• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

From Spanish´s bookie Luckia.

Odds on Suarez biting Pepe and/or Sergio Ramos next season 21/1, Ronaldo 51/1, any other player 18/1.

Start investing for retirement right now!

mordedura.jpg

giphy.gif

Tubie

From Spanish´s bookie Luckia.

Odds on Suarez biting Pepe and/or Sergio Ramos next season 21/1, Ronaldo 51/1, any other player 18/1.

Start investing for retirement right now!

mordedura.jpg

giphy.gif

Why did Barca get into this mess on purpose. You guys need Laporta back ASAP.

Tubie

I'm just wondering right now, sorry if it's a dumb question, what did Tottenham do with the Bale money?

Second question is: what is Liverpool doing with Suarez money?

Linius

I'm just wondering right now, sorry if it's a dumb question, what did Tottenham do with the Bale money?

Madrid is paying Spurs over numerous installments, the Bale transfer is part of their infamous debt amount. So Spurs don't have the money yet. Only parts.

spidye

Don't worry Bayern have already launched their Secret Operation "Lethargy and Complacency" against Real Madrid.

I'm sorry Kroos, you did well for us, but WHY REAL FFS... couldnt you have chosen United???
Secret agent kroos is going to destroy the high speed football of ancelotti

Thanks to juve and injuring kroos we won the triple that year.

Arnie

Eh. Sign up for a club that epitomises dysfunctional greed - can't exactly say it came out of the blue.
Bang on.

Too often players don't show the duty of care for their own careers when angling for big moves. It's alright saying you play for Real Madrid and taking home the big wage but ultimately your ability will stagnate and you'll be left behind.

Isco needed to spend last season playing every single match. If he doesn't do that next season he's really going to struggle.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For the new page:
Can we have an Italian title pls?

OT: c'è poco da stare allegri
-

Nedved's interview on Tuttosport is a good read

tutjul20_0.jpg

Regarding Conte

“Anyone who thinks Antonio Conte resigned due to the transfer strategy is wrong. Our plan is clear: we want to keep all our best players, including Vidal and Pogba.

Regarding Vidal

“We don’t want to sell anyone, especially not Vidal. Of course, if a particularly high offer arrived then we’d have to think about it, but we don’t want to sell our champions.

“We want to be competitive in the Champions League and the only sales will be players who are not part of our plans.”

And this one is REALLY surprising LOOOOL

Nedved surprisingly sided with Uruguay striker Suarez after his four-month ban for biting Italy and Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini.

“I was very angry with Chiellini for his reaction, as he behaved like a child showing the bite mark to the referee.

“I talked about it with Beppe Marotta and I’ll discuss it with him directly. In any case, Giorgio showed intelligence over the next few days when he asked FIFA to reduce the ban.

“Suarez is a great player and I’d sign him straight away for Juventus. In fact, we were on the verge of getting him two years ago and I was fully in agreement. He’s a champion and that is all.

“I have played on the pitch, so I know what it’s like to have a little tantrum.”

apparently we were close to Suarez two years ago? Back in the RVP to Juve days IIRC.

P.S. Nedved is a board member.

Tubie

Bang on.

Too often players don't show the duty of care for their own careers when angling for big moves. It's alright saying you play for Real Madrid and taking home the big wage but ultimately your ability will stagnate and you'll be left behind.

Isco needed to spend last season playing every single match. If he doesn't do that next season he's really going to struggle.

I agree 100%

The problem is no player thinks he will be "that guy" who fails and ends up in Europa football tier. Isco would do wonders for his career by moving to Liverpool. I don't understand why he would just outright say no like he did right away. It's not like he would earn less, he would get a wage bump at Liverpool, and way more playtime.

Arnie

I agree 100%

The problem is no player thinks he will be "that guy" who fails and end up in Europa football tier. Isco would do wonders for his career by moving to Liverpool, I don't understand why he would just outright say no like he did. It's not like he would earn less, he would get a wage bump at Liverpool.
I suppose he wanted the prestige of playing Real Madrid.

It's odd though, a player like Isco could still go to a massive club (Liverpool, United, Chelsea) and become a star there, rather than be a bit-part in a much bigger enterprise.

Reading The Sunday Times now, Duncan Castles says that United only said LVG didn't want Kroos to save face once the player had snubbed them.

Clegg

I suppose he wanted the prestige of playing Real Madrid.

It's odd though, a player like Isco could still go to a massive club (Liverpool, United, Chelsea) and become a star there, rather than be a bit-part in a much bigger enterprise.

Reading The Sunday Times now, Duncan Castles says that United only said LVG didn't want Kroos to save face once the player had snubbed them.
The Kroos snub is old news at this stage afaik.

Tubie

I still don't get why we got Kroos.

I guess he will be great, once Alonso retires and goes back to Real Sociedad, or the MLS in 2 years.

Sorry, Pulga died for Kroos. I hope he does good for us.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Second question is: what is Liverpool doing with Suarez money?

1. Bought a bunch of squad players.

2. Buying a bunch of squad players.

Arnie

The Kroos snub is old news at this stage afaik.
Is it?

I thought the talk was LVG didn't want him? Not that Kroos had turned you down.
1. Bought a bunch of squad players.

2. Buying a bunch of squad players.
You're going to be in bits when our signings turn out to be good, aren't you?

I think Markovic will have a bigger impact than Lamela. I think Can will have a bigger impact that Paulinho. I think Lovren will have a bigger impact than Vlad. I think Remy will have a bigger impact than Soldado. I even think Lallana will have a bigger impact than Eriksen.

And crucially, crucially, we've got Brendan Rodgers.

Wilbur

Banned
For the new page:
Can we have an Italian title pls?

OT: c'è poco da stare allegri
-

Nedved's interview on Tuttosport is a good read

And this one is REALLY surprising LOOOOL

apparently we were close to Suarez two years ago? Back in the RVP to Juve days IIRC.

P.S. Nedved is a board member.

Such a redundant thing to say:

the only sales will be players who are not part of our plans.”

Of course, if a particularly high offer arrived then we’d have to think about it

dat full amount

Clegg

Is it?

I thought the talk was LVG didn't want him? Not that Kroos had turned you down.

You're going to be in bits when our signings turn out to be good, aren't you?

I think Markovic will have a bigger impact than Lamela. I think Can will have a bigger impact that Paulinho. I think Lovren will have a bigger impact than Vlad. I think Remy will have a bigger impact than Soldado. I even think Lallana will have a bigger impact than Eriksen.

And crucially, crucially, we've got Brendan Rodgers.
Think I remember reading articles that seemed very dismissive of the notion that we didn't want Kroos. Didn't outright state that he said no to us, but it was heavily implied.

Linius

Apparently De Vrij has stated he's no longer interested in Lazio and is keen on a move to Manchester. So all it takes now is for United to offer the right amount of money and he's off to England.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I just hope we dont lose every fucking pre season game, last year was a joke.

Rad-

Apparently De Vrij has stated he's no longer interested in Lazio and is keen on a move to Manchester. So all it takes now is for United to offer the right amount of money and he's off to England.

Much rather get him than Vermaelen. Ugh.

Clegg

De Vrij looks useful, but we already have enough young defenders. Need an experienced head to help us along. One who isn't Vlaar or Vermaelen.

Clegg

After reading up on LvG's preferred tactics, quick passing and high pressing, I really can't see any place for Fellaini in the squad. Or for most of our midfield tbh. A fit Carrick would be OK because he conducts the play. From what little I've seen of Herrera he looks like he could fit that style too. The rest haven't a hope.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We ALWAYS suck in preseason even with Conte, so I hope our shitty fans don't start jeering the team or something equally as stupid

WJD

Been helping the missus look after a severely autistic boy this weekend and I went for a shower this morning, dried myself with what I thought was a clean towel, flipped it over and there was poo on it :(

L1NETT

Have Arsenal really bid for Carvalho. Reports saying it was rejected...

He was the lumbering bloke from Portugal who looked slower than public wifi right

---

Also James Hanson to Millwall being rumoured

Please no

I DEMAND Pogba with the cash we get.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Been helping the missus look after a severely autistic boy this weekend and I went for a shower this morning, dried myself with what I thought was a clean towel, flipped it over and there was poo on it :(

Will:

Helps an autistic kid for the weekend

wipes his face with POO

Reason #112 for being an atheist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom