• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Read on here that Suarez trained on his own, but in the photos he's just training with everyone else. What's that about? Any truth to it?

Glad Django's back, he was so fucking good in the second half of last season. He's our second choice striker but I'd happily have him over any of Arsenal or Spurs' strikers (pre-Soldado). And even now Spurs have Soldado, I still don't think it'd be a clear cut decision. Sturridge was almost unplayable at times, scored some worldies and his pace and movement is top.
Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
#LFC fans giving Suarez a warm reception every time he runs towards the Kop but still yet to acknowledge it #AFC
Entire #LFC team acknowledges the Kop at end of open training. Only one abstainer again #Suarez
Suarez didn't acknowledge fans as he left the field earlier. Not sure what part of that people aren't getting #LFC
https://twitter.com/Richard_Buxton_

Usual antics.

ShogunX

Read on here that Suarez trained on his own, but in the photos he's just training with everyone else. What's that about? Any truth to it?

Glad Django's back, he was so fucking good in the second half of last season. He's our second choice striker but I'd happily have him over any of Arsenal or Spurs' strikers (pre-Soldado). And even now Spurs have Soldado, I still don't think it'd be a clear cut decision. Sturridge was almost unplayable at times, scored some worldies and his pace and movement is top.

Taken from RAWK from a lad who went -

The players who started on Saturday trained separately to the rest of the squad but it was a good event. The players didn't come out until 10.15 whilst everyone who came down was in their seats by 9.30 so it was a lot of waiting around on a cold day. Sturridge looked sharp for a player who's in his first training session. He scored a superb goal in the training match at the end. Spearing looked out of sorts and kept giving the ball away. I don't think Agger or Johnson trained. Raheem and Iago were laughing and joking all the time and looked like best mates.

Fair play to Brendan. He went up to every supporter who won the chance to take a penalty at the end and went out of his way to have a chat and say hello to the kids who were also taking pens. Rodgers missed his pen against Mignolet which led to a lot of laughs from the Kop! Regarding Suarez, he looked his normal self and trained hard and that's all you can ask for him. The press are making a mountain out of a mole hill about him not responding to the applause. He did at the beginning and also whilst he was doing sprints by himself.

Arnie

forgive my ignorance—who's Django? Sturridge?
Aye, Sturridge.

We signed him in January when Django came out and I'd obviously been texting about the film, and in my excitement after he'd scored a goal my phone autocorrected Daniel to 'Django'.

Was pissing myself.
That must've been before this.

BQ5u8OaCQAAhLyM.jpg

Taken from RAWK from a lad who went -
Cheers, sounds like the usual straw clutching from the Arsenal lot.

Glad to hear about Iago and Raheem, I always worry about segregation in the squad due to nationality.

Nobody wants to turn into Newcastle.

Salvadora

Cheers, sounds like the usual straw clutching from the Arsenal lot.

Glad to hear about Iago and Raheem, I always worry about segregation in the squad due to nationality.

Nobody wants to turn into Newcastle.
If I can't trust a journalist who can I trust.

Meier

Awesome. The London Eye's good, but about half of it is waiting to get to a height from which you can get a good view :p

How long do you get up there? What's your brother doing over here as well? Is he a football fan?

He works in accounting at some huge law firm there called Allen & Overy. He has been living in London since 2007.. has a flat he bought in Shoreditch some years back. Just got his license to drive after a few attempts recently.

He isn't a football fan but he finds AVB very handsome, haha. He and his boyfriend came with us to see the England/Czech Republic U-19s (I think? Maybe U-20s) play when I visited last year.

92cd3934bddb11e2b7ab22000a1f90e7_7.jpg

Edit: Yeah, U-19s. Here were the highlights: http://www.thefa.com/video/England/Mens-U19s/2011-12/England-U19s-2-1-Czech-Republic-U19s. Couldn't beat that price! There were a few EPL fixtures in London while we were there but it was pretty cost prohibitive, heh.

He works in accounting at some huge law firm there called Allen & Overy. He has been living in London since 2007.. has a flat he bought in Shoreditch some years back. Just got his license to drive after a few attempts recently.

He isn't a football fan but he finds AVB very handsome, haha. He and his boyfriend came with us to see the England/Czech Republic U-19s (I think? Maybe U-20s) play when I visited last year.

92cd3934bddb11e2b7ab22000a1f90e7_7.jpg

Can he get me a job there? :p

Guessing that England game was utter shite lol

Wilbur

Banned

Who wouldn't?

avb2.jpg

Since when was everyone happy talking shit about other players and revealing targets.

A world gone mad.

I just want the window to shut.

Arnie

But I'm going to go ahead and blame Arsenal.
There's reasons for both clubs wanting to make the bid known.

Liverpool to tell the world that Suarez isn't for sale.

Arsenal to tell their supporters that they're trying to buy top players.
How do you know he has absolutely no way of knowing?

Huh?

HUH!?
I'm aware of his post history, that's how.
I meant buy Hulk.
Sorry, thought you were referring to Lamela.

For a second I thought you supported a second team, which would've killed all the respect I have for you.

K1LLER7

This is Woodward at work.

At an urgent pace.
Ben Smith
"Appears Fabregas will publicly commit himself to Barca at that presser and end #MUFC's exhaustive chase. Not certain though."

Why would they hold a PC to announce he's leaving. Guess he and his agent got what they wanted out on this mess.

Chipotle

Leave Anderson alone! He shows that fat and lazy people such as myself can do anything we set our minds to
badly, slowly and sporadically

He's a hero

ShogunX

Wasn't talking about the media's involvement.

I was referring to Ayre confiming our bids and Brendan accusing us of a lack of respect etc.

John Cross who is Arsenal's version of Marca has been posting all kinds of articles in The Mirror. He's the cunt talking about legal action, release clauses and more bids.

Arnie

henry.jpg

Wasn't talking about the media's involvement.

I was referring to Ayre confiming our bids and Brendan accusing us of a lack of respect etc.
Seems incredibly naive considering the bid was already in the public domain.

It's not disrespectful to confirm the truth, it's disrespectful to inform the world media that a bid has been placed.

Arsenal have been briefing John Cross with PR fluff for weeks now.
Iago seems to be a bit of a character.

BQVq-D8CIAEj1wL.jpg:large

Also did you see this? Amazing.

tumblr_mqpalb25yM1rz8rnqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqokgbS4wX1qeascao1_500.jpg
They're both class.

Reckon Iago's gonna be excellent next season.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Keith Curles on SSN there saying he can see Marco Verratti playing for Liverpool. This guy is paid to say this stuff lol.

Salvadora

John Cross who is Arsenal's version of Marca has been posting all kinds of articles in The Mirror. He's the cunt talking about legal action, release clauses and more bids.
You have absolutely no way of knowing if John Cross is in any way affiliated with Arsenal.

Based on what we know, it's Liverpool who've disrespected us.

I like the way you think.

PS. <--------- REMEMBER THIS FACE VIVA!
It'll take me a couple of days but fear not it will soon be imprinted in my mind.

Ben Smith
"Appears Fabregas will publicly commit himself to Barca at that presser and end #MUFC's exhaustive chase. Not certain though."

Why would they hold a PC to announce he's leaving. Guess he and his agent got what they wanted out on this mess.
Yeah if he's going to speak publicly it'll only be to say he's staying.

Good job Ando's looking...not fat.

Dibbz

Keith Curles on SSN there saying he can see Marco Verratti playing for Liverpool. This guy is paid to say this stuff lol.

I'm gonna assume this is the same fella that was on for weeks saying Fabregas to United was done. Guy is full of so much shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom