• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

What are the latest Liverpool rumours/news?

Markovic in this weekend.
Sevilla want Aspas, so this may strengthen our bargaining position re: Moreno.
Ben Davies (Swansea LB) is back-up target for Moreno.

Cycle.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Now is definitely the time for this big talk, before Jack's mystery injuries flare up and Ramsey gets typhus.
Nope, just on a high that we've got Sanchez. I'll come back down tomorrow but I'm going to enjoy our signing. I've waited 10 years dude, 10 fucking years seeing our best players leave with decent players coming in but always downgrades year after year.

Mesut Özil and now Alexis Sanchez makes it worthwhile.

Markovic in this weekend.
Sevilla want Aspas, so this may strengthen our bargaining position re: Moreno.
Ben Davies (Swansea LB) is back-up target for Moreno.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Cycle.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Smart club. They want to replace Rakitic's corners with Aspas corners

Timurid

Exactly xoxo

We can cope without Vidal and Pogba, but selling them BOTH in one window is fucking overkill, and for nothing since we don't have any target atm.

Seriously, who else are we looking at except for Iturbe? No one.

....Verratti is extending his contract in a few days too :((

Cheer up! Juve already re-signed their next midfield maestro, Luca Marrone.
iihWQLLqnH60r.png

Exactly xoxo

We can cope without Vidal and Pogba, but selling them BOTH in one window is fucking overkill, and for nothing since we don't have any target atm.

Seriously, who else are we looking at except for Iturbe? No one.

....Verratti is extending his contract in a few days too :((

I really doubt you will sell both in one window anyway.

FootballFan

Yurt m8.

We've got a great replacement for Pogba.

Goes by the name of Alex Song.

Any of your CBs(excluding Caceres) + 2m euros and he is yours.

GorillaJu

Yurt m8.

We've got a great replacement for Pogba.

Goes by the name of Alex Song.

Any of your CBs(excluding Caceres) + 2m euros and he is yours.

Chiellini, holding the Scudetto on Italy's final game of 14/15: "I would just like to dedicate this to the man who we call the "Maestro." He's the best midfielder in the world and he's someone everyone in Italy admires and tries to imitate."

Song: "Awww shucks, I don't know what to say guys it's just such an honor."

Chiellini: "Dude, you don't even play for us."

Why turn them into tournaments? People won't come see if there is no trophy associated with it?

Just for fun and a little more meaning and competitio'.

Probity

After finally getting back and getting a look at the Puma kits, I am extremely frustrated. I am not a Premier League fan in general but I think that the trend Puma is taking with the tight kits is ridiculous. It looks awkward, isn't all that comfortable, and I don't really want to see all that muscle tone and all. I mean, good for you that are into it, but I don't like it. I thought all the Puma World Cup uniforms looked ridiculous, too.

After finally getting back and getting a look at the Puma kits, I am extremely frustrated. I am not a Premier League fan in general but I think that the trend Puma is taking with the tight kits is ridiculous. It looks awkward, isn't all that comfortable, and I don't really want to see all that muscle tone and all. I mean, good for you that are into it, but I don't like it. I thought all the Puma World Cup uniforms looked ridiculous, too.

Puma knocked it out of the park with the Italy kit

How the hell are players comfortable in tight kits?

Probity

The rest of the Puma shirts were all shit so yeah. You're right there.

But this. Dios Mio!

Normally I can't stand collars, they remind me too much of golf shirts. See US Home jersey.

These though, they look so well done, so necessary. Really completes the look with the color contrast. Beautiful. Not sure if it is the MOST efficient you can have with the tightness near your neck, but it does look great.

valeo

Nope, just on a high that we've got Sanchez. I'll come back down tomorrow but I'm going to enjoy our signing. I've waited 10 years dude, 10 fucking years seeing our best players leave with decent players coming in but always downgrades year after year.

Mesut Özil and now Alexis Sanchez makes it worthwhile.

Exactly.

This has been a 10 year plan and we're at the end of that. We are finally competing again financially while teams like Barca and Real have to sell their best players to fund their purchase for the 'next star'.

This is why it's different.

Did have a laugh at the Gooner Boom-Bust cycle image though; it has been pretty spot on.

Normally I can't stand collars, they remind me too much of golf shirts. See US Home jersey.

These though, they look so well done, so necessary. Really completes the look with the color contrast. Beautiful. Not sure if it is the MOST efficient you can have with the tightness near your neck, but it does look great.

I bought one from the Nike store before the tournament started. Pictures don't do it justice. It's a phenomenal shirt.

Probity

I bought one from the Nike store before the tournament started. Pictures don't do it justice. It's a phenomenal shirt.

I got both German kits before the tournament, and I have to say that after holding the away jersey, my entire opinion on it changed. Same goes for the new Bayern home kit. They look and feel and fit so much better in person, pictures don't do any of them justice. I was pleasantly surprised. I almost wish I was French though, that kit is beautiful. I like it as much as our 2010 ones. I am in love with those shirts.

Tubie

Yea, they are going way too tight.

Also, Arsenal has the best looking team in the EPL right now. Liverpool is losing Suarez, City is pretty much the same, and Chelsea has Mou which could be really good or really bad. Man U is the wild card in this, Louis could turn this into a title winning monster or a bigger flop than BasedMoyes.

valeo

Also, Arsenal has the best looking team in the EPL right now. Liverpool is losing Suarez, City is pretty much the same, and Chelsea has Mou which could be really good or really bad. Man U is the wild card in this, Louis could turn this into a title winning monster or a bigger flop than BasedMoyes.

I think Chelsea are favourites going into next season; based on squads alone.

I'm really hoping Costa will be a flop, though.

We still need to buy a world class DM (I realise that is a boring rhetoric that has been repeated for years, but it's true - Arteta has done a great job but is waning)

We will be happy with 4th place.

jtb

Banned
if Pogba goes to Chelsea, Mou might as well just field an entirely new starting XI. the only player left from last season in that first choice lineup would be, what, Hazard?

Fuck the Star

"Manchester United’s new boss Louis van Gaal wants to sign Holland and Aston Villa centre-back Ron Vlaar following his fine performances at the World Cup. QPR are also keen on Vlaar."

Head to head with QPR for a villa player.

Hello shit!!!!! I have been busy today so just found out Sanchez is official when I went to see the new shirt.

Fucking hell this is great news. A perfect signing and a player who will destroy the PL.

Marc

Mother of God. All is forgiven Puma.

BsN4_FSCEAEg3ZT.png:large

WOW

I normally don't give two shits about shirts unless they are ugly, but that is amazing.

WOW

You could wear that to the opera, people wouldn't even mind. The colours make it look like an old school shirt.

Lightning

Banned
Argentina need to score against Germany. I don't think Argentina can beat Germany on penalties. Neuer is awesome on penalties and Germans are naturally good at penalties unlike us unfortunately.

Probity

I have been thinking about it, but I haven't said anything. Why the hell did Barca sign Ter Stegen and Bravo? I mean I know they need new keepers, but neither of them will really want to play second fiddle to the other, it sounds like a mess waiting to happen, since they are both pretty good.

Tubie

I have been thinking about it, but I haven't said anything. Why the hell did Barca sign Ter Stegen and Bravo? I mean I know they need new keepers, but neither of them will really want to play second fiddle to the other, it sounds like a mess waiting to happen, since they are both pretty good.

Yea... while Atletico signs Ochoa and Madrid is left with war-torn Lopez and Casillas.

GKs will be Madrids undoing this season.

fuenf

Apparently Keylor Navas is going to Bayern. Can't feel a little sad by the news seeing as they already have Neuer, what is he going to do?

fuck we've officially become Barcelona. 10m on a reserve GK, who none of wants to see get any playtime ever and if he needs to play, it'll still only be a reminder that he isnt Neuer. Biggest WTF transfer for the summer (unless there's something wrong with Neuer). I'd rather see them spent the money on Kroos.

Because Enrique most likely doesnt trust Ter Stegen. I fully expect Ter Stegen to ride the bench a lot.

dc89

Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 33m
Morning all - and no, you weren't dreaming, this really did happen last night... #SanchezSigns

:loooooooool
It's like they can hardly believe it. A miracle has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom