• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

god fucking dammit how the hell does one take a screenshot on a PC

need to serve some crow here

THERES NO PRNT SCREEN BUTTON ON THIS ITALIAN KEYBOARD SABJHADJSD

You didn't have that wank in the end, did you? Just call in sick and have some sleep.
iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Edit: Wait?! You're at work?? Plug, pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alright GAF since youre being smug fucks, im gonna pull a doicare here and ask you to point out to me where Im wrong.

Show me another CM with better passing statistics than Kroos during the WC or this last season. Comparing a defender which has to play simple passes from back to front is one of the silliest things Ive seen on here.

WC avg passes? DDR is 106 and Pirlo is 90. But it's hard to compare players in the WC since they only play a handful of games.

Season (not in order):
Xavi
Bastian
Matuidi
Busquets
Verratti
Motta
Roberto Trash

and remember, Kroos is in a PEP tiki taka team.

Zabojnik

So next year we could have Iturbe ('93), Morata ('92), Coman ('96) and Berardi ('94) in our squad. Pretty cool, I think. All that's missing is Verratti. :(

FootballFan

WC avg passes? DDR is 106 and Pirlo is 90. But it's hard to compare players in the WC since they only play a handful of games.

Season (not in order):
Xavi
Bastian
Matuidi
Busquets
Verratti
Motta
Roberto Trash

Dat Mascherano man, Argentina just ticks through him. That passing for a cm who was playing CB all season. Hngggg.

Maddox

:lol

Who do you support? Any reason for just lurking?

I support and i'm from Liverpool. I've been trying to post over the past couple of weeks like, but it's like a forum adaptation of mean girls in here sometimes. I don't like to argue about football as much as discussing it, i dunno, its nice to see other fans perspectives rather than just the ones around this city i suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So next year we could have Iturbe ('93), Morata ('92), Coman ('96) and Berardi ('94) in our squad. Pretty cool, I think. All that's missing is Verratti. :(

I thought you meant this season but then I read Berardi :'(

Dat Mascherano man, Argentina just ticks through him. That passing for a cm who was playing CB all season. Hngggg.

Oh right, Mascherano is in midfield now! Add him too then

FootballFan

I support and i'm from Liverpool. I've been trying to post over the past couple of weeks like, but it's like a forum adaptation of mean girls in sometimes. I don't like to argue about football as much as discussing it, i dunno, its nice to see other fans perspectives rather than just the ones around this city i suppose.

Ah I see.

Welcome!

pulga

Banned
How do you know Kroos isn't passing backwards m8? His chances created aren't that great iirc.(here's hoping I am remembering correctly lol)

Didn't know stats were this big of a deal to you Pulga.

Season (not in order):
Xavi
Bastian
Matuidi
Busquets
Verratti
Motta
Roberto Trash

Combined with % please, eh? Keep on spinning bro, anyway dont bother:

Top Midfielders according to Squawka

w1aKckp.jpg

More assists than anyone
Second only to Ozil in key passes (b- but i thought his chances arent that great)
Top Avg Pass Length (clearly not only playing short passes to the side or back)
Highest accuracy + Most passes played

Crow+2.jpg

So many news sources and other general internet ITK's have been so wrong about Sanchez's announcement. Since the start of the week the announcement has always been coming "today or tomorrow!"

Today is the day people! Anyone with any sort of business skills should know and understand that with a kit launch you want pictures to be all over the web / newspapers. What better way than having a marquee signing coming out on stage to model the new kit, someone that is going to get the back pages in many newspapers! Puma have already had the kit(s) leaked all over the internet and possibly in newspapers, so the kit launch tonight probably isnt going to grab many column inches by itself, but I guarantee you that tomorrow morning, 80% of the back pages in the UK will be a picture of Sanchez in the new Puma Kit.

My absolute prediction: Either Sanchez will the be first player out to model the kit or it will be a "one more thing" type scenario.

Hhhnnngg it's like E3 predictions

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OMG he acrually only looked at the WC games.

Mikel and Bradley are in that list hahahahahahahahahaha.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

pulg, I have no horse in this stupid race of yours. All I'm saying is that passing means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

or you know, just ask the Bayern fans about him.

Sneijder - "The players who took a penalty took their responsibility. If you don't take one, you can't miss, right?"

Wonder who these pussies were. Never change, Holland.

Wilbur

Banned
Pulga Jesus Christ :lol

Never took you for a stats whore. Xavi must be your all time favourite player.

Late for work because you couldn't bring yourself to stop arguing on NeoGAF hahahaha

pulga

Banned
Pulga Jesus Christ :lol

Never took you for a stats whore. Xavi must be your all time favourite player.

Late for work because you couldn't bring yourself to stop arguing on NeoGAF hahahaha

Im not, but what better way is there to argue how a CM ala Kroos, Xavi, Gerrard, etc. contributes to the game? Stats exist for a reason. Key passes, Pass #, Pass success %, etc. can paint a picture.

Danchi

Has van Gaal said why Ron Vlaar took the first one? Or why Huntelaar was always left so late (presumably fifth against Costa Rica and then either fourth or fifth last night)?

Scum

Has van Gaal said why Ron Vlaar took the first one? Or why Huntelaar was always left so late (presumably fifth against Costa Rica and then either fourth or fifth last night)?

Something about two players not wanting to go first, so Vlaar went ahead.

Think he said 2 players refused to go first and then he chose Vlaar as first because he had played a great match and his confidence was high.

Im not, but what better way is to argue a CM ala Kroos, Xavi, Gerrard, etc. contribution to the game? Stats exist for a reason.

Sorry to mention God's name in this debate. But Totti has always has average passing completion stats because he tries passes that others players can't possibly see or pull off. Xavi and others play way too many safe and unspectacular passes that go nowhere. Stats only ever tell half the story.

"I asked two players to take the first kick before ending up with Vlaar. I thought he was the best player on the pitch so should have a lot of confidence."

LegoArmo

Any of you geniuses want to help me with my computer?

It won't boot, at one point it said "bad bios checksum", the rest of the time it gets to the windows screen with the loading bar and goes black (which I don't think it should do if the bios aren't POSTing?).

All I did was let Windows Update install something before I turned it off last night. Nothing else changed. Help.

pulga

Banned
Sorry to mention God's name in this debate. But Totti has always have average passing completion stats because he tries passes that others players can't possibly see or pull off. Xavi and others play way too many save and unspectacular passes that go nowhere. Stats only ever tell half the story.

Of course, but here we go again comparing two different positions innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom