• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 33m
Morning all - and no, you weren't dreaming, this really did happen last night... #SanchezSigns

:loooooooool
It's like they can hardly believe it. A miracle has happened.

Think they are playing it up because of Liverpool's interest and belief of upper hand too.

Probity

fuck we've officially become Barcelona. 10m on a reserve GK, who none of wants to see get any playtime ever and if he needs to play, it'll still only be a reminder that he isnt Neuer. Biggest WTF transfer for the summer (unless there's something wrong with Neuer). I'd rather see them spent the money on Kroos.

Because Enrique most likely doesnt trust Ter Stegen. I fully expect Ter Stegen to ride the bench a lot.

That sucks, I really like Ter Stegen, though I don't think he ever should have left. He is doing a disservice to his club that way, he could have grown a lot more with them. I understand why he did it though, just hope things work out for him if he is going to be one of our future GK's.

And is that Navas thing real? What in the hell is Guardiola doing? I mean I try to support the guy when he does things but this makes literally no sense. We should have either kept Kroos or spent it on a new DM or RB. If he is so insistent on using Martinez as a damn CB and Lahm as a Midfielder, we need someone to cover that side that isn't Rafinha. Don't know why we are getting Bernat unless we are trying to replace Ribery. Still, where is Götze even going to play? What is Müller going to do? What about Dante-Badstuber? I don't know how much more of this I can deal with. Also, why Rode? We have a billion mids. Ugh.

Something is really messed up with our management right now.

Slizz

Fuck yeah

iQCzbCjwSJDPZ.gif

bud23

Arsenal still need a top defensive midfielder to be a team worthy of winning the Premier.

And Khedira is available for around 30 million euro. Total bargain. You already know what to do, Wenger.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 33m
Morning all - and no, you weren't dreaming, this really did happen last night... #SanchezSigns

:loooooooool
It's like they can hardly believe it. A miracle has happened.
More like an air of excitement and enjoying the moment. We deserve it, our club has worked hard to earn it.

Arsenal still need a top defensive midfielder to be a team worthy of winning the Premier.

And Khedira is available for around 30 million euro. Total bargain. You already know what to do, Wenger.
I believe we've already started the process to do just that. Come to best friend Mesut Özil, Sami.

Peco

Valencia have accepted Milan's €4.25m offer (Rami paid €0.5m). The deal should be made official tomorrow.

So happy for him, he's such a cool guy! Also, this is embarrassing as fuck.

Arse and Chelsea could be a major pain this year.

C'mon Woody let's ave another one!

Tubie

Madrid won't sell Khedira, more like he will go out for free in 2015 -_-

I hope WC Alonso is not the same as 2014-2015 Alonso.

God help me.

Lightning

Banned
Still think we missed a trick not going in for Kroos.
Or Fabregas, or Sanchez. Think you'll end up with Di Maria though so you'll be perfectly fine. United have Mata, not sure why you'd need Kroos.

Madrid really are a fucking wanking mess of a football club. They buy Isco who had just had an excellent season and was buzzing, completely butcher him on the bench and kill his confidence, they buy Illara from Sociedad who just had an excellent season helping them into the top 4 then hardly give him a chance before overloading their midfield making it impossible to get in. Now bringing in Kroos to make it harder for these players.

What a shithole of a club.

Probity

To be fair. I think he suits you more than Real. Reals game is pretty fast paced. He's to slow for that. I could totally see him controlling the Man U midfield though. And thats not a criticism :p

I thought it was a great fit, honestly. When I heard they wanted him, I was pretty confident that it would be a good move for him. He would have the money he wanted, the role he wanted, the control he wanted, and he would perform well. Then he chose Real. oooooooooook Kroos, whatever you want I guess.

Tubie

Still think we missed a trick not going in for Kroos.

"Kroos is inconsequential."

RIP Pulga

I don't think Kroos is as good as the passing stats say, and after this WC I'm 95% sure Bayern will just hold him out to his last year there anyway.

So where he goes is a wild guess in the end.

Probity

"Kroos is inconsequential."

RIP Pulga

I don't think Kroos is as good as the passing stats say, and after this WC I'm 95% sure Bayern will just hold him out to his last year there anyway. So where he goes is a wild guess in the end.

That entire argument was ridiculous. But whatever. Either way, he isn't as good as his stats say, no. He does a majority of passes to completely open players, and doesn't make a lot of key passes. He also has a ton of opportunities to do them, considering his spot in the middle of everyone. He can pass to just about whoever he wants most of the time.

He is good, I will give him that. Killer long ball and very accurate passes overall, with a good creative mentality. He starts a lot of passing chains. Really though, he only goes over 100 passes because we play possession football. Otherwise he wouldn't be used nearly as often.

I think Bayern has other plans by now. Elsk might not enjoy hearing it but Alaba in midfield could become a thing.

Please tell me you're joking. Oh god please. I will fly back to Munich and attack Guardiola if he does that.

Blablurn

oh btw, gomez had great stats too and we sold him. mandzu probably had even better stats for a striker. we sold him. thats how bayern rolls.

Reach for the stars.

The show was not too bad. I remmeber the first season and the sudden time travel in th end? Wut.

T

Please tell me you're joking. Oh god please. I will fly back to Munich and attack Guardiola if he does that.

Sammer teased the idea already this week. Alaba plays in the midfield for Austria. Last year Alaba himself said he prefers to play in the midfield.

To be fair. I think he suits you more than Real. Reals game is pretty fast paced. He's to slow for that. I could totally see him controlling the Man U midfield though. And thats not a criticism :p

lol I'd be ok with that.

Or Fabregas, or Sanchez. Think you'll end up with Di Maria though so you'll be perfectly fine. United have Mata, not sure why you'd need Kroos.

Yep we've had a few more pass us by this summer once again, but I do think we have a major signing not too far away.

I know it sounds stupid but sometimes I forget we have Mata.

Tubie

That entire argument was ridiculous. But whatever. Either way, he isn't as good as his stats say, no. He does a majority of passes to completely open players, and doesn't make a lot of key passes. He also has a ton of opportunities to do them, considering his spot in the middle of everyone. He can pass to just about whoever he wants most of the time.

He is good, I will give him that. Killer long ball and very accurate passes overall, with a good creative mentality. He starts a lot of passing chains. Really though, he only goes over 100 passes because we play possession football. Otherwise he wouldn't be used nearly as often.

Kroos would be better in Barcelona, there I said it.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla: "I'm very happy at Arsenal, I've got two more years here on my contract. Arsenal is great for me."
Only 2 years? He's either off this summer or next then. We just renewed, must have just been a payrise for 1 more year. Odd thing for Arsenal to do.

Probity

oh btw, gomez had great stats too and we sold him. mandzu probably had even better stats for a striker. we sold him. thats how bayern rolls.

Except Gomez was the streakiest striker ever. He was only great or terrible, never in between. He played in a way that stats couldn't tell the story accurately. Also, I have no clue why the hell we are getting rid of Mandzu to grab Lewa. It is completely unnecessary, gets us one less awesome player, makes the team look like an ass, and messes with the Bundesliga competitive balance. I love Bayern but we need to stop stealing people's stars so the league will be more competitive and interesting again.

These last few years have been all Dortmund-Bayern, and we keep stealing Dortmund's stars, so that is out the window.

Edit: Also Ugh. Alaba is a great LB, and he gets to play as far up as he wants already. We have soooooooooooo many midfielders, we don't need this hassle. No wonder we got Bernat, we are moving Alaba up. Whyyyy? These stupid transformations Guardiola is making better be worth it, and not get rid of all our good German players, and not interfere with our National team too much more than it already has. It is a complete mess right now.

Peco

Better CB than whoever we currently have in our team.

Yep. Glad there still somebody who wants to come to Milan.

Didac was at Casa Milan yesterday, do you think he's staying for at least a couple of months this time? He's still better that Constant if you ask me.

Blablurn

Except Gomez was the streakiest striker ever. He was only great or terrible, never in between. He played in a way that stats couldn't tell the story accurately. Also, I have no clue why the hell we are getting rid of Mandzu to grab Lewa. It is completely unnecessary, gets us one less awesome player, makes the team look like an ass, and messes with the Bundesliga competitive balance. I love Bayern but we need to stop stealing people's stars so the league will be more competitive and interesting again.

These last few years have been all Dortmund-Bayern, and we keep stealing Dortmund's stars, so that is out the window.

We have always been like this :p

Especially when it comes to strikers. Goddamn. We had a shitton. Klose, Luca Toni, Elber, Klinsmann, Makaay, Mandzu. And despite their class we always changed them.

Lewa could be different thought. Next to his great finishing skills he is also a gread ball handler. He got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom