• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Sounds pretty serious—what country was this in? It'd be fun to be in a league where even as a non-professional you have people vying for your services. Like how women are constantly vying for mine (have to turn them down though, sorry womens)

Germany.

We had a pretty great team and 2-3 of us even had the chance for a trial session with a bigger club.
The problems of adolescence set in and we wasted our chances and our team started crumbling more or less.

After a one year break we got together once again and tried to win another cup, we wanted to base the teams future on the outcome of the tournament.
Well, the first game went well and we won 3:0 and I catched a penalty.

The second game escalated more or less, someone from the opponent team spit one of our players in the face.
He lost his temper and punched him and the referee who was trying to get him of the opponent player.

He was obviously sent off and we lost.
Three of our players had enough and left...
Our coach had no real subs just youth material, our team was averaging 16 years, the youth players were 12,13 and another 12 year old guy.
Next game was lost 0:5...with two own goals by our substitutes.

We disbanded our team and I never played for a club again, just for fun.

--------- Bite-man - Alexis-------

--------------- Baby ---------

---- Ghostzil - Rooney- Jesus

Vlaar---- Neuer - Neuer ---- Lahm

------------- Neuer -----------

GorillaJu

Germany.

We had a pretty great team and 2-3 of us even had the chance for a trial session with a bigger club.
The problems of adolescence set in and we wasted our chances and our team started crumbling more or less.

After a one year break we got together once again and tried to win another cup, we wanted to base the teams future on the outcome of the tournament.
Well, the first game went well and we won 3:0 and I catched a penalty.

The second game escalated more or less, someone from the opponent team spit one of our players in the face.
He lost his temper and punched him and the referee who was trying to get him of the opponent player.

He was obviously sent off and we lost.
Three of our players had enough and left...
Our coach had no real subs just youth material, our team was averaging 16 years, the youth players were 12,13 and another 12 year old guy.
Next game was lost 0:5...with two own goals by our substitutes.

We disbanded our team and I never played for a club again, just for fun.

Intense! sounds like a fun experience though. B

Pennywise

Intense! sounds like a fun experience though. B

That's how champions are made !
Youth system over here is pretty great, and big clubs are all over the place if they spot someone with talent.

The sad part about it, we had an opponent team in the league, who never scored a goal against us and we've always scored at least 10 against them.
For the record, it's a rather small village so they don't have that much variety.

One of the guys who played CB there is playing in the Bundesliga now :/

I don't understand why Keylor Navas would agree to join to be a backup GK?

Money.
Tom Starke was far from being done and could have easily played for different teams, he choose money though.

GorillaJu

That's how champions are made !
Youth system over here is pretty great, and big clubs are all over the place if they spot someone with talent.

The sad part about it, we had an opponent team in the league, who never scored a goal against us and we've always scored at least 10 against them.
For the record, it's a rather small village so they don't have that much variety.

One of the guys who played CB there is playing in the Bundesliga now :/

Are you still friends with that guy? Some of my students have gone on to play for Japanese clubs. I have one old student at Tokyo FC (Aria Jasuru Hasegawa) and I have a student (whose name I am not allowed to say due to Japanese laws) who is a Japan U19 player. Just got done tutoring him to make up for a week's absence while he went to train with the team in Dubai.

Go watch big bang theory or something.

Also, you didn't even watch it. I started watching it after I posted it, and only just finished the video now lol.

Youtubed it after the first mention :3

To be fair, I've not seen an episode of Mad Men in my life. It is on my list, I'll get to it eventually.

Not sure why that scene is so well loved, but that's probably because I have no fucking idea what is going on.

FootballFan

To be fair, I've not seen an episode of Mad Men in my life. It is on my list, I'll get to it eventually.

Not sure why that scene is so well loved, but that's probably because I have no fucking idea what is going on.

It's the pain from an old wound m8.

I don't want any more players. Juve Bros you can keep Vidal. Bebe back is like a new signing. No need to waste any more money.

--------- Rooney - RVP -------

--------------- Bebe ---------

---- Mata - Herrera - Januzaj

Shaw ---- Evans - Jones ---- Rafael

------------- De Gea -----------

LVG pls.

it7Wi5A5l4KTO.gif

--------------- RVP/Rppmey -------

----Nani/Kagawa----- Mata/Kagawa -----Januzaj----

----- Herrera - New midfielder

I would love it, absolutely love it if you guys played this formation every week!

Have you ever taken the N# exam? I'm planning on signing up in September to take the N3 in December. I only know about 920 kanji and the vocab associated with the characters.

wedward

Yeah, context helps a lot. I'm kind of sad you spoiled it for yourself. Try and forget that scene.

GorillaJu

it7Wi5A5l4KTO.gif

--------------- RVP/Rppmey -------

----Nani/Kagawa----- Mata/Kagawa -----Januzaj----

----- Herrera - New midfielder

Have you ever taken the N# exam? I'm planning on signing up in September to take the N3 in December. I only know about 920 kanji and the vocab associated with the characters.

Last one I took was the N2, which I passed pretty nicely. I took a mock exam for N1 and baaaaarely passed it, mostly through contextual guesswork, but I've switched my focus to the BJT (Business Japanese Test) because the N1 test doesn't require you to have practical knowledge, it's delving deep into vocab and grammar structures that Japanese people aren't even largely aware of.

It's true. He only follows Juve players. Adnan follows Pogba, and he never got a follow back.

Can't believe he turned his back on his little bro.

Disgusting. You can have him Chelsea.

Last one I took was the N2, which I passed pretty nicely. I took a mock exam for N1 and baaaaarely passed it, mostly through contextual guesswork, but I've switched my focus to the BJT (Business Japanese Test) because the N1 test doesn't require you to have practical knowledge, it's delving deep into vocab and grammar structures that Japanese people aren't even largely aware of.

I didn't know there was a BJT, but it makes sense that the J1 goes into shit rarely used by most people. Is there one for science/math/engineering?

How much kanji do you know? I'll probably know 1000 by the end of the year so I'm trying to gauge what level I'm at as I have never taken the N4 or N5 test before.

Pennywise

Are you still friends with that guy? Some of my students have gone on to play for Japanese clubs. I have one old student at Tokyo FC (Aria Jasuru Hasegawa) and I have a student (whose name I am not allowed to say due to Japanese laws) who is a Japan U19 player. Just got done tutoring him to make up for a week's absence while he went to train with the team in Dubai.

Nope, never made much friends with opponent players.
Well, I'm not in contact with anyone from my own team either, except for the two guys who had the trial session with me.

We had the opportunity to play for the youth of Bielefeld, a club which was pending between the first and second league in Germany around the that time.
As I mentioned already, we were fools and went to a party and came back around 6 am.
The training session started 8 am and we still had alcohol in our blood and utterly failed every test we normally would go through with ease...

GorillaJu

It's true. He only follows Juve players. Adnan follows Pogba, and he never got a follow back.

Can't believe he turned his back on his little bro.

Disgusting. You can have him Chelsea.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4883196100/

Get this book. Knowing vocab and kanji isn't particularly useful if you aren't fluent in actual practice. My knowledge of vocab is pretty low, but I get way more praise and recognition for my Japanese compared to my classmate (who knows like every Japanese word and kanji, ever) because his pronunciation is goofy and he makes tons of grammatical/fundamental errors.

GorillaJu

I didn't know there was a BJT, but it makes sense that the J1 goes into shit rarely used by most people. Is there one for science/math/engineering?

How much kanji do you know? I'll probably know 1000 by the end of the year so I'm trying to gauge what level I'm at as I have never taken the N4 or N5 test before.

BJT focuses a lot on idioms and expressions that are commonly used in Japanese—stuff you'd never understand through logic since they're just expressions that "came to be". The N1 vocab list is stupid, I can't even get assistance on it from Japanese colleagues because they don't understand the words on it. What's the point of learning some erudite words that you'll never use? Not all of it is garbage of course, but I don't see the point in studying for it specifically

If you know 1000 kanji, and can read and write them, take my advice and stop studying kanji. That's more than enough for the N3 and possibly the N2. Focus on reading comprehension and dialog.

I don't know how many kanji I know. Probably 500 or so that I can write, 200-300 that I can read without being able to write off the top of my head, and another 500 that I can understand without knowing all the readings.

FootballFan

What a massive fucking idiot

There are about 6 clubs he wouldn't start for, and Bayern are one if them

Quality players putting trophies above gametime does my head in unless they're like 34 years old

Calm down man, how do you know he won't start?

Pep has plans to start him at centre mid.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4883196100/

Get this book. Knowing vocab and kanji isn't particularly useful if you aren't fluent in actual practice. My knowledge of vocab is pretty low, but I get way more praise and recognition for my Japanese compared to my classmate (who knows like every Japanese word and kanji, ever) because his pronunciation is goofy and he makes tons of grammatical/fundamental errors.

I have really good pronunciation because the a e i o u are the same as the spanish vowels. It just came natural from that. The reason I"m trying to cram a lot of vocab is because when I'm listening and I hear a word I don't know it throws me off and I'm stuck wondering what they said.

I really need to get better at listening. I'm having trouble with the speed so I'll start focusing more on listening in these next few months.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
-----------Morata(Llorente)
--------Tevez-----------Iturbe
-----Marchisio--Pirlo--Asamoah
Evra -- Chiellini - Bonucci - Stephan
------------------Buffon-----------

well...

a_560x375.jpg

it..could be worse

I really don't know why he's not following anyone. I mean, what's so hard about just fucking clicking follow.

maybe he doesn't want to get too attached to us -_-

Why is he tweeting in English?
Broken English.

Welcome to Arsenal

GorillaJu

I have really good pronunciation because the a e i o u are the same as the spanish vowels. It just came natural from that. The reason I"m trying to cram a lot of vocab is because when I'm listening a word I don't know throws me off and I'm stuck wondering what they said.

I really need to get better at listening. I'm having trouble with the speed so I'll start focusing more on listening in these next few months.

Listening isn't about only vocabulary (though I do understand what you mean), it's about being able to comprehend without catching 100% of what you hear, and deducing the meaning through context. When I do listening practice I probably only know 75% of the actual words I'm hearing, but after I go through the whole conversation I've figured out all the meanings.

He wanted the payday.

Can't blame him.

He's 27 years old

Go for the big payday when you've become as good as you can be, and are on a downward trajectory. Distant second choice at Bayern is a waste of potential, and a waste of a career no matter how much he's earning

And it's not like Atletico were gonna pay him in Monopoly money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom