• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

If you don't rate Alba, you're an idiot. Simple as that.

Very good in defense, fantastic in attack, incredible energy and pace. Utter, utter cunt, but still.

Not thinking Alba is better than Zabaleta doesn't mean "I don't rate him." With that being said, Jordi Alba looked positively ordinary this year (2 assists, no goals, nearly 1 yellow card per 3 games) because his teammates didn't lift him up as they've done in the past. Kolarov was basically better than Alba in every statistic other than passing accuracy. In both defense and attack. Do I think he's better? No, certainly not, but he's closer to Alba than Alba is to Zabaleta.

Apparently Meier has never heard of Łukasz Piszczek

:p

Good player, not at the level of Zabaleta or Lahm though. Zaba was tied for 3rd most tackles per game in the Premier League and he had 6 assists (even with Lallana for instance). You don't usually see a player who does both.

Wilbur

Banned
Zabaleta is a pretty good full back who is more notable for his spirit and commitment than quality. He is not one of the very best full backs in the world. Sagna is better.

Not thinking Alba is better than Zabaleta doesn't mean "I don't rate him." With that being said, Jordi Alba looked positively ordinary this year (2 assists, no goals, nearly 1 yellow card per 3 games) because his teammates didn't lift him up as they've done in the past. Kolarov was basically better than Alba in every statistic other than passing accuracy. In both defense and attack. Do I think he's better? No, certainly not, but he's closer to Alba than Alba is to Zabaleta.

Good player, not at the level of Zabaleta or Lahm though. Zaba was tied for 3rd most tackles per game in the Premier League and he had 6 assists (even with Lallana for instance). You don't usually see a player who does both.

Piszczek was markedly better than Lahm when healthy. This is coming from a Bayern fan who thinks Lahm's touched by angels.

I remember when Rooney scored for Everton on his debut against arsenal and loads of people hyped him to be the next goat

Now he is quite literally a goat

A fat lazy goat

Meier

Zabaleta is a pretty good full back who is more notable for his spirit and commitment than quality. He is not one of the very best full backs in the world. Sagna is better.

Sagna is a very capable back-up which is going to be a huge bonus, but he isn't better. You're right though, Zabaleta's spirit and commitment is second to none.

zabaleta.jpg

WbndabN.jpg

451935794-pablo-zabaleta-of-argentina-celebrates-with-gettyimages.jpg

A hero and a legend.

p.s. What the fuck at that Chris Smalling head wound against Bilbao. I totally missed that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Please step up the transfer efforts Wooders, tour starts in two weeks

subtles

Some goomba on RAWK is saying we're signing Bony for some ridiculous fee (he says 25m).

If true; I find it strange that the club, apparently expecting Luis to be gone as far back as November, couldn't think of a better and/or cheaper option.

Aspas digs deep.

Jarnet87

Kuyt is the key, we need someone van Ghaleon trusts to play every position. RB, LB, RW, LW, CM, AM, CF, ST. Kuyt is the key to lifting the premier league trophy again. Believe.

pulga

Banned
So how much are we betting are Germany gonna put past Argentina? Argentina have bluffed their way to the final, as a team they look real shit. Germany...Germany is fucking scary.

edit: and khedira made 17 appearances for Real Madrid this season, not even a starter
s

i just needed to quote this shameful display of ignorance. While I agree Khedira is jokes, he didn't start for us because he was injured for the better part of the season lol

Piszczek in 2011/12.

4 goals 7 assists. 1 key pass per game, and 1.4(!) successful dribbles per game. While making every winger in the BL his bitch. Pretty incredible season.

FootballFan

In a few years we'll have to edit our posts and change 'Messi' to 'Adnan'

Yep. Then we'll have people saying "messi was much better, no way Adnan is the greatest" because they can't accept reality.

Adnan is the next dinho, with messi's left foot and Beckham's style/looks.

Meier

Bony would be very good in Liverpool's system I think. He squanders a decent number of chances, but LFC creates a ton and I could see him getting well over 20 goals in the league.

Beckham's style/looks.

Wait. You're really suggesting Adnan is a handsome guy, let alone one of the best looking dudes on earth? Haha.

Please step up the transfer efforts Wooders, tour starts in two weeks

He's on a yacht drinking cocktails with the glazers and telling them how he's been able to sign not just one but two players this summer

Uniteds dealings are done. Wooders number line only goes up to 2

So how much are we betting are Germany gonna put past Argentina? Argentina have bluffed their way to the final, as a team they look real shit. Germany...Germany is fucking scary.
l

Finals don't work this way. I'm going with the South American team on South American soil.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Argentina have bluffed their way at all. They haven't sparkled, but they've been the better side in all of their matches so far, however narrowly. Defence are far better than I thought they would be, it's their attack letting them down. They're certainly not the most exciting team, but I can't really argue against them being in the final.

I don't think Argentina have bluffed their way at all. They haven't sparkled, but they've been the better side in all of their matches so far, however narrowly. Defence are far better than I thought they would be, it's their attack letting them down. They're certainly not the most exciting team, but I can't really argue against them being in the final.

Thought Bosnia was better for the vast majority of their 2-1 game.

pulga

Banned

You're honestly saying they were the better side today? Get real, baby. Holland should've shattered them but LvG went complete pussy. Holland went full Moyes, but instead of crosses, it was backpasses. Jesus Christ, I thought that shit died with Spain.

K1LLER7

Robben had the best chance and he took an extra touch.

Brazil v Holland should be a decent game. Wonder if any players will be rested.

I want a striker who can play wider, so we don't have to shove Sturrudge there to keep the new guy happy. Remy is the only one I can think of who'd fulfil that role properly

Meier

Happy for Demichelis. He was great today -- on the whole, Argentina's defense has been far better than I think anyone could have imagined.

Robben had the best chance and he took an extra touch.

Brazil v Holland should be a decent game. Wonder if any players will be rested.

Want Robben on the bench

Picking up an injury in a meaningless game that knocks him out for half the season totally sounds like something he'd do.

Jarnet87

Was that in normal time? Think that was ET.

Robbem could and probably should have finished the game with that chance.

Hope Messi turns up in the final. Biggest game of his career. Go on lad.

Messi shit for 90 minutes, Aguero dives and gets a pen. Messi converts. Man of the Tournament. Moyes.

Meier

Was that in normal time? Think that was ET.

Robbem could and probably should have finished the game with that chance.

Yeah, Palacio's was in regular time. As far as Robben goes, are you talking about the one Mascherano blocked? Palacio really had no excuse for not doing better so I'd go with his chance being the more clear cut one.

K1LLER7

"Louis van Gaal says two Dutch players refused to take the 1st penalty in their semi-final shootout defeat, before ending up with Ron Vlaar"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom