• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think that's the hold up. "Marketability factor" lol.

Would be tempted to wait for Strootz but we can't go into ext season with one new CM.

If there isn't news of an official bid within the next couple of weeks that will probably be it.

United think, tentatively, that Vidal is open to the move. The next step is to bid of course so if that doesn't happen soon it means either 1) We aren't willing to pay what it will take or/and 2) They don't think it's worth pursuring because Vidal isn't serious about it.

Whatever it is I just hope it happens soon. Try to get Vidal - fine, just don't waste time over it. Tbh it would be pretty ridiculous if we got him. The only way is to spend alot of money, we're talking £60m (which IMO is the "okay we're listening price") and £200k/week. It's a £100m outlay on a 27 year old.

I dunno - I think the club is still hesitant to spend these types of sums. Yes we signed Mata for £37m and Shaw for almost £30m but I dunno...I think they view those as investments in a way they might not this.

We will definitely sign another CM though. Rest assured.

Marc

Nah, next class is when we're WELTMEISTER
just kidding, the class doesn't last 4 years+, it's on Monday
. And I need to study for an exam this weekend.

Cool, good luck with both. 👍

Let us know what happens, I think you can surprise yourself.

Feorax

It's hard to imagine how another £75 million might be spent by Liverpool without wasting most of it bringing in too many new guys in one go.

You'd expect we're going to be keeping the spine of the team relatively intact.

Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, Coutinho, Sakho, Flanagan and Mignolet are all likely to feature in most games, as will Gerrard until Can or a new CM settles in.

We'll be adding 3 or 4 to our starting XI, and then a lot to our bench. Keeping the spine consistent will hopefully mean we'll avoid the issues Spurs had last year with key players not gelling.

If there isn't news of an official bid within the next couple of weeks that will probably be it.

United think, tentatively, that Vidal is open to the move. The next step is to bid of course so if that doesn't happen soon it means either 1) We aren't willing to pay what it will take or/and 2) They don't think it's worth pursuring because Vidal isn't serious about it.

Whatever it is I just hope it happens soon. Try to get Vidal - fine, just don't waste time over it. Tbh it would be pretty ridiculous if we got him. The only way is to spend alot of money, we're talking £60m (which IMO is the "okay we're listening price") and £200k/week. It's a £100m outlay on a 27 year old.

I dunno - I think the club is still hesitant to spend these types of sums. Yes we signed Mata for £37m and Shaw for almost £30m but I dunno...I think they view those as investments in a way they might not this.

We will definitely sign another CM though. Rest assured.

I think if LVG says he needs him, we will spend the money.

Considering we potentially getting rid of Young, Cleverly, Nani, Fletcher, Fellani. That frees up the wages and money.

Feorax

What's going on with FFP and your recent heavy losses? No one seems to care, I must've missed something. Some infrastructure expenses that won't count?

I think we got a year where it was more lenient because we'd just returned to the CL, and we were showing signs of improvement.

Obviously we've brought in a shitload from sponsorship deals, PL runners up money and CL qualification, plus £75m from Suarez.

Manager

I think we got a year where it was more lenient because we'd just returned to the CL, and we were showing signs of improvement.

Obviously we've brought in a shitload from sponsorship deals, PL runners up money and CL qualification, plus £75m from Suarez.

I added some links, looks like there's some talk of debt-free loans, infrastructure and whatnot. Not totally clear but obviously nothing concrete yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/05/liverpool-champions-league-financial-fair-play
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-Uefas-Financial-Fair-Play-regulations.html

Jabo

Juve looks like AC Milan in this transfer period.

Pls dont commit sudoku, yurt.

hehehehehehehehhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeehhhhh

nH7VXpt.jpg

Feorax

But liverpool are just doing what Spurs did last year with Bale using it too balance the books.

We brought in almost £100m from finishing second in the PL alone last season. Given Agger, Lucas, Aspas, Reina, Assaidi and maybe Borini are likely to be sold as well, you can understand we weren't exactly cash-strapped, even before we sold Suarez.

TeddyBoy

What's going on with FFP and your recent heavy losses? No one seems to care, I must've missed something. Some infrastructure expenses that won't count?

edit
Ah, some talk here, looks like little worry.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/05/liverpool-champions-league-financial-fair-play
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-Uefas-Financial-Fair-Play-regulations.html

Yeah our debt's pretty bad and we aren't too good on the FFP front. If we remain in the champions League for a few years, get a few more sponsorships and expand Anfield as much as possible, we should be ok long term though.

LTWheels

edit
Ah, some talk here, looks like little worry.

Apparently it's been confirmed that a large majority of those losses are expt from the ffp calculations. A lot of it's to do with writing off the old owners new stadium plans or something like that.

Clegg

Considering we potentially getting rid of Young, Cleverly, Nani, Fletcher, Fellani. That frees up the wages and money.

Don't know if we'd be able to shift all of those. Fellaini, Young and Nani are all on very good contracts and the clubs most likely interested in them, mid-table regulars, wouldn't be able to afford them.

Well we don't really need to sell players or free up wages to be able to afford it. We have the wealth to go out and do it right now. But it's still a club run by people who aren't comfortable spending excessively where they can help it. Relatively speaking we are in a desperate situation so if there ever was a time this would be it.

Even so - I can't help but think the club won't sanction outrageous spending for a Vidal. Not because he isn't amazing…but he's not a superstar and sadly that matters at United. We bid a world record amount for Bale last summer. The money is there…but for certain players only

sohois

this whole transfer window is now going to be websites and papers who know fuck all speculating how we will spend the suarez + other sales money :/ fucking joy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Amanda Coletta @a_coletta · 16h
Kind of hoping Paul was in London for Chelsea bc it would explain why he was hanging out in insufferable Knightsbridge and South Kensington

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Liverpool would have been pretty close to the brink re: FFP this year but the additional seasons allowance means they're fine. With transfer fees spread through the life of the contract I can't see them being inhibited in their spending in any way, especially now they have sold Suarez.

Wages continues to be where Liverpool will struggle in the transfer market. I don't think they're in a position where they can commit to paying 2 or 3 huge contracts.

dc89

Liverpool would have been pretty close to the brink re: FFP this year but the additional seasons allowance means they're fine. With transfer fees spread through the life of the contract I can't see them being inhibited in their spending in any way, especially now they have sold Suarez.

Wages continues to be where Liverpool will struggle in the transfer market. I don't think they're in a position where they can commit to paying 2 or 3 huge contracts.

Huge contracts don't cut it anymore. Not when competing with clubs who can offer massive contracts.

Feorax

Depends on if we can shift on the likes of Johnson and Reina, I think they're the last two real drains on the club financially. If we move those two on, and now Suarez has gone, that alone is nearly £400k p/w worth of wages that can be split.

Depends on if we can shift on the likes of Johnson and Reina, I think they're the last two real drains on the club financially. If we move those two on, and now Suarez has gone, that alone is nearly £400k p/w worth of wages that can be split.

he is staying unless Rafa learns to actually buy players

Huge contracts don't cut it anymore. Not when competing with clubs who can offer massive contracts.
:lol

You're not wrong.

Mm, well yes. But that's only a part of it. Not so simple as binning two players on £100k each and then brining one in on £200k. It upsets the balance of the wage bill and really the main thing to consider is the affordability of it on an ongoing basis. For instance, do Liverpool feel comfortable laying down a half a million a week on two players. They might - but I imagine it's a risk considering the clubs CL status isn't quite guaranteed. I don't even know if £200k is THAT much anymore. Doesn't feel like it.

Might be a risk worth taking mind. But generally, as dc said above - the best players command the best wages and there are plenty of clubs willing to pay them. It's a relative thing as much as anything. I don't think Liverpool can compete with the other clubs in the league and Europe on wages, not yet.

pulsemyne

Oh and apparently Liverpool have tried contacting Bony behind swansea's back according to Swanseas Chairman. Nice and classless of them. I expect the price to increase a lot after that little stunt.

Yen

Oh and apparently Liverpool have tried contacting Bony behind swansea's back according to Swanseas Chairman. Nice and classless of them. I expect the price to increase a lot after that little stunt.

I saw reports of a release clause, £19m.

Carbonox

Who is Emmanuel Rivière and why is he supposedly close to joining Newcastle? Looking at his stats he's shit but slightly better than Cisse.

SIGN HIM UP

he is staying unless Rafa learns to actually buy players
Other clubs will begin to show interest towards the end of the window.

Someone like Reina probably isn't anybody's first choice right now (aside from Napoli maybe) but as other options fall through clubs will probably make moves for him. Think Arsenal might fancy it - dunno if you'd want to sell to them though.

Not to defend it or anything - but that's just how it goes these days.

You should definitely demand the most you possibly can though :)

TeddyBoy

If we spoke to Bony directly, then we're in the wrong. If we spoke to his agent asking if Bony would be interested in a move then that's how transfers work these days.

There is no way they are selling both.

Sorry, didn't make that clear, I meant selling both over the next two years. There's the danger of Pogba not signing a new contract and then pushing for the move next year.

and what happened to you dude, did you ask that girl out? I don't even remember what I posted here or if you even replied to me :lol sorry

Yurt pls r u drunk again

I literally answered your question 10 posts before you even asked it :lol
Marc asked as well, no class till Monday

And yeah, I replied yesterday but only in general because I didn't want to Fady-Quote or ignore some replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom