• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
BQ7XVyxCIAAuYl5.png

GHG

Arsenal are on the verge of making their second signing of the summer after offering a contract to Romanian international Ciprian Marica, according to the forward's agent.

Although the club remain in hot pursuit of Liverpool's wantaway star Luis Suarez, Arsène Wenger's side have endured a relatively quiet transfer window thus far, with 20-year-old striker Yaya Sanogo the sole addition to the Gunners' squad.

With Marouane Chamakh and Gervinho poised to complete their moves to Roma and Crystal Palace respectively, and Nicklas Bendtner also likely to cut his ties with the club this summer, the Gunners could all of a sudden be light up front.

But Wenger could be set to bolster his options in a typically prudent move for Marica after the 27-year-old was released by Schalke this summer.

"It is close to Arsenal, we'll see this week," Giovani Becali, Marica's agent, is quoted as saying by Romanian newspaper Libertatea.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...marica-arsenal-schalke-arsene-wenger-luis.htm

Oh god no...

Just looked him up on youtube and he plays like the lovechild of Chamakh and Gervais.

ShogunX

You have absolutely no way of knowing if John Cross is in any way affiliated with Arsenal.

Based on what we know, it's Liverpool who've disrespected us.

We do know what John Cross is a big Arsenal fan. It seems unlikely that he would write all of the shit articles about Suarez without a bit of inside agenda.

He refers to himself as an Arsenal ''expert''.

Either way I genuinely hope you lot crash and burn next season just so I can rub it like a petulant child.

Lolerpool will be back in full flow

Meier

He's gone from mine.

Brought in Navas and Benteke. Will probably swap Benteke for Soldado.

Yeah, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger as well. Replaced him with Mata and swapped out Dembele for Sessegnon. A Spurs culling. Will re-add Dembele if/when I learn more about this apparent hip injury Usho was talking about recently.

Lightning

Banned
We do know what John Cross is a big Arsenal fan. It seems unlikely that he would write all of the shit articles about Suarez without a bit of inside agenda.

He refers to himself as an Arsenal ''expert''.

Either way I genuinely hope you lot crash and burn next season just so I can rub it like a petulant child.

Lolerpool will be back in full flow
Oh please. Don't blame the club for anything that John Cross decides he wants to write. He's been very critical about Wenger not spending in the past too, did Arsenal ask him to write that as well as part of an agenda?

Yeah, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger as well. Replaced him with Mata and swapped out Dembele for Sessegnon. A Spurs culling. Will re-add Dembele if/when I learn more about this apparent hip injury Usho was talking about recently.
I'm just waiting for dat 8.0m Soldado.

Pls.

K1LLER7

It's either Hazard or Mata for me. I've gone with Hazard. Dem Penalty kicks (if Lampard doesn't play).

Will probably leave Soldado and Benteke to make room for Rooney, if he moves to Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
Newcastle confirm the Remy loan. Top signing, they should have done that last fucking season.

edit: my fantasy team is fucking BALLING

ShogunX

Oh please. Don't blame the club for anything that John Cross decides he wants to write. He's been very critical about Wenger not spending in the past too, did Arsenal ask him to write that as well as part of an agenda?

If he's making up all of these stories on his own then he's an even bigger cunt than we knew. I'm going with the opinion that he's being fed info from the club.

Arnie

Between Salvadora and yourself I can't handle the naivety.

Nobody's saying that 100% of what John Cross writes begins life as a fax from the bowels of Shenley Training Centre. What we are saying, and what does go on in football, is that when football club's internal PR teams want to communicate a message, they do so through well placed and subservient journalists.

John Cross epitomises this. By serving Arsenal football club in this instance he curries favour for himself in another. He also works at an outlet that gives oxygen to such gas, where quantity and the ability to make a splash is valued over fact checking and properly sourced information.

Lastly, contrast everything that John Cross has written during this saga with that of well placed and well respected journalists, one of which used Twitter as a podium to ridicule the man over his 'coverage' and you've got enough grounds to make the suggestion you seem so eager to refute.
I'm just waiting for dat 8.0m Soldado.

Pls.
Aren't we all though Viv.

Wilbur

Banned
Vulva just made the very astute point that I'll have to do a fuckload of transfers after gameweek one if I go all in on Villa-Chelsea.

Swapped Benteke, Westwood and Mata for Walcott, Navas and Kone.

Sorry, thought you were referring to Lamela.

For a second I thought you supported a second team, which would've killed all the respect I have for you.

Eww, two-teamers are disgusting. I'm not like pulga, I can't handle the heartbreak of supporting two teams.

Sporting´s starting eleven against West Ham :

Boeck, Welder, Mauricio, Rojo, Evaldo, Rinaudo, Adrien, Martins, Capel, Carrillo, Montero

First time on the team for Welder, let see how he does.

Arnie

To say I would be disappointed if Coutinho is not involved would be an understatement.
Coutinho's less the special sauce and more the entire bun.

Coutinho is Orion, and the rest are his belt.

REEEEEMYYYYYYY

Have we spent more than Man Utd now? :O
If you have then I can't think of a way to make Woodward look like even more of a fucking loser.

Oh, wait, yes I can...

ian-ayre-2123663u3zla.jpg

Hixx

sesslolzgbu0.gif

They did the Sky teamsheet things today and this one for Sess fucking SLAYED me. It's not even funny. I just can't stop laughing at him.

Meier

Even though he's a turncoat, I hope Rossi does well for Fiorentina. Would be nice to see him get his career back on track.

That's his significant other?!? Ayre for the next James Bond.

I would wager that she's more interested in his check book than anything else.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tony Christmas and Klose are better than everyone anyway. -_-

Even though he's a turncoat, I hope Rossi does well for Fiorentina. Would be nice to see him get his career back on track.

Normally I would say yes, but he's playing for Viola so #FuckJosephRed.

Shagwell

I would wager that she's more interested in his check book than anything else.

He also rides a motorcycle maybe she thinks that's cool

Meier

This team that Bayern is beating in the DFB-Pokal doesn't even have a logo listed on Goal.com. Turns out they're one of 73 teams in the 4th tier of German football. The fact it's only 4-0 is fairly respectable! Hat trick for Muller.

Wes

venison crêpe
Vulva just made the very astute point that I'll have to do a fuckload of transfers after gameweek one if I go all in on Villa-Chelsea.

Swapped Benteke, Westwood and Mata for Walcott, Navas and Kone.

Yeah but each transfer is 2 points, and players get 2 points just for playing over 60 minutes I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom