• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

It's stupid that Evra has gone. No matter how much of a liabillity he was, he was experienced and it also meant we had 2 LB (Evra and Shaw)

We've made ourselves have to buy an extra player to fill the LB hole in case Shaw get's injured.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal's face after we 'free him' from Torino

arturo_vidal.jpg

The only thing you are taking is the Europa League banners and props

Have a good season "lads"

they ain't even in Europa League :lol

It's stupid that Evra has gone. No matter how much of a liabillity he was, he was experienced and it also meant we had 2 LB (Evra and Shaw)

We've made ourselves have to buy an extra player to fill the LB hole in case Shaw get's injured.

We'll get Daley Blint

Then I guess Vermaelen for CB once Wenger gets his replacement.

Di Maria if Madrid do force him out.

Vidal for CM - should be done soon.

Would be pretty happy with that.

TrueBlue

Drogba was more lauded for the importance of the goals he scored rather than the number. His sense of timing in the flashpoint situations was incredible.

Not to say he didn't score a lot of goals mind, in 2009-2010 he was fucking irresistible.

Marc

Lampard was better

Was often top scorer ahead of Drogba.

Drogba was utter shite at first, missed so many sitters, then had some Rocky montage summer and couldn't stop scoring. Weird. Then scored in all the big games, or got sent off.

He was a poor goalscorer before Chelsea as well, lived off UEFA cup performances really.

Hixx

Was just about to make the same point as Mark and True Blue. Even when he wasn't prolific he was able to be relied upon in the big games.

EmiPrime

Suarez trashed Liverpool's reputation. Wonder what he will do to trash what's left of Barcelona's.

I think he will spit on someone.

Kikarian

We'll get Daley Blint

Then I guess Vermaelen for CB once Wenger gets his replacement.

Di Maria if Madrid do force him out.

Vidal for CM - should be done soon.

Would be pretty happy with that.
Really don't want Vermaelen but I guess he'll have to do. From having a shit midfield and ok defence to a shit defense to a fairly good midfield (considering we sign Vidal and Di Maria).

I like Daley Blind, he's not the greatest of players but he's good to have in your squad.

Two very good seasons (30+) out of 8. Consistently around 15 goals a season in all competitions, but in 8 seasons his third highest league tally was....12.

Huh. He was so much better in my head.

There was a discussion on here that if you only look at his goals scored in the premier league then his record isn't that great. That does him a great disservice though because he was much more then just a goal scorer and he excelled in the champions league and big cup games.

Drogba was more lauded for the importance of the goals he scored rather than the number. His sense of timing in the flashpoint situations was incredible.

Not to say he didn't score a lot of goals mind, in 2009-2010 he was fucking irresistible.

Exactly. and he did score a fucking lot of goals, even if he had a few only the 15 goals a seasons. 100 in 226 league matches is certainly not bad.

I miss the days of 06/07

Comfortably finishing in the top 4 even though Gerrard had a somewhat disappointing season, and we had Kuyt and Bellamy up front

India you fucking stone-age cunts. Let us use technology ffs.

K1LLER7

Rafael Hernandez
"Regarding Marco Reus, he had agreed personal terms with Barcelona but BVB refused to even talk. Club moved to Suárez, that's it."

So that's Barca out of the Reus chase next summer.

Randdalf

Rafael Hernandez
"Regarding Marco Reus, he had agreed personal terms with Barcelona but BVB refused to even talk. Club moved to Suárez, that's it."

That just reminds me that Germany aren't even at full strength because Reus isn't playing.

Fintan

Drogba's league goalscoring record varied season to season, but he could always be relied upon to score when it mattered. He scored in nearly every final he played for us, I think.

Razor554

Rafael Hernandez

we be moving back in the reus chase after suarez is suffering 2 year ban from biting pepe's ear off mike tyson style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom