• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Its a shitty move, but you have to understand the player might also be scared of hurting himself and jeopardizing the transfer.

It also helps motivate the side that's about to pay 80+ for you lol. It looks like the deal is really close anyway, so at most he might sit out 2 friendlies.

I understand why the player does it. Just very cuntish thing to do, being a "professional" and all.

What has Monaco done to James other than take him to an irrelevant league and pay him millions? They're waiting for a bid for him that they deem worth it.

James and these other players that do this should keep their head down and let the agent/clubs do the rest.

Imagine that with any other job.

"hey boss, I know you're paying me to work and I'm contracted to do so, but I want to go to that other company so I'm just gonna stop doing my job here. don't stop paying me until I get the new job pls. Thx"

But in other jobs you are free to quit whenever you want and go somewhere else.

I've been swinging ketlebells at halftime so no weight gain here.

I keep meaning to buy some and just use them whenever I am watching something at home.

btw im drunk and i have the urge to stab muself in the leg with my SOG SEAL pup knife.

Just ask yourself "Would Indy or Drake do this?"

Messi

Hyped for a player you don't need? Okay.

Please this is Madrid he is talking about. They are already over Bale. Onto the next superstar. The fans of clubs like Real and Barça are spoiled rotten. It leads to them becoming demanding and restless when they don't get what they want.

Herr K

Banned
Please this is Madrid he is talking about. They are already over Bale. Onto the next superstar. The fans of clubs like Real and Barça are spoiled rotten. It leads to them becoming demanding and restless when they don't get what they want.

go ly down brian

Tubie

It hasn't always been like this, so let me enjoy it. I still remember that summer of Capello where Emerson and Diarra were the big signings....

stagnancy is death

True, but James does represent stagnancy. The attack (aside from Benzema) is already as good as it possibly gets. What is James going to bring that Di Maria or Isco can't do? They should try spending a lot on defenders. You don't know how Ramos or Pepe will perform. Pepe was brilliant last season, but was shite the year before if I'm remembering right (I hope). You could say the same for their fullbacks. Can be brilliant or shit.

At Bayern, you know exactly what you'll get from Alaba or Lahm. They're going to be good. No ifs. Can't say the same for Madrid.

Blablurn

True, but James does represent stagnancy. They should try spending a lot on defenders. You don't know how Ramos or Pepe will perform. Pepe was brilliant last season, but was shite the year before. You could say the same for their fullbacks. Can be brilliant or shit. The attack (aside from Benzema) is already as good as it possibly gets. What is James going to bring that Di Maria or Isco can't do?

Agreed. But there are not soooo many good defenders out there. I guess everyone is just waiting for Hummels to be available lol.

Tubie

True, but James does represent stagnancy. The attack (aside from Benzema) is already as good as it possibly gets. What is James going to bring that Di Maria or Isco can't do? They should try spending a lot on defenders. You don't know how Ramos or Pepe will perform. Pepe was brilliant last season, but was shite the year before if I'm remembering right (I hope). You could say the same for their fullbacks. Can be brilliant or shit.

At Bayern, you know exactly what you'll get from Alaba or Lahm. They're going to be good. No ifs. Can't say the same for Madrid.

We have a problem, and that problem is having 3 world class CBs. Pepe is proven, and won't let you down (5% chance he goes mental and gets a red card and 5 match ban tho). Varane is amazing and probably will be one of the best in 1-2 years, but he is demanding more minutes. At LB we have Marcelo and Cuntrao, which are both good. The only defensive position we could improve is RB, because a training cone is better than Arbeloa, but we do have Carvajal who is young and really really good.

If you were Madrid and had 100m budgeted every summer for signings who would you buy this summer?

Tubie

Well. If they sell Isco and Di Mario for 40m each their transfer window didint look that bad in the end.

Di Maria won't go for less than 50, more like 60. Apparently PSG wants him and is willing to pay that but they need to sell first before going all in for him, because of FFP.

Isco is kinda fucked, and he already said he doesn't want to leave, which is like even worse for his career.

Blablurn

Di Maria won't go for less than 50, more like 60. Apparently PSG wants him and is willing to pay that but they need to sell first before going all in for him, because of FFP.

Isco is kinda fucked, and he already said he doesn't want to leave, which is like even worse for his career.

I have no idea why I wrote Isco. I meant Khedira of course lol.

Tubie

I have no idea why I wrote Isco. I meant Khedira of course lol.

Well you weren't wrong, apparently Milan and Liverpool have asked about him.

I'm afraid Madrid will be afflicted with Khedira for a few more years, he just wants a new contract. Yay, more of him running forward getting an easy chance and missing 95% of the time. If only he stayed back all the time and focused on the only thing he's good at.

He should not go to Italy, what are the chances of the Man U transfer happening?

We need a center back. Hummels doesn't want to move, Verm is average, I wouldn't mind DeVrij.

Problem is because of LVG we get linked for Dutch players so much it's hard to seperate genuine interest from made up shit.

But I really don't know where else would United go for a new CB.

LNBL

We need a center back. Hummels doesn't want to move, Verm is average, I wouldn't mind DeVrij.

Problem is because of LVG we get linked for Dutch players so much it's hard to seperate genuine interest from made up shit.

Lovren still plays for Southampton right? Is he not an option?

DeVrij has put on hold agreeing with Lazio expecting a move to United.

Barca hasn't actually bid for Blind.

There is an expectation that Vidal bid will happen on US tour.

Edit: Also, linked from reddit, for United GAF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY4i80q5ZVA&list=TLJ852BP128L4oY-0Qmt7LsEOAABOa9FcH

Manchester United - Once in a lifetime

I don't like his videos. He uses a speech in every one of his videos and a lot of times are from some unrelated movie.

Lovren still plays for Southampton right? Is he not an option?

Lovren wants to move to Liverpool I believe. He also will cost 20m+ pounds while De Vrij would be 8-10m.

I don't like his videos. He uses a speech in every one of his videos and a lot of times are from some unrelated movie.

The speech part was off putting, rest of the video was fine. This best video I like is one he made before Barca-Man U final.

LNBL

Lovren wants to move to Liverpool I believe. He also will cost 20m+ pounds while De Vrij would be 8-10m.

The speech part was off putting, rest of the video was fine. This best video I like is one he made before Barca-Man U final.

True, De Vrij really suprised me during the World Cup and played very solid matches. The only "mistake" I can remember in all the matches is the undeserved penalty for Diego Costa (asshole). I'm certain LvG can make him even better if they work together at Man U.

Lightning

Banned

You're getting Verm. Enjoy.

You're getting Verm. Enjoy.

Oh I will. I love Belgium people! Or at least the ONE Belgian person I have met till now has been great!

Also, LVG Training changes:

x0MfO6g.png

More Info:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaals-manchester-united-3885171

- Sleep Pods
- Night Training
- Concentrating on first team only for now
- Players have to eat together
- More hands-on training

omgkitty

Oh I will. I love Belgium people! Or at least the ONE Belgian person I have met till now has been great!

Also, LVG Training changes:

x0MfO6g.png

More Info:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaals-manchester-united-3885171

- Sleep Pods
- Night Training
- Concentrating on first team only for now
- Players have to eat together
- More hands-on training

Sometimes huge drastic changes work, and sometimes it just really pisses players off. Definitely can see a Rooney bust up coming soon.

Sometimes huge drastic changes work, and sometimes it just really pisses players off. Definitely can see a Rooney bust up coming soon.

I think if Rooney swallows some pride he can really prosper under LVG. Rooney of old, with the high work rate, being able to help out in the back, he is the kind of guy LVG would like.

If Rooney acts like the club owes him something he will be gone soon.

Pavlov

Banned
Hngh how did I miss Lahm's retirement from the national team. He chose the perfect moment though.

I missed it too. Will never understand players who retire at 30 w.o citing injury or major decline. The managers must hate it. For England I've always thought Shearer and Scholes might have got them over the line in those close 2002 and 2006 quarters if they were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom