• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

OQyxgOf.png

nice midfield. Was gonna go for cutinho as well but he was to expensive, wanna see what he can do first.

Alot of people don't have Van Persie, very surprising.

Aspas is a good shout for a striker in the early weeks. No Suarez, Sturridge won't be fit and Aspas looks a good player.

to expensive. You can have van persie for 14 and a shitty guy for 4.5 total 18.5 or have 2 good people for 9mil

a lot of people are opting for the latter.

K1LLER7

Aspas is a good shout for a striker in the early weeks. No Suarez, Sturridge won't be fit and Aspas looks a good player.
14m is too much for me.

Suprised Aguero isn't in people's teams. Wonder why he didn't play Pre-season.

Wilbur

Banned

He's just too expensive I think.

Got Jovetic up front right now but will probably swap him out for Soldado.

Arnie

I had Aspas in, but then I opted for Django because let's be honest he's fucking top.
Suarez in the squad to go to Oslo.
Good.

He'll do something cunty during it, though.
Adebayfuckingor. Its the only way.
I'm not kidding I'd rather have Sanogo.

Reason why you should pick Van Persie is the guaranteed to start every game, better than all the other players in the game, takes corners, free kicks and penalties, plays for one of the best teams in the league, proven consistency.

Once RVP is in your team, you don't need to worry about him, just leave him in there, over the season the points are guaranteed.

There's a reason he's 14.0.

Omiee

Reason why you should pick Van Persie is the guaranteed to start every game, better than all the other players in the game, takes corners, free kicks and penalties, plays for one of the best teams in the league, proven consistency.

Once RVP is in your team, you don't need to worry about him, just leave him in there, over the season the points are guaranteed.

fuck, now im beginning to doubt my team again.

Nah keeping it this way. 14 is to much im sorry. If i want him i got to lose 2 solid players.

is it true that Rooney had words w/ a senior player? he really is a fucking idiot.

Rooney is going to do whatever he has to do to get out of United.

Going to be very very interesting to see how the club respond. Had they done what they needed to do and signed players they could have dealt with this in a far easier way. Complete lose-lose situation for the club now - and they have a player who is, it would seem, refusing to play for the club.

On £250k a week.

Until he gets inevitably injured.

Suen

Atletico's president has came out and said that we told them we would make a bid for Bernard and never did :lol.

Bernard is still saying he's available.
I thought Bernard was pretty much a done deal for Porto/Shakhtar Donetsk? Did we ever have a chance? I'd still go for him if he's available.

Salvadora

I was certain he'd be a Porto player by now.
Their president only mentioned that they had received bis of £15.7m from Spurs which they withdrew and £21.8m Shakhtar.

No Porto interest is strange indeed.
I thought Bernard was pretty much a done deal for Porto/Shakhtar Donetsk? Did we ever have a chance? I'd still go for him if he's available.
He said he went over to visit them but isn't a Shakhtar player. Is sticking to the 'nothing certain' line.

Feorax

Someone has just made a really good point on my twitter feed.

FSG have only intervened and told Rodgers "no" on two signings. The first was Dempsey, the second was Ashley Williams.

Considering we instead bought Coutinho, and are targeting Papadopalous, you have to gove them credit there.

FSG have only intervened and told Rodgers "no" on two signings. The first was Dempsey, the second was Ashley Williams.

Considering we instead bought Coutinho, and are targeting Papadopalous, you have to gove them credit there.
Why did they intervene though?

That's what matters, whether the end result was good or bad - could merely be, infact most likely is, just coincidence

I don't know the reason they did btw, so I'm genuinely curious - but I think the reasons for intervention is what should be judged.

Feorax

Why did they intervene though?

That's what matters, whether the end result was good or bad - could merely be, infact most likely is, just coincidence

I don't know the reason they did btw, so I'm genuinely curious - but I think the reasons for intervention is what should be judged.

Probably because they viewed them as poor investments, regardless of their capability.

Likely poor shirt sales, no resale value, higher wages.

Suen

Their president only mentioned that they had received bis of £15.7m from Spurs which they withdrew and £21.8m Shakhtar.

No Porto interest is strange indeed.

He said he went over to visit them but isn't a Shakhtar player. Is sticking to the 'nothing certain' line.
Considering how often Brazilian players like to start in Portugal you'd think Porto would have had him by now, especially after having sold Moutinho and James. Very strange.

Bernard is going to Shakhtar. He was spotted watching their game.
Source?

Splatt

Seems they're wary of "PL proven" players, after spending a lot of cash on Caroll, Downing...

Salvadora

Considering how often Brazilian players like to start in Portugal you'd think Porto would have
This is the story from Sky:
In-demand Atletico Mineiro forward Bernard is to visit Shakhtar Donetsk but claims no deal has been struck as yet.

The Ukrainian outfit have leapt to the front of the transfer queue after putting a tempting bid on the table.

Bernard, who is expected to head for Europe this summer, is prepared to see what they have to offer.

With his valuation having been met, the 20-year-old is intrigued to see what Donetsk would hold for him before he commits to anything.

He told TV Alterosa: "It's just a visit, there won't be any medical. Nothing is certain and I won't sign any documents.

"I made it clear to them that I would only visit so that I could see their facilities."

Bernard has previously been linked with a move to England, with Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal said to be keen, but Shakhtar are the only side to have met his asking price.

Speaking to Radio Itatiaia, Atletico president Alexandre Kalil said: "Tottenham made an offer of €18million (£15.7m) for Bernard, but they withdrew.

"Arsenal told us that they would bid, but never did. So what we have now is a €25m (£21.8m) bid from Shakhtar."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ard-says-no-move-agreed-with-shakhtar-donetsk

Yeah I agree. It makes me a bit nervous about Arsenal returning with a bid after telling them we would.

Wes

venison crêpe
Besides benteke and bony who is good? Van persie is to expensive. Dzeko a good choice or Lampert? I have 8.5 to spend after i bought mata, hazard and santi

whats the latest on bale btw?

Lambert for Southampton is a good bet. Will get a lot of minutes and also takes their penalties and set pieces.

Suen

This is the story from Sky:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ard-says-no-move-agreed-with-shakhtar-donetsk

Yeah I agree. It makes me a bit nervous about Arsenal returning with a bid after telling them we would.
Maybe Wenger is going with a one-bid-at-a-time policy. Seriously this is fucking stupid, no Higuain (for the better after that price), no Shrek and Suarez is looking less likely day by day. We should have met this guy's buy-out clause long ago. At this point it only feels like this guy is a plan B in case we don't get our primary targets, of course by the time it's confirmed we don't get our primary targets getting this guy will be too late because one of those two will have grabbed him already and we'll all have to enjoy Sanogo being the only new guy..

ShogunX

Liverpool have a transfer committee so it was more than likely them that decided against a few of the moves. Rodgers is part of the four man team which includes Ayre, Fallows(former Man City and now Head of Recruitment) and Michael Edwards(former Spurs and head of analysis).

It's worked well so far.

Feorax

Forgot about him, but wasn't he pretty cheap for a decent GK?

True enough. They sanctioned Toure for free too, despite dealing with the Joe Cole aftermath. Obviously happy to consider everything on a case by case basis.

Liverpool have a transfer committee so it was more than likely them that decided against a few of the moves. Rodgers is part of the four man team which includes Ayre, Fallows(former Man City and now Head of Recruitment) and Michael Edwards(former Spurs and head of analysis).

It's worked well so far.

Don't think that committie was active when Dempsey was being targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom