• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

There are rumors that Neuer needs a shoulder operation after the World Cup. This would be a good reason why we're going for Navas.

Meier

Meierdamus
dq8CSKV.gif

£64 million they say?

u2czZtT.gif

Meier

Aguero desperately needed a few months off. World Cup fucked that.. he's going to have a shit season in all likelihood. :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What reception would Suarez get if Barca met Liverpool at Anfield?

I guess there is a chance, but Suarez might still be banned if they are drawn together.

Oh yeah that is true. Could still end up playing them in the group stages though.

Third, but no one in the second pot looks better than us, Suarez or not.

Oh I didn't mean about what teams you could beat or not beat, but if Liverpool couldn't draw Barca in the group stage already. Barca aren't going to make it out of their group anyway, tiki taka is ded.

Pretty good that Chelsea got Cesc for £30m which is a great price for a great player and then Arsenal got Sanchez for £30m which is a great price for a great player. With that £60m in the bank Barcelona only had to spend £4-15m extra to get Suarez. They probably didn't even bother converting it into Euros. Great business all round.

I really want to get København in qualifying.

Would be a memorable encounter, at least.

I'm not so sure it would, other than me throwing coins at Chesney at least. We have pretty much gotten a whole new team this season, after Solbakken returned, I don't think we will be ready to put up a fight against anyone in Europe. Next season though...

I was expecting Liverpool to announce the full amount. Would have been good for them to make it clear he wasn't sold for a penny less than the release clause.

Jarnet87

Barca will not sign any defenders. They will crush La Liga as usual with only a few slip ups and people will forget about how bad their defense is. Then when they fall apart in Champions League and drop points in the league because their back line gets abused they will go into panic mode again. loliga standard.

Meier

Dortmund, Zenit and Liverpool.

What other big teams are in Pot 2?

Here are the pots:

Pot I
Real Madrid
FC Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Benfica
Atletico Madrid
*Arsenal
*FC Porto

Pot II
Schalke
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Shakhtar Donetsk
Basel
*Zenit St. Petersburg
Manchester City

Pot III
*Bayer Leverkusen
Olympiakos
CSKA Moscow
Ajax
*Napoli
Liverpool
Sporting Lisbon
Galatasaray

Pot IV
Anderlecht
*Salzburg
Roma
*Steaua Bucarest
*Celtic
*BATE Borisov
*TBA
AS Monaco

Hopefully Lille make it through qualifying so Rony can play in the UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom