• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

Other than the aly + Milan + teeth thing, was there another big transfer that failed after fees were Agreed?

We bought Begovic from Portsmouth in a joint deal with Kaboul. Begovic pulled out because he saw Pletikosa was being signed at the same time and though it was disrespectful.

Portsmouth owed us £1m for an age.

Messi

*slowly sinking in*

*memories rushing back*

*heavy chest*

why United

why you of all clubs

505bd97a7993a4f789b51b389e386c1f.jpg

I always told you they were a bunch of cunts. You never listened.

ybbavhj.gif

qindarka

Banned
Drogba's league goalscoring record varied season to season, but he could always be relied upon to score when it mattered. He scored in nearly every final he played for us, I think.

Yeah, 9 goals in 9 finals. Only one he didn't score in was Moscow.

financial fiar play doesnt do anything for real or barca, they can continue to have massive debts as long as they make payments, they can carry a 500m debt as long as they are in the black, even if it is for 1 million. Tebas even put them in a separate category away from the other 16 clubs of primera division, preferential treatment lol

Marc

Hey Milch, you there, how are things going?

Ask that girl out for a coffee/sex?

Does anyone think LFC have had a player in waiting for the transfer to go through? They do well at keeping things secret unless they are trying to force some movement. Shaqiri transfer die?

These signings so far... I mean staying in the top 4 again will be tough, but it is looking impossible right now.

bud

haha, hixx posted a few pages ago that she was let go already because she took hunting pics with dead animals.

sohois

With all the talk of doing a Tottenham, I went to look at record transfers to see how teams actually did after selling a player for big money. Just taking the top 10 transfers of all time (minus Suarez and David Luiz, minus Torres to Chelsea since it was a winter transfer,minus Neymar cos who the fuck cares about Santos, minus Tevez to City, minus Rui Costa to Fiorentina since they went into administation and minus Ozil) and you have the following:

Tottenham: 5th, 72 -> 5th, 69
Man U: 1st, 89 -> 2nd, 85
Juventus: 2nd, 73 -> 1st 71
Inter: 1st, 84 -> 1st, 82
Milan: 3rd, 74 -> 3rd, 70
Napoli: 2nd, 78 -> 3rd, 78
Barcelona: 2nd, 64 -> 4th, 64
Atletico: 3rd, 76 -> 1st, 90
Parma: 5th, 58 -> 4th, 56
Valencia: 5th, 63 -> 1st, 75

I wouldn't really draw much from the table but still fairly interesting to look at the changes, I feel. Bonus points to anyone who knows all the transfers without google.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Same club but it feels just a little bit smaller now
Juve's Storia Di Un Grande Amore is on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like [Manc accent] Arturoooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every game
'Cause all you wanted to do was tackle
Now my baby's tackling
But he's tackling with another club

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong player like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my trasnfer market mistakes
But I just want you to know

I hope they buy you flowers
I hope they hold your hand
Give you all their hours
When they have the chance
Take you to every game
'Cause I remember how much you loved to tackle
Do all the things we should have done
When we were your club

oswq4iyyyvo.gif

Hixx

Describing the perfectly-timed tackle on the flying Dutchman, Mascherano said: "I thought I had slipped, I thought I wouldn’t make it, but I tore my anus on that move, the pain...it was terrible."

Mascherano did a Kyoufu
p0QHO.gif

Viva definitely does.

I don't know much but I doI know in my heart of hearts that Vidal dreams of playing for United.
Pls

All I know is that United want him and that Juve are prepared, at the right price, to sell him or Pogba.

But the right price is north of £50m - at least.

Sorry Yurt don't hurt me this is what I have been told by Woody.

Honestly, I would be confused as fuck to see Juve sell Vidal. Pogba is the kind of guy that will certainly push for a move sooner rather than later. Vidal could stay another few years. Would be mad to sell both.

Pls

All I know is that United want him and that Juve are prepared, at the right price, to sell him or Pogba.

LvG and Wooders need to get down in that transfer bunker and count some beans on their iPads.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Honestly, I would be confused as fuck to see Juve sell Vidal. Pogba is the kind of guy that will certainly push for a move sooner rather than later. Vidal could stay another few years. Would be mad to sell both.
Heh, no worries ;)

and what happened to you dude, did you ask that girl out? I don't even remember what I posted here or if you even replied to me :lol sorry

Pls

Marotta said we would only 'consider' indecent/astronomical offers. Which in this transfer window, sounds like more than 60 million.

you guys fucked up by buying Shaw before Vidal.

They need to run a cost benefit analysis of Vidal's marquee-ness.

Only players who score A+ are worthy of £50m+.

Maybe we will just wait for Strootlord.

Genuinely think that's the hold up. "Marketability factor" lol.

Would be tempted to wait for Strootz but we can't go into ext season with one new CM.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
okay fresh from SKY Italia

it's like they're reading GAF :lol

SKY reports if an 'incredible' offer arrives for Vidal from Mufc then Juve could CONSIDER it but the intention of Marotta is to keep Vidal

-

This is why I think he will stay.

Pogba goes and Vidal commits.

Next target.

I told you, Pogba is the one leaving next season. And possibly Vidal, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom