• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Beyond Skrtel's goalscoring prowess and his CL experience, I think he's fairly dispensable. If Rodgers wants one-on-one defenders, Skrtel is not the answer. I can see him going if we get £10m.

Like Arnie said above, aside from a couple of high profile fuck-ups that stick in everyone's memory, I thought Skrtel was generally immense last year. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should hold on to him whatever offer comes in, and £10m would probably be tempting, but £5m is massively undervaluing him.

Agger had a much worse season, and is the same age, but there's no way we'd let him leave for that money.

Zabojnik

With Iturbe and the 4-3-3 formation I think Juve actually has a chance of getting out of the group stage in the CL this year.

YES FRANK! It'll be interesting to see how (if!) our defense adapts to 4-3-3.

Yurt, Zabo, Juve-Bros.

Vidal for 30m with an additional 7m if we win the PL or CL.

Enjoy Evra.

Why is the price getting lower and lower? That's not how bidding wars work.
There is not bidding war, Vidal only wants United.

Van Gaal: "The issue is you score the 1st penalty & I asked 2 players to take 1st ball before ending up with Vlaar"

Reminds me of what Lippi said when they asked him how he came up with the 5 penalty takers in the 2006 final. "Nobody else wanted to shoot."

Arnie

Being linked with Benzema in the press this morning.

No thx.
Jesus fuck no.

Hell no.

Please, no.
Quiet you, Levy doesn't do release clauses. At worst there is a 'gentlemen's agreement', Levy would never limit a transfer fee contractually.

Anyway great news on the contract because it nips any possible transfer saga in the bud, now we can get on with our pre-season. It's been a long time since we had a proper one, the last 3 have all been ruined , twice by Modric and then Bale.
If you don't get Champions League football this coming season I guarantee that Lloris leaves next summer.

That's football, and this new contract will ensure the player gets what he wants, in return for what you want this summer (stability).

Lightning

Banned
If Vidal is available expect a massive bidding war. I would be astounded if Madrid and Bayern didn't jump on his availability.

Unless Spurs start spending how do they expect to get into the top 4? As things currently stand they have about as much chance as Everton which is very little.

Blablurn

2057115010-bayern-trainingsauftakt-1tcUwt9QWCef.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jesus fuck no.

Hell no.

Please, no.

If you don't get Champions League football this coming season I guarantee that Lloris leaves next summer.

That's football, and this new contract will ensure the player gets what he wants, in return for what you want this summer (stability).

Well of course he will leave in that situation, I'm just saying it won't be because of an actual clause in his contract. Bale signed a new contract the summer before he left but there was no release clause, Modric the same. Levy doesn't do those.

If Vidal is available expect a massive bidding war. I would be astounded if Madrid and Bayern didn't jump on his availability.

Unless Spurs start spending how do they expect to get into the top 4? As things currently stand they have about as much chance as Everton which is very little.

Well we will spend, we want Davies for LB, a CB and a striker. We 're working on it. Lamela is effectively a new signing as well, he started 3 league games last season.

pulga

Banned
No, but he'll cost £40m and will force Sturridge out on the wing. Plus it'd properly destroy Turok.

He's absolutely not going anyway, only way he mightve gone was if Suarez came in. Plus, the Falcao thing seems to have gone cold for the moment.

3Sixty

Ronald Koeman @Koeman1963 · 8h

Proud of the Dutch team! The best was @RonVlaar4 ! Now for the third place!

Let that public tapping up commence.

Gambit

He already looks more comfortable in red than Götze ever has.

hnnngggg dat light suit

god i want a new metroid so fucking bad

So do I! but no Prime 4, I want something new. Or at least set after Fusion.

And I just read up on the Kroos discussion before. Of course, he's not better than Messi, but that's not his role either. He has been the most consistent German midfielder and is having a great world cup. The suggestion that Khedira has been better is ludicrous as well. He has had ONE good/great game now.

Lightning

Banned
Ronald Koeman @Koeman1963 · 8h

Proud of the Dutch team! The best was @RonVlaar4 ! Now for the third place!

Let that public tapping up commence.
Koeman is right. We can be proud of that performance in the world cup and we need to try and beat Brazil now. Gonna be hard with our tired squad but even if we lose we gave everything and one can't ask for more than that.

Jokes aside, Vlaar is still incredibly average. Been great this world cup but still an incredibly average player. LvG done well to get the best out of him though.

Or Levy told him that the only way he gets his dream move if he signs a new contract now.
Probably something along the lines that he will allow a transfer if the club fails to achieve certain targets. Lloris has spoken of wanting CL football but he's just the beginning. Vertonghen and Eriksen won't stick around either if Spurs don't achieve CL football shortly.

pulga

Banned
Morsel give plugs two hours back to him right now!

dont worry about it m8 its inconsequential, boss told me not to worry about it since ive been working my butt off *fistpump*

He already looks more comfortable in red than Götze ever has.

So do I! but no Prime 4, I want something new. Or at least set after Fusion.

And I just read up on the Kroos discussion before. Of course, he's not better than Messi, but that's not his role either. He has been the most consistent German midfielder and is having a great world cup. The suggestion that Khedira has been better is ludicrous as well. He has had ONE good/great game now.

cant we just get Prime 4 and a 2D Metroid for 3DS? It's not like theyve never done that before :(

also, I wasnt saying he's better than Messi (obviously he isnt), I was saying he's impressed me more at this WC than Messi has. And the sudden revisionist history here on Khedira is amazing, innit? lololololol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United GAF muppeting over dailymail stories, new low.

Welcome Probity ;)

Pulg, please don't use the number of passes and completion % in an argument again :lol Xavi-esque. Chiellini is the fucking WORST passer in Italy by a large fucking mile but his passing % is always in the 90s

That jaw looks like the jaw on Plug's cartoon Ronaldo avatar.

So since Yurt is asleep, how does his sister look like?
Hmmm a bit of Hayden and Christina Aguilera.

pulga

Banned
United GAF muppeting over dailymail stories, new low.

Welcome Probity ;)

Pulg, please don't use the number of passes and completion % in an argument again :lol Xavi-esque. Chiellini is the fucking WORST passer in Italy by a large fucking mile but his passing % is always in the 90s

Hmmm a bit of Hayden and Christina Aguilera.

Its relevant when the player is the one with most passes in the game and at the same time has the highest %, no? Or does Chiellini play 100 passes per game?

Ushojax

Probably something along the lines that he will allow a transfer if the club fails to achieve certain targets. Lloris has spoken of wanting CL football but he's just the beginning. Vertonghen and Eriksen won't stick around either if Spurs don't achieve CL football shortly.

Nobody gives a fuck about Vertonghen, if I had my way he would be slung out instead of Dawson.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Its relevant when the player is the one with most passes in the game and at the same time has the highest %, no? Or does Chiellini play 100 passes per game?

He does. He's always a few passes behind Pirlo and sometimes Bonucci.

the stat means nothing. Believe me, if Kroos was THAT good, Bayern wouldn't even consider selling him. Kinda like you guys and Morata. They have a history of forcing their good players to stay.

Kroos IS good, but he's not great.

Probity

the stat means nothing.

Yeah, you can make a million passes, but really it matters more if you have a lot of key passes or assists if you want to look at passing statistics. That is why judging midfielders and defenders is so much more difficult than it is forwards.

So Sanchez should be announced today, right?

Good news.

Debuchy next, Schneiderlin/Khedira, Remy and new GK and we should be challenging for the title next season.

pulga

Banned

the stat means nothing. Believe me, if Kroos was THAT good, Bayern wouldn't even consider selling him. Kinda like you guys and Morata. They have a history of forcing their good players to stay.

Now you're just deliberately lying

FEQDraA.png

and Bayern DONT want to sell him you egg, Kroos doesnt want to sign a new contract so they are forced to sell him now or let him go on a free next summer.

Why are you being deliberately obtuse? Go take out your Vidal frustrations somewhere else m8, Toni is class.

Zabojnik

I don't necessarily disagree in principle, but we're talking Real and Bayern here. They can replace a WC player with another WC player in a matter of weeks, maybe days, if they need to. And they don't, not really, since they already have a squad full of top players. Losing Vidal would be tragic for us, losing a Vidal (a potential one, in we're talking Morata) means much, much less to clubs like Real, Bayern and oiled cunt clubs.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
So many news sources and other general internet ITK's have been so wrong about Sanchez's announcement. Since the start of the week the announcement has always been coming "today or tomorrow!"

Today is the day people! Anyone with any sort of business skills should know and understand that with a kit launch you want pictures to be all over the web / newspapers. What better way than having a marquee signing coming out on stage to model the new kit, someone that is going to get the back pages in many newspapers! Puma have already had the kit(s) leaked all over the internet and possibly in newspapers, so the kit launch tonight probably isnt going to grab many column inches by itself, but I guarantee you that tomorrow morning, 80% of the back pages in the UK will be a picture of Sanchez in the new Puma Kit.

My absolute prediction: Either Sanchez will the be first player out to model the kit or it will be a "one more thing" type scenario.

Ushojax

Verstronghen is great

He had a shit season last year and put in 50% effort at best, I will never forget that 6th goal at Man City. There is a reason nobody is trying to buy him this summer.

When he can be bothered he is fantastic, but he didn't have one standout game last season. At least players like Dawson leave everything on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom