• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Congratulations on your club

Bs70DGZCAAAkTTh.jpg:large

Hindle

Banned
again?

simeonemassa.png

Mourinho won't come back to Inter in their current state, forget it.

I think Mourinho will be mostly done with club football when he goes back to Inter. I think he'll take the job just for the money, and to be fair, he does love the club and it's fans.

Hixx

Di Marzio has said Arsenal are interested in Gino Peruzzi from Catania. Don't know anything about the guy.

Is he good?

He's really highly rated, we were pretty close to signing him last summer but he failed the medical with a long-standing ankle problem. Think he got fit for Catania towards the end of last season?

Like all leagues Tbf.

Not one player in the EPL that doesn't start for man city, Chelsea, manutd, Liverpool or arsenal would make Barca B for example.

/Shield

We took Barca B's captain a few years back and he ended up going down as one of our worst ever players.

WHEN WE WERE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Nicktendo86

Oh I will. I love Belgium people! Or at least the ONE Belgian person I have met till now has been great!

Also, LVG Training changes:

x0MfO6g.png

More Info:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaals-manchester-united-3885171

- Sleep Pods
- Night Training
- Concentrating on first team only for now
- Players have to eat together
- More hands-on training

These just make fucking sense. They play half their games at OT, let's make the training conditions similar so they are used to plying on those conditions. Also games are played at night under lights, let's train under those conditiona too. So simple, why wasn't this done before?

As for players getting pissed at change, fuck them. They are paid stupid money to kick a ball around, the little diddums can adapt.

sohois

Carvalho was once heavily linked with United, prompting endless gifs of him doing not much. I daresay Salazar has some residual defensive reaction to him being brought up.

I think ridiculing him for crappy World Cup performances is a little silly in any case, just as overrating players based on a few matches is also foolish. By all accounts he is a fairly promising young midfielder, but Sporting won't sell for less than his clause, Arsenal won't pay that much and he probably isn't worth it yet

Barzul

Sport witness did an analysis of the Carvalho story. They actually read and translated the printed article not the online version which doesn't contain all the information. Sporting would actually be willing to sell for the purported 30m euros bid, the only issue was that we were offering to pay in installments and they want the money upfront. This suggests that if we go back with a bid structured as a lump sum, it'll be accepted. They were hoping he would have an amazing WC to boost his price. That didn't happen. I am particularly interested because he has the ability to play DM and CB effectively replacing Sagna's role in the team. He also reportedly supported us growing up so that's always good. You can't use the WC to judge a players ability. It's 3 - 6 games compared to a whole seasons worth e.g. Fernandinho. Overall, I think it would be a good buy at that price. We wouldn't pay his RC. Wenger would wait it out. His comments of how the longer you wait in the window, players might become available starts to really stand out when reports like this come out. There is also another possibility, all this may just be Sporting letting the world know that Willy C is available at this price but only as a lump sum.

Salvadora

Sport witness did an analysis of the Carvalho story. They actually read and translated the printed article not the online version which doesn't contain all the information. Sporting would actually be willing to sell for the purported 30m euros bid, the only issue was that we were offering to pay in installments and they want the money upfront. This suggests that if we go back with a bid structured as a lump sum, it'll be accepted. They were hoping he would have an amazing WC to boost his price. That didn't happen. I am particularly interested because he has the ability to play DM and CB effectively replacing Sagna's role in the team. He also reportedly supported us growing up so that's always good. You can't use the WC to judge a players ability. It's 3 - 6 games compared to a whole seasons worth e.g. Fernandinho. Overall, I think it would be a good buy at that price. We wouldn't pay his RC. Wenger would wait it out. His comments of how the longer you wait in the window, players might become available starts to really stand out when reports like this come out. There is also another possibility, all this may just be Sporting letting the world know that Willy C is available at this price but only as a lump sum.
It's likely that it is either Sporting advertising his availability or his agent doing so.

Either way, he ain't coming to Arsenal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wouldn't mind a job down there. If (when) you get fired, please tell them you know a guy.
hahah! You know, there's a training course in Slovenia, the next time they send our staff there I'm going to butt in!

I"M COMING FOR YOU MASSIVE BOOBS LADY
Duncan Castles and Di Marzio both really annoy me.
haha Di Marizio?!? He's just a robot that reports news. It's like being annoyed at Sunhi <3 or The Robot That Quotes, Fady <3<3<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom