• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Badstuber. Y u so awkward?

BsLGRhSIQAAhZ1Y.jpg:large

who in the fuck is that guy in the center of the pic?

edit: Bernat?

kharma45

I thought it was because he doesn't want to play second fiddle?

I was going by James Ducker's article in The Times

Although Evra, who signed a one-year contract extension at Old Trafford in May, would be happy to remain at United, his wife, Sandra, is eager to leave Manchester and the club are loath to stand in his way given his eight and a half years at the club.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/manchesterunited/article4143534.ece

Yen

this is an unpopular opinion but fuck it, LFC need to change our entire backline (including back up, with the exception of Sakho)

The LFC defense tends to scramble and lose focus and shape in too many games and i believe that its stuck in the minds of our long tenure defenders.

We need to get in multiple good and new defenders who dont have that scramble and panic mode
A good leader and organiser would solve most of our problems - Lovren?

I know it's not as straightforwards as this but in selling Sanchez for £35m and Fabregas for £25m, and getting Rakitic for £15m and Suarez for £75m - they've basically upgraded 2 positions for £30m.

Not bad, really.

Especially as Suarez is such a huge upgrade himself.

It's not like he's betraying us. We invoked the extension. Differing reasons he wants to go. He knows he's not first choice anymore.

Evra is going to be missed. Cliche as hell but he really did "get it". Gutted.

Pretty funny Juve are paying him £50k/week though. Mad. They're gonna have to sell to afford that.

I know, and I'm happy for him. Just gonna miss his personality in the team. :/

Wilbur

Banned
I know it's not as straightforwards as this but in selling Sanchez for £35m and Fabregas for £25m, and getting Rakitic for £15m and Suarez for £75m - they've basically upgraded 2 positions for £30m.

Not bad, really.

Not bad at all. It just looks a little worse when you assume Suarez might be banned for a few months and there's a fear that his individualism will be curbed in the make up of the team. But I don't give a fuck.

Desperately need to sort out that defence though. Bought two good keepers as well.

Is it stupid to think of Evra's situation at Man Utd as similar to Luiz's with Brazil?

Sure, he cares, but it doesn't come through in the professionalism of his performances, where he's quite frankly been a lazy defender for the past 2 or 3 years, almost incapable of keeping his brain properly engaged for 90 minutes.

Is it stupid to think of Evra's situation at Man Utd as similar to Luiz's with Brazil?

Sure, he cares, but it doesn't come through in the professionalism of his performances, where he's quite frankly been a lazy defender for the past 2 or 3 years, almost incapable of keeping his brain properly engaged for 90 minutes.

Evra is far better than Luiz and has actually been the best LB in the league few years ago.

The scary thing is that anything can happen a few months from now.

Imagine getting blown away in the group stages.

Conceding goals left and right.

Arsene Wenger conquering all of the domestic competitions.

seppuku

The return of Moyes. Turning the 'David Moyes Is A Genius' banner into a serious thing. Imagine it.

A good leader and organiser would solve most of our problems - Lovren?

I say sell, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson (lol who'd want to buy him? HARRY!!!!)

buy Moreno or R Rodriguez, Ben Davies (as back up for LB) Lovren, Hummels, and a RB, not sure who though

Walshy

this is an unpopular opinion but fuck it, LFC need to change our entire backline (including back up, with the exception of Sakho)

The LFC defense tends to scramble and lose focus and shape in too many games and i believe that its stuck in the minds of our long tenure defenders.

We need to get in multiple good and new defenders who dont have that scramble and panic mode
I fully agree.

Mignolet doesn't convince me at all. Skrtel is impossible to play with despite his good season. Johnson is you know, shit and Enrique/Flanagan aren't good enough to be starters imo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Is that's the case then trust me, he won't play a single minute with Conte.

I say sell, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson (lol who'd want to buy him? HARRY!!!!)

buy Moreno or R Rodriguez, Ben Davies (as back up for LB) Lovren, Hummels, and a RB, not sure who though

Davies would be too expensive to be backup, and I think he'd rather be first choice for Spurs or Swansea than second choice for us

pls dont go full tottenham

we cant leave our defence as is, its no where near good enough, especially when Arsenal, MAn u and other top PL teams are making their attacking options so much more dangerous, its either we take the risk or we run a huge risk of dropping out of the top 5 (yes 5)

Hummels is also an admirer of Van Gaal and would welcome the chance to work with the incoming United manager who, although aware of this, is conscious Dortmund are resistant to selling him.

Hummels’ advisors also acknowledge Dortmund’s stance but believe that once Germany’s World Cup campaign is over it could change, and are hopeful United will step up their bid to prise him from the club

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/10/mats-hummels-van-gaal-manchester-united-borussia-dortmund

Hummels and Vidal - and we'd win the title.

Jarnet87

Was he basically doing you a favour extending his contract, making sure you got a transfer fee for him?

Unless his wages in the interim exceed the transfer fee

I saw the rumors about his wife wanted to move. it's probably that and somewhere in his crazy mind he thought he might still be a first team player. How he came up with that conclusion I'll never know, it was no secret we were looking for a new LB, and Shaw was a big target since March or April. He gave everything for United, and would still be a top quality defender and Fergie and then Moyes not burnt him out.

Stulaw

Oh, and this is the new crest being voted on by past ticket holders apparently (I've lost my reference number so I can't vote).

whufccrestdesign1lqx8u.jpg

It looks fake and I don't like the font. Oh, and the split in the middle is uneven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom