• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagna was boss last season

Savouring the final few hours where we can claim to have the third best player in the world. We can try and convince ourselves that he won't be missed, but it'll be wilful delusion

jtb

Banned
wedward pls be nice to jtb

what is this :(

you've signed fucking Sanchsex how can you be angry today?

it's a great signing. but we still need a few more players before I can feel confident this season is going to feature less humiliations than the last

Lightning

Banned
Sagna was very good last season IMO.

Season before was a disaster but he came back very well.
He was tired a lot, frequently caught up field. He was solid but there was a reason he was on the bench for the world cup.

I'm not thrilled by Debuchy signing but don't see a big difference coming.

wedward

it's a great signing. but we still need a few more players before I can feel confident this season is going to feature less humiliations than the last

At this point GK has to happen. No avoiding that one.

Every paper has reported we are interested in a DM so that hopefully happens.

Another CB and I think we will be ok.

Next summer bring in a stiker and replace podolski.

Would love Griezman but I can't see Wenger bringing in another attacker.

Come on Sviato. You don't seriously believe that we're stupid enough to sell you Garay, at 27, in the WC Argentina squad, for €6 million.
Gentleman's agreement though. I don't think anyone signed anything.

Deal's been done since January, Zenit has been paying since January.

This is just evening out our massive overpayment for Witsel. Based Gazprom foresaw our FFP needs

Carbonox

Jenkinson will play a season's worth of games at Newcastle this season and he'll be good. Damn good.

He's supposed to be one of our main RB targets. Personally he's better than Tavernier who we just sold so I guess our RB's being Janmaat and Jenkinson wouldn't be bad at all. Ryan Taylor keeps dying so can't rely on him.

jtb

Banned
At this point GK has to happen. No avoiding that one.

Every paper has reported we are interested in a DM so that hopefully happens.

Another CB and I think we will be ok.

Next summer bring in a stiker and replace podolski.

Would love Griezman but I can't see Wenger bringing in another attacker.

let's say Wenger is in the market for one and only one more attacking-ish player and it was a choice between Remy or Griezmann. which do you pick? that would be a tricky choice for me, but a lot would depend on how well Sanchez can hypothetically play up front.

Salvadora

Savouring the final few hours where we can claim to have the third best player in the world. We can try and convince ourselves that he won't be missed, but it'll be wilful delusion
Don't think it matters what Liverpool does, he will be a huge miss.

A player of that calibre is irreplaceable.

Your best bet is just to strengthen the overall squad.

pappe

If Arsenal signs either a DM or a defender then they will be a very tough team to play against.

Lets hope it does not happen.

jtb

Banned
if Liverpool spend some of the Suarez money on Griezmann that would be more painful than Chelsea signing Fabregas

no it wouldn't

wedward

let's say Wenger is in the market for one and only one more attacking-ish player and it was a choice between Remy or Griezmann. which do you pick? that would be a tricky choice for me, but a lot would depend on how well Sanchez can hypothetically play up front.

Like you said, totally depends on how Sanchez plays up top.

I assume Wenger has already decided where Sanchez will primarily play so we will have to see. I think he will go for Reus next summer.

TeddyBoy

Don't think it matters what Liverpool does, he will be a huge miss.

A player of that calibre is irreplaceable.

Your best bet is just to strengthen the overall squad.

That's what Brendan's doing, welcome back.

Thanks bby.

I don't think we ever got all the money for Witsel actually, lol. Probably like €20 million at most. Such shady business.

Welcome back rvy, is Markovic good?

wedward

I know Fabregas isn't at fault because he wanted to join Arsenal again, but I am going to laugh a little when Flamini absolutely clatters him.

We are going to sign a midfielder because no way Wenger passed on Cesc because we were getting Sanchez.

King_Moc

Banned
Sagna was boss last season

It's been a long time since Liverpool were playing without a striker who was amongst the worlds best, really. Owen > Torres > Suarez. We've only been without one of those 3 for 2 or 3 of the last 15 seasons. Hopefully Markovic gets good very quickly.

Or we just spend the Suarez money on one of those world class strikers that aren't currently available.

Just please don't waste it on fucking Benzema.

:-(

Clegg

I've decided that we should make Di Maria our main focus. Defenders? Midfielders? Forget that. Flashy wingers should always take precedence.

rvy

Banned
But then Chelsea will take him for half price :(

They won't. They'll be too busy figuring out what hit them during the off-season, because regardless of how many players they buy, Mourinho's tactical regression to kindergarten football will take priority over signing Lazar.

I think we still have another payment to make for Witsel. Don't fret baby.

Did not know that. Better make it quick or we'll go under.

I hope we loan out Young, and pay for a good portion of his wages. Without CL there is enough depth to leave him out. I really don't want to see him rot away with the reserves either as it would be similar to 2011/2012 where he could take the place of a talented youngster.

Gibson making Pogba play as a winger for the reserves in 2011 still frightens me.

We need this cunt out of our season. Nani would make much more sense to keep around because he can beat players for fun.

Baki

I'd rather schenedeelin or Bender over Khedira. My dream would be Vidal or Pogba.

I'm still holding out on a WC striker, but today is a good day.

928294_345505618934411_293544880_n.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Khedira would be my first choice dm and we'll have a great chance to get him if Chelsea sign Pogba. They won't rival us for Khedira if they get Pogba.

wedward

ArseGAF you guys seen this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1u53dit1Q&feature=youtu.be&a with Gazidis on Arsenalfantv? The interviewer asks him about a holding midfielder and he says he can't comment until it's done. Must mean a deal is in the offing. Wonder which of the trio Khedira, Bender and Schneiderlin it is.

I read a post by someone a couple weeks ago that said basically most big clubs draw up a list of players they are interested in for each position. They work on deals for as many of the players as they can.

I would not be surprised if we have inquired about all three.

No doubt that we are trying to sign one though. Not offering Arteta an extension is enough evidence

I want Bender.

Glad Gazidis is getting some recognition. Fans give him way too much shit.

GorillaJu

They won't. They'll be too busy figuring out what hit them during the off-season, because regardless of how many players they buy, Mourinho's tactical regression to kindergarten football will take priority over signing Lazar.

Did not know that. Better make it quick or we'll go under.

The release clause for Markovic was set quite low considering Benfica's typical outgoing transfer fees, don't you think?

rvy

Banned
The release clause for Markovic was set quite low considering Benfica's typical outgoing transfer fees, don't you think?

Garay's was €20 million. Look at how that ended up. They mean little. If Lazar wants to go, Liverpool can probably get him at €16 or €17 million as opposed to whatever it is now.

wedward

Remember when Liverpool fans were wondering if Liverpool could insert a clause into the Suarez deal that would not allow Barca to sell Sanchez to Arsenal?

GorillaJu

Garay's was €20 million. Look at how that ended up. They mean little. If Lazar wants to go, Liverpool can probably get him at €16 or €17 million as opposed to whatever it is now.

We're apparently paying his €25m release clause. I would just expect it to be €35+m for a player Benfica signed for €10m. I usually associate that club with huge profit multiples.

Remember when Liverpool fans were wondering if Liverpool could insert a clause into the Suarez deal that would not allow Barca to sell Sanchez to Arsenal?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom