• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours that Everton want Henriquez (GOHAN) on loan as part of the deal.

I'm happy with that. Matinez has coached him before at Wigan.

Get Fellani in and Keep Rooney, I'm happy.

If Rooney leaves, get a replacement in.

Not sure why. He didn't even play Gohan last time. I'd rather Gohan get minutes with the reserves than stunt his development with Martinez.

Well if it means we get Fellani then it'll have to be done Viva.

Henriquez has to take one for the team. Who knows, Martinez might play him more this season.

I doubt a young player like Gohan would be the reason the deal fails.

Robbie Fowler ‏@Robbie9Fowler 4m
For all arsenal fans calling me coke head... Look closer to home . That is all

Wilshere_2858461.jpg

K1LLER7

Not sure why. He didn't even play Gohan last time. I'd rather Gohan get minutes with the reserves than stunt his development with Martinez.

I doubt a young player like Gohan would be the reason the deal fails.
If they want him as part of the deal then I'm guessing United will agree.

Would prefer if we give them Lingaard or Powell instead. They seem ready for a spell out on loan.

Tc91

Anyone see that little lad on Sky Sports News?

"Sell Suarez he's like a vampire, he bites too many people"

:lololol

Meier

They're not in a desperate panic to sell right away. They're going to gradually sell off the players aka you're not getting Willian on the cheap.

They paid something like €35m for him in January.. can't imagine they'd take much less than €30m. Still a nice player even at that price.

They paid something like €35m for him in January.. can't imagine they'd take much less than €30m. Still a nice player even at that price.

Would be the perfect Bale replacement IMO.

If they want him as part of the deal then I'm guessing United will agree.

Would prefer if we give them Lingaard or Powell instead. They seem ready for a spell out on loan.
Maybe we will but it would be stupid. They have Kone and Jelavic who will defo play ahead of him, maybe Anichebe too.

No point in bringing over young talent if we're gonna waste it.

Would be the perfect Bale replacement IMO.

Maybe we will but it would be stupid. They have Kone and Jelavic who will defo play ahead of him, maybe Anichebe too.

No point in bringing over young talent if we're gonna waste it.

Tbf I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw last night. My 'he's-not-going-to-make-it-o-meter' was going off.

And I don't even think his wages are even that high. Certainly one of the less likely players for them to sell off right now.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Defender Kelvin Wilson will walk out on Celtic to rejoin Nottingham Forest in a £2.5m deal after the Champions League qualifying tie against Elfsborg.

Bye then. :-/ Do we even have 11 players left?

LTWheels

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10227452/Luis-Suarez-claims-he-has-a-release-clause-in-contract.-Liverpool-say-no.-This-is-trench-warfare-football-style.html

Suarez, we have been told for weeks, has been considering taking legal action to prove he does indeed have a £40 million (plus £1) exit clause. He confirmed last night it is an avenue he is exploring, prompting the inevitable question: What are you waiting for then?
For God's sake man, just get on with it. Seriously. This is exactly how the conversation between Suarez and the Anfield hierarchy is going every time this challenge is threatened.

"I'll take legal action you know?"

"Fine, go ahead."

"I mean it. I'm going to do it."

"We heard you. Call your lawyer. Be our guest. You’ll lose."

"This is your last warning. Sell me now or I'm going to see you in court."

"There is no exit clause, Luis. Do what you want."

"I'm going to count to ten now and if you haven't sold me, I'm taking legal action. One... (two week pause)... Two..."

If it does end up at a Premier League tribunal (bet they'll hold a party at HQ if this ends up on their lap) Suarez will be faced with some questions he'd rather not answer.

Queries such as, if you only wanted to stay at Liverpool for one more season 12 months ago, why did you sign a new deal? If you had just two years left now, rather than three, you'd probably be gone already.

And does your suggestion Brendan Rodgers verbally guaranteed to oversee your sale this summer really tally with the fact you signed a contract extension after he was
appointed?

The Premier League might also ask why no formal, written transfer request has ever been handed in (like the legal threat, still very much stalling at the 'consideration' stage) and seek confirmation if Suarez's agent has handed confidential details about his contract to Arsenal, contrary to Rule K of the Premier League handbook. Come on Arsene, who told you to bid that extra quid?

I hope it get's really messy.

3Sixty

Defender Kelvin Wilson will walk out on Celtic to rejoin Nottingham Forest in a £2.5m deal after the Champions League qualifying tie against Elfsborg.

Bye then. :-/ Do we even have 11 players left?

Saw you linked with us to some Icelandic striker playing in the Dutch league.

Hope you get him...

Arnie

Oh god I only finish work at 6. Going to race off on my bike and get home by like 35 minutes in.

Also, that Telegraph article is brilliant.

Destroy him.

subtles

Isn't Luis Suarez the only formidable senior player on Pere Guardiola's books? I seem to remember the rest of his (player) clients were Spanish Cantera.

Hixx

We just scored a really nice goal. Giak lovely flick to Sess, flicks it to Altidore who backheels to AJ who smashes it top corner

Salvadora

Isn't Luis Suarez the only formidable senior player on Pere Guardiola's books? I seem to remember the rest of his (player) clients were Spanish Cantera.
Iniesta too I believe, but yeah, from the sounds of things he has a very shallow pool of players. At senior level at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom