think, most first seasons in England start good and get bad for players as they tire out. Since then though, he has been getting bashed constantly.

I don't think he merits it at all. Looking at just his stats, he has been doing impressive despite not having his best season ever for Arsenal, and that is with him playing out left when he serves much better as a central creator behind a striker. There he has access to both wings and everyone around him, which gets the most out of his moments of brilliance.

Even at Arsenal though, he is doing pretty damn well for not having that many fantastic attacking options, no offense to the Gunners. There were some high profile injuries and plenty of poor performances this season from players like Giroud, and that makes it very difficult for a player to shine that really only works with creating chances. That said, he needs to be less afraid of shooting, and work on that, as shown by this tournament, but he has done extremely solid, if not great this summer.

FootballFan

Nah, your obsession with me is sad, baby. Get a second wife or something, stop hanging around a videogame forum with a bunch of kids at your age.

Nah, I'm #staying.

Telling people to "get a life" or "get off the internet" is the lamest response after "salty". An achievement for sure.

I'm now expecting "I have more important things to do"

Just go sleep m8. I don't hate you, but it's sad.

omgkitty

I didn't watch him much with Real Madrid, but only because I don't have a reliable outlet in a language I understand for the league. I heard and saw good things regarding stats though, and when I did see him play I was good with it. Mostly I watched him play with the National team and recently Arsenal, and I used to see him play for Werder a while back.

He got bashed starting around mid season with Arsenal when he got into bad form, tired from not being adjusted to the lack of break in the Premier League. This is very understandable, I think, most first seasons in England start good and get bad for players as they tire out. Since then though, he has been getting bashed constantly.

I don't think he merits it at all. Looking at just his stats, he has been doing impressive despite not having his best season ever for Arsenal, and that is with him playing out left when he serves much better as a central creator behind a striker. There he has access to both wings and everyone around him, which gets the most out of his moments of brilliance.

Even at Arsenal though, he is doing pretty damn well for not having that many fantastic attacking options, no offense to the Gunners. There were some high profile injuries and plenty of poor performances this season from players like Giroud, and that makes it very difficult for a player to shine that really only works with creating chances. That said, he needs to be less afraid of shooting, and work on that, as shown by this tournament, but he has done extremely solid, if not great this summer.

cat24pk5a.gif

I like you.

pulga

Banned
Nah, I'm #staying.

Telling people to "get a life" or "get off the internet" is the lamest response after "salty". An achievement for sure.

I'm now expecting "I have more important things to do"

Just go sleep m8. I don't hate you, but it's sad.

Just friendly advice, a bunch of strangers on the internet won't be there when you need it the most. It's important to fill your life with, y'know, real life people.

well said, mate :)

GorillaJu

Ozil was fine at Arsenal last season, he clearly has the requisite technique and vision to succeed in his position. Arsenal's failings were down to tactics, and Wenger's unrelenting stubbornness in selecting exhausted players in hopes their quality will pull them through big matches. Ozil was poor when Arsenal as a whole were poor. When they played well, he was excellent.

Probity

Just friendly advice, a bunch of strangers on the internet won't be there when you need it the most. It's important to fill your life with, y'know, real life people.

Ehh. I don't want to get in on the fight, but maybe you should sleep a bit, mate. Telling people to get a life sounds extremely closed-minded and incorrect with the modern era, while also being pretty offensive. It also sounds a bit hypocritical considering the fact that you'd rather spend time arguing about sports in a gaming forum it takes like 6 months to get into than sleep like you have mentioned in what feels similar to 12 billion posts.

Just saying. Don't pull me into the fight though, I want nothing to do with that, I just wanna talk football, lol.

cat24pk5a.gif

I like you.

well said, mate :)

Thanks, glad to get a good welcome here, I was a bit nervous at first (which is unlike me), but I honestly feel like a good contributor now and am glad to know people actually read my rambles.

omgkitty

Ehh. I don't want to get in on the fight, but maybe you should sleep a bit, mate. Telling people to get a life sounds extremely closed-minded and incorrect with the modern era, while also being pretty offensive. It also sounds a bit hypocritical considering the fact that you'd rather spend time arguing about sports in a gaming forum it takes like 6 months to get into than sleep like you have mentioned in what feels similar to 12 billion posts.

Just saying. Don't pull me into the fight though, I want nothing to do with that, I just wanna talk football, lol.

You live in Austin? You and Meier should hang out. Just sayin. You could go with him to Mondo and pickup posters for me ;) He'll explain on the way.

Probity

You live in Austin? You and Meier should hang out. Just sayin. You could go with him to Mondo and pickup posters for me ;) He'll explain on the way.

Yeah, I am somewhat sad to admit but I was actually born in Texas. My dad is in the Army and my mother is full German. I lived in Germany for a long time after we moved there, consider it more of a home than here, though I enjoy the US overall.

People here are frustrating though, they make me say things in German and get on my case when I say football and sound more like I am from the UK when I speak English than I do like an American. I visited England a ton when I was younger, so yeah.

GorillaJu

A chronically injured Ramsey VS A stifled Madrilenian Kroos

"Discuss".

Ramsey is incredible. His first touch, his shooting, his creativity and his versatility make him one of the best CMs in the PL. Kroos is your standard metronome - slows play down, passes the ball to open players/defenders, and takes shots outside the box. He's good at his job but there are dozens of players who can do what he does.

omgkitty

Yeah, I am somewhat sad to admit but I was actually born in Texas. My dad is in the Army and my mother is full German. I lived in Germany for a long time after we moved there, consider it more of a home than here, though I enjoy the US overall.

People here are frustrating though, they make me say things in German and get on my case when I say football and sound more like I am from the UK when I speak English than I do like an American. I visited England a ton when I was younger, so yeah.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE GERMAN??!?!??! OH CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING FOR ME IN GERMAN???? OH THAT'S SO COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

wedward

What a logical, reasonable post.

Welcome.

Probity

Ramsey is incredible. His first touch, his shooting, his creativity and his versatility make him one of the best CMs in the PL. Kroos is your standard metronome - slows play down, passes the ball to open players/defenders, and takes shots outside the box. He's good at his job but there are dozens of players who can do what he does.

I agree with everything said here except that last sentence. While yes, on a basic level I imagine a ton of players can do what he does, but as he has grown there have been a lot of vital improvements that make him a standout player. His accuracy in assisting in set pieces has been displayed extremely well during this World Cup, as well as his ability to play effective long balls and start passing chains.

While the majority of his passes are to open players, he picks and chooses very well most of the time, and his passes normally start up pretty solid attacking movements by the team. His shots outside the box are normally hard to match by most players though, even if a lot of people have a good outside-the-box shot.

He also has some pretty good defensive work as a holding midfielder that may not be as good as Khedira or Schweinsteiger but is still pretty solid when added to his attacking prowess. His only major setbacks really are his pace at times, where he is slow, and his attitude. He needs to work on his mental game, but in a few years time I think he will be much better on that front with maturity.

Still, I don't know which I would want on my team, seeing as being accident prone but fantastic is conflicting. Like, when fit, Ramsey is great, but he gets hurt so much and for so long, it is hard to have enough faith in that as a manager. I suppose then Kroos, as he is very consistent and has a lot of room to grow even more.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey had one injury last season. That's it.

He spent longer than anticipated out, and that's down to 1) poor rotation (in that there was none) by Wenger and 2) a horrific medical staff that likely rushed him back too early. remember, there were reports he was back in training in January (!!!) and was going to be on the bench against Southampton before reaggravating the injury and promptly missing another month and a half.

I don't think that can be considered injury prone or the fault of the player. that seems entirely Wenger and/or the medical staff's fault.

(and, fwiw, I don't count having someone break your leg with a horrific challenge as a fault of Ramsey's body either)

GorillaJu

I agree with everything said here except that last sentence. While yes, on a basic level I imagine a ton of players can do what he does, but as he has grown there have been a lot of vital improvements that make him a standout player. His accuracy in assisting in set pieces has been displayed extremely well during this World Cup, as well as his ability to play effective long balls and start passing chains.

While the majority of his passes are to open players, he picks and chooses very well most of the time, and his passes normally start up pretty solid attacking movements by the team. His shots outside the box are normally hard to match by most players though, even if a lot of people have a good outside-the-box shot.

He also has some pretty good defensive work as a holding midfielder that may not be as good as Khedira or Schweinsteiger but is still pretty solid when added to his attacking prowess. His only major setbacks really are his pace at times, where he is slow, and his attitude. He needs to work on his mental game, but in a few years time I think he will be much better on that front with maturity.

Still, I don't know which I would want on my team, seeing as being accident prone but fantastic is conflicting. Like, when fit, Ramsey is great, but he gets hurt so much and for so long, it is hard to have enough faith in that as a manager. I suppose then Kroos, as he is very consistent and has a lot of room to grow even more.

He's generally just a bit slow, which is fine for someone in his position. He has very good ability on the ball and it's important that you have someone in his position if you're going to play the way Germany play, but I wouldn't say he is strong defensively. I think he's a little lazy in closing down and was fortunate that Klose has been so successfully aggressive in pressing.

Germany's 4-3-3 is very similar to Liverpool's. The front three are a creative winger, a wide striker and a central striker. The middle three are a deep playmaker, a box to box runner and a metronome. When I look at our midfield 3 I think Kroos is definitely superior to Allen, but Allen (and many metronome CMs in top teams) is more aggressive defensively, which I would miss if we had Kroos. Klose makes up for that, where Suarez isn't so relentless with in pressing so there's that trade off there. When this set up is on song (like in 7-1 vs Brazil or our 5-0 vs Arsenal) it's a beautiful thrashing.

Meier

Welcome to the thread, Probity! Austin is a very cool city. Not sure how long you've been here but I hope you like it! I don't really know any high schools in the area other than Lake Travis and Bowie. I guess Ann Richards counts too (we live across from it).

K1LLER7

If Ramsey can repeat his performances from last season again this season, he'll be a top 5 midfielder in the world imo. He has to be consistently good though. Hope he doesn't get injured. Was brilliant to watch last season.

Probity

Ramsey had one injury last season. That's it.

He spent longer than anticipated out, and that's down to 1) poor rotation (in that there was none) by Wenger and 2) a horrific medical staff that likely rushed him back too early. remember, there were reports he was back in training in January (!!!) and was going to be on the bench against Southampton before reaggravating the injury and promptly missing another month and a half.

I don't think that can be considered injury prone or the fault of the player. that seems entirely Wenger and/or the medical staff's fault.

(and, fwiw, I don't count having someone break your leg with a horrific challenge as a fault of Ramsey's body either)

Extremely fair points here. I don't understand Wenger love much, he has odd rotation ideas, hasn't accomplished all that much success in a while, and has a very harsh system of rules. As a player, I wouldn't see very many positive reasons to associate myself with Arsenal at fault of him, even with things he has accomplished. Besides that, he is well known for reluctance in the transfer market, which would make me so angry if I were an Arsenal supporter.

Probity

Welcome to the thread, Probity! Austin is a very cool city. Not sure how long you've been here but I hope you like it! I don't really know any high schools in the area other than Lake Travis and Bowie. I guess Ann Richards counts too (we live across from it).

I actually live in Pflugerville, technically, going to Hendrickson. We have a good football program and girls 'soccer' program, but other than that it is eh for sports. We have some good money and a nice school overall, but not too many fantastic teachers. Education wise our debate and Newspaper/Yearbook, and Band programs are exceptional, as well as Theater (I guess, since they would kill me if I sold them short).

I play for a club team right now, but I am about to join the boys team to try and help Varsity at request of the coach and some friends. Don't know how much success that will be, they haven't been to the playoffs in like 4 years.

Austin is a great city though, I enjoy it. There is a ton to do there and it looks spectacular around the capitol building especially. Lived here about 2 years now, almost 3, and I enjoy it, except the heat sometimes. Hard to football when you are having a heat stroke.

Edit: Oh, double post, sorry. I was hoping there would be some fast fingers after me, but oh well.

He's generally just a bit slow, which is fine for someone in his position. He has very good ability on the ball and it's important that you have someone in his position if you're going to play the way Germany play, but I wouldn't say he is strong defensively. I think he's a little lazy in closing down and was fortunate that Klose has been so successfully aggressive in pressing.

Germany's 4-3-3 is very similar to Liverpool's. The front three are a creative winger, a wide striker and a central striker. The middle three are a deep playmaker, a box to box runner and a metronome. When I look at our midfield 3 I think Kroos is definitely superior to Allen, but Allen (and many metronome CMs in top teams) is more aggressive defensively, which I would miss if we had Kroos. Klose makes up for that, where Suarez isn't so relentless with in pressing so there's that trade off there. When this set up is on song (like in 7-1 vs Brazil or our 5-0 vs Arsenal) it's a beautiful thrashing.

We are far better after switching to our 4-2-3-1 though, it is our old formation and it is far better for out players and style than the true 4-3-3 was, even after we beat Portugal the way we did (though my main gripe with it was that we had a messed up mid 3 because Löw threw Lahm up). Kroos is a bit lazy defensively, but not awful, but it is normally alright with Schweinsteiger holding beside him, as well as Khedira. I would agree though that the attacking idea in mind with our middle three is very similar to Liverpool's, even in the false 4-2-3-1. It works extremely well when it gets the opportunity, and we have a lot of great players to make it work.

Double Edit: I am an actual Member finally, this is fantastic, lol. The World Cup saved me like 4 months of slow posting.

omgkitty

We are far better after switching to our 4-2-3-1 though, it is our old formation and it is far better for out players and style than the true 4-3-3 was, even after we beat Portugal the way we did (though my main gripe with it was that we had a messed up mid 3 because Löw threw Lahm up). Kroos is a bit lazy defensively, but not awful, but it is normally alright with Schweinsteiger holding beside him, as well as Khedira. I would agree though that the attacking idea in mind with our middle three is very similar to Liverpool's, even in the false 4-2-3-1. It works extremely well when it gets the opportunity, and we have a lot of great players to make it work.

I think the 4-3-3 would have made a lot more sense had Reus not gotten hurt. Doesn't matter though because he would fit in just fine in a 4-2-3-1 which I believe is what Dortmund plays regardless. I just feel as if for the first half of the tournament he saw that Reus was out and Khedira and Schweinsteiger were not up to full strength, so he put Lahm in the middle. Once Khedira and Schweinsteiger came back to full strength and with Mustafi out, it made more sense to have those two in midfield switching in and out. Not sure what Low was on about Lahm playing his "new position" and him not straying from that and then he just said fuck it and moved him back to RB. It was a smart decision regardless as I think Germany has looked much better since they went back to their traditional lineup from the last few years. I do still think Ozil is wasted out wide, but with Reus gone and Kroos lacking any sort of pace, I guess it makes sense to include Ozil and push him out wide, allowing him to drift inside.

GorillaJu

Adidas should have never gotten rid of its trefoil logo.

The 90's were a really weird era in terms of branding. They would have felt really out of place had they just kept the trefoil (which iirc wasn't even their original logo).

the unconsoled by kazuo ishiguro is a weird book

I haven't read it but The Remains of the Day is one of my favorite books. Never Let Me Go was great too.

GorillaJu

Ishiguro > Murakami by a country mile IMO. If Murakami's career wasn't so padded out by books employing the same tropes repeated over and over he'd be a better writer.

I want news on Vidal damn it!

Didn't see Bla's post last night? He quoted a tweet from Sky, sounds very promising.

GQman2121

Banned
Just finished watching Munich. Spielberg's second best movie. I haven't watched it in a few years.

Also, it's nice to see City reaching out and giving a kid with fragile X syndrome a shot with the squad. More clubs should handout contracts to the
handicapable.

GorillaJu

I have read Wild Sheep Chase, Dance Dance Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Sputnik Sweetheart, Norwegian Wood, Wind-up Bird Chronicle, IQ84, Hard-Boiled Wonderland, and one of his short story compilations. I liked every single one of them, some more than others, but I'm really tired of the same characters and situations coming up in every Murakami book. Ishiguro really isn't a Japanese author anyway, he's English, so it's probably unfair for me to compare them directly. But I don't see how you can deny Murakami's penchant for repetitive tropes.

Probity

I think the 4-3-3 would have made a lot more sense had Reus not gotten hurt. Doesn't matter though because he would fit in just fine in a 4-2-3-1 which I believe is what Dortmund plays regardless. I just feel as if for the first half of the tournament he saw that Reus was out and Khedira and Schweinsteiger were not up to full strength, so he put Lahm in the middle. Once Khedira and Schweinsteiger came back to full strength and with Mustafi out, it made more sense to have those two in midfield switching in and out. Not sure what Low was on about Lahm playing his "new position" and him not straying from that and then he just said fuck it and moved him back to RB. It was a smart decision regardless as I think Germany has looked much better since they went back to their traditional lineup from the last few years. I do still think Ozil is wasted out wide, but with Reus gone and Kroos lacking any sort of pace, I guess it makes sense to include Ozil and push him out wide, allowing him to drift inside.

I don't disagree, I understand completely why it was done. With neither of our best holding midfielders up to full fitness, he didn't have a reliable option to play in the midfield other than Lahm (or Kramer...), and it was really our best option to work like that there. Also, we weren't sure if Klose could really perform anymore, so trying out the pivoting top three was fine, if unsuccessful due to poor performances from Götze in particular (poor guy, not being used right). Mustafi being out really gave Lahm the ability to prove how much more vital he was as a fullback, and the midfield looked a lot stronger with Khedira and Lahm not competing for attacking space on the right from the middle. This allowed Khedira to have much more control of his spot, Kroos to play centrally as he should, and Schweinsteiger to pull up and hold on the left. Also, being able to add Klose in actually helped a ton, as Müller was able to swing in from the right and float more than before, since he had to occupy a more central area to make up for the lack of striker. Now we can manage having a true finisher as well as the floating mastermind of Müller with no trouble. If Reus were around, no matter how clinical and amazing he is, I don't know if he would entirely improve this side without taking out Özil. Assuming that were the case though, we'd have the best front three in the tournament I think, if we don't already. Reus also makes up for defense issues, unlike Özil (as good as both are).

Honestly though, as much credit as we are giving Löw, I think some of this success was partly by accident. Mustafi getting hurt was really what caused all these things to be shown to him, even if everyone else in the world already knew it. Can't not add that last bit. Either way, when Klose is unable to play, I imagine a 4-3-3 would be extremely solid, with I guess Özil being safe in the middle spot, seeing as both Reus and Müller would be making cutting runs to make up for one person being gone. This would also allow for Lahm to play as a good attacking fullback, if he ages well, and Özil to make his best creative work possible. Kroos would still be fine, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Hummels, all fine. Though I think I would rather have Badstuber than Boateng, and we desperately need a better LB.

jtb

Banned
Haven't read any Murakami (Kafka on the Shore and Wind Up Bird Chronicle both lying on my desk right now), but from what I hear about Murakami... the Unconsoled is on a whole different level of surreal. very surreal, very funny. Remains of the Day is one of my favorite books, the Unconsoled is like a bad parody of that super mannered style of writing with some weird Kafka shit thrown in there. I enjoyed it though. just weird.... very weird...

actually, that's a lie, I've read After the Quake which I really enjoyed. but none of his novels

omgkitty

I don't disagree, I understand completely why it was done. With neither of our best holding midfielders up to full fitness, he didn't have a reliable option to play in the midfield other than Lahm (or Kramer...), and it was really our best option to work like that there. Also, we weren't sure if Klose could really perform anymore, so trying out the pivoting top three was fine, if unsuccessful due to poor performances from Götze in particular (poor guy, not being used right). Mustafi being out really gave Lahm the ability to prove how much more vital he was as a fullback, and the midfield looked a lot stronger with Khedira and Lahm not competing for attacking space on the right from the middle. This allowed Khedira to have much more control of his spot, Kroos to play centrally as he should, and Schweinsteiger to pull up and hold on the left. Also, being able to add Klose in actually helped a ton, as Müller was able to swing in from the right and float more than before, since he had to occupy a more central area to make up for the lack of striker. Now we can manage having a true finisher as well as the floating mastermind of Müller with no trouble. If Reus were around, no matter how clinical and amazing he is, I don't know if he would entirely improve this side without taking out Özil. Assuming that were the case though, we'd have the best front three in the tournament I think, if we don't already. Reus also makes up for defense issues, unlike Özil (as good as both are).

Honestly though, as much credit as we are giving Löw, I think some of this success was partly by accident. Mustafi getting hurt was really what caused all these things to be shown to him, even if everyone else in the world already knew it. Can't not add that last bit. Either way, when Klose is unable to play, I imagine a 4-3-3 would be extremely solid, with I guess Özil being safe in the middle spot, seeing as both Reus and Müller would be making cutting runs to make up for one person being gone. This would also allow for Lahm to play as a good attacking fullback, if he ages well, and Özil to make his best creative work possible. Kroos would still be fine, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Hummels, all fine. Though I think I would rather have Badstuber than Boateng, and we desperately need a better LB.

Who would have been Schmelzer, who's decent, but who was also hurt. Honestly, I would have taken one of Kroos or Khedira out, played the other next to Schweinsteiger, moved Ozil to the middle and then put Reus (or since he's hurt, someone like Schurrle on the left). When it comes right down to it, Germany's greatest weakness in the next few years will be lack of striker. I guess there's still Mario Gomez, but there's very few out and out strikers who seem to fit into this team mould. Maybe Volland? I still kinda like the idea of Wenger trying to turn Draxler into a striker.

Lightning

Banned
Extremely fair points here. I don't understand Wenger love much, he has odd rotation ideas, hasn't accomplished all that much success in a while, and has a very harsh system of rules. As a player, I wouldn't see very many positive reasons to associate myself with Arsenal at fault of him, even with things he has accomplished. Besides that, he is well known for reluctance in the transfer market, which would make me so angry if I were an Arsenal supporter.
Wenger has done a lot for Arsenal that deserves so much credit. When Wenger came into Arsenal we were not as big a club as we are now, played boring football. He transformed us and gave us a platform. We laugh and mock the 4th and 3rd place finishes but it's still a high standard and the stadium was the reason for the transfer reluctance. He sacrificed himself for the benefit of the clubs financial situation aa he got the most out of ordinary teams and seen us through a time where our only budget came from player sales and we still didn't drop out. We have money mow again and distinct change in policy, quality like özil and soon Sanchez coming in, that was unheard of before.

Such success we didn't really expect before Wenger now gets taken for granted in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom