• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

So we're offering Downing around for £5 million? Not that surprised, we have Iago and Ibe for that position now, both of whom are better. Add in Costa and there's no way in for him now.

At least he can leave with some dignity and well wishes. I'll never forget his goal v Spurs.

Andy Mitten's view into the Cesc situation. Makes some good points.

I'm pretty sure Cesc won't come out and say to Barca he wants to leave. The PC on Thursday will be ideal way for him to state his situation and I think he'll say then, that he wants to stay.

Fabregas doesn't have to say anything to prove he is happy at Barcelona. Also, players discuss transfers because they are bombarded with transfer news by the press and by fans.

Chipotle

I'd kill for an Incredibles sequel.

[insert crap Arsenal joke]

EDIT: That really didn't work at all. For some reason my brain read 'The Invincibles' and thought that the pixar film was called 'The Invincibles'. I have had far too much coffee today.

GorillaJu

Just saw a guy in Vegas with a Dempsey shirt. The funny thing is that it was a Sounders shirt. Guess some people are really excited.

K1LLER7

Fabregas doesn't have to say anything to prove he is happy at Barcelona. Also, players discuss transfers because they are bombarded with transfer news by the press and by fans.
True, there's no need for him to say anything. But, I think Barca would want to have him reassure fans that he'll stay. There's no doubt that he'll be questioned on the transfer IF he is actually at the PC. I think this will be the first time we'll get his response to the bids too.

Timurid

I saw a 8 or 9 people wearing Wolverhampton shirts at Lolla. There were also la liga cunts and an old school Chelsea shirt.

Why would you wear a football shirt though? Won't you get sweaty?

Clydefrog

Just saw a guy in Vegas with a Dempsey shirt. The funny thing is that it was a Sounders shirt. Guess some people are really excited.

clint.png

FuturusX

I was at the Seattle Sounders home game when he was presented to the fans. They were selling them on the night of the official announcement - Shirts were literally flying off the shelves and on to backs that very night. I saw people wearing them on the way home.

TeegsD

And West Ham is now winning. When I got in the shower, we were up 1-0...

Once again I'm gonna ask, any plans for fantasy this year, paid or not?

Meier

What happened with Dempsey? Wasn't he good with Spurs?

He played better in the second half of the season. Scored some important goals for them.. think 12 overall. Not a bad season, but he knew that his play time would be a bit sporadic in this coming year and I'm sure Spurs were happy to get back his entire transfer fee a year later. Apparently his new contract includes a clause that he can be loaned out during the winter so maybe he'll play some EPL games this January like Donovan did in the past.

TeegsD

Can somebody just put the fantasy league instructions/code into the OP so people don't have to always ask? :lol

I'm just an imbecile. Kept passing over it in the OP, maybe it should be made a bit bigger. Though it still doesnt answer whether we are doing a paid league though. Totally worth the $8.something

TeegsD

And Ravel scores again, 1-3 West Ham. I don't know who is on our backline right now, but this is shit. Even for pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom